Chapter 1: A new Body
102 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo, I’m Jericho (Insert family name) just your normal guy, just recently graduated university, along with finishing engineering and some robotics engineering, not my type of stuff, but who cares, for all I know I took the course and finished the course that’s all I know.

Since I recently graduated, I barely had enough sleep inside those rooms they call ‘Dorms’, I’m sleep deprived, I just want to return home just to take a Goddamn rest.

Jericho, a recently graduated young man, was just on his way back home, he didn’t have any problems during his schooling, except for the lack of sleep he experienced when he was still inside the university’s dorm. He practically didn’t have anywhere else to go as he supported himself, via side jobs and the school’s loan, his family’s gone, his grandmother had recently passed and he’s all by himself.

Reaching his old apartment that he was able to keep, he went inside and decided to take his long-awaited prize, a good day’s worth of sleep. But after just walking to his room, he encountered his old friend, his Computer.

Though, almost run-down and would give up any second, he decided to play one last game on his most favorite RTS game, Galactic Conquest.

The game itself was very good, attracting 500 million players worldwide, it was very well made and programmed, there were factions that needed strategies to win, and some just used pure luck, and some very hard ones, the game’s map was an entire galaxy that had massive terrains and multiple different planets.

How the game worked was basically, bring 60 players in a server, let them choose a faction, build an army and navy, conquer the entire galaxy, until you’re the only one left… that’s about it. most games last for multiple hours making players addicted in the game and interacting with other players.

The players have their fun, they can do whatever they want, commit genocide, commit war crimes, make random governments. Make alliances, the RTS typical stuff. It was also programmed to act ‘very real’ for authenticity, letting soldiers mutiny, the people disagreeing with the leader’s choice and whatnot.

“Haa, how I missed this.”

Jericho said to Himself. As he looked at his computer, the nostalgia hit him, he held the title of top of the leaderboards, basically 1st. Until he enrolled in University of course.

“Might as well play, not like I will do anything today, I’ll find a job tomorrow, with my grade I can be hired instantly”

He boasted himself, being confident as he graduated 4th of his class, if it weren’t for him sleeping during some classes, he would’ve been a salutatorian and maybe on par with their valedictorian. But for him, none of that matters.

He booted up his PC and opened his computer, he was ready to make the most of it, as his youth was already gone, he would’ve at least spent some remaining time on his favorite game.

***

8 hours later, he had recently won a game, using the game’s most hardest to control and basically the most hated units in the game, due to their programming and stupid acts, they weren’t even classified as units of war and more like rubbish, low-tiered, ‘why did they even create it?’, worker or slave units, say what you can.

And that unit right there was the Droid army.

For 99% of the players, they were unused and very hated, since who would want a stupid-ass droid army, that can only walk and shoot, sometimes even not listening to commands and getting basically wrecked.

But for players like me, it was the best faction of the game, it had pros and cons. Its pros, unlike the normal recruitment queue, droids were manufactured in massive numbers, and used less resources than the normal units, making a massive army just at the start of the game. 

But it had its cons, if not commanded properly they would just, stand, waiting to be shot at. They were hard to control, you might’ve thought they were easy just because they were droids, oh no. the game programmed them to be directly commanded by the player, making battle generals unnecessary and worthless when using the droids.

A battle general or Battle Admiral, was basically a unit that can be assigned to command your armies and navies while your away from the computer to rest or eat, just give them a command like ‘wipeout: insert player name’, blockade: ‘insert star system or planet name’ and they would follow your orders and attack the enemy, even if they were Ai’s they did quite a good job at commanding and defeating other player’s armies and conquering enemy planets.

But when you choose the Droids, you have to manually command them and when your commanding an army of almost 100,000 units, they’re basically standing targets, if you’re not fast enough an entire flank or division would be destroyed in seconds.

And to top it all off, they had weak-ass HP or health, but I did say they required less resources, and while there were other droids you can research in the technology and research tab, you basically have to pour your entire time on just that one unit, you can’t waste your research points on another, because why not?

Basically, once the creators created the droid army they were like. “Oh, too OP, let’s nerf em so that players won’t play them because it’s too hard to control”.

But for me controlling an army such as that caliber was easy, I had practiced all of the factions in the game since I was a young boy and I tell you not the droid Army literally made me love them. They were even the reason I got to robotic engineer and IT stuff and courses.

It’s both an OP army while being the most shittiest army in the game at the same time, I even used them in trolling players, spam 100,000 droids, then let the enemy fend them off, after they fend them off, send another army of 100,000 droids, it was so much fun doing that, players raged because I didn’t stop sending droids at their planets, this resulted in them raging so much they sometimes just left.

Not that I think about what time is it.

Jericho looked at the clocked showing [4:41 A.M]

Oh, welp time for my long-awaited sleep, I guess.

And he soon immediately fell asleep on his chair.

***

In the middle of his sleep, he felt that he was laying on his back, like he was laid down on a soft and comfy bed.

What kind of material did they use here? It’s feels like heaven.

Jericho enjoyed his long-awaited and heavenly sleep, until realization came.

Wait a minute… how did I even get the money to buy a bed, no, how did I even get to a bed in the first place? I don’t have a bed in my apartment nor the money to buy one.

He immediately opened his eyes to see a granite-like ceiling, it had a red-like appearance it was obviously not his apartment room, Jericho raised his head to see the surroundings and was shocked to see, it wasn’t his room, it was desolate and inside the giant room was only the master bedroom he was sleeping on wasn’t even his.

“What the heck happened? this is not my house.”

Jericho in confusion decided to immediately inspect other places other than the room he was in, that is, if the door isn’t locked, but before he stood up from the bed, he pulled his blanket away from his legs and saw something shocking.

His legs weren’t his legs, it was too long, he was just a normal short student, but the legs he saw wasn’t his.

He decided to touch his new legs to try and feel if it was really his and again, he saw something different about his hands, it too was long and slender.

What the hell happened?! 

Jericho’s mind was all over the place, he had so many questions unanswered, but then the supposed answers to his questions suddenly appeared.

Memories, but it weren’t his, it was from different person.

As it flooded to his mind, as the memories flooded inside his mind, there were more questions than answers, suddenly feeling that he lost his strength, he laid himself back down on the comfy bed trying to at least find a comfortable position for him to rest and think about what happened.

“Haaa, you’ve got to be kidding me, man.”

2