Vol.10 Ch.1
710 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.1

Ten knocked lightly on the door. He didn’t want to wake his brother because he was always grumpy when waking up. After he waited a while, Ten opened the door slowly, carefully.

The blood shot eyes of his brother starred at him and scared Ten nearly to dead.

“What do you want?” asked Nine without sitting up.

“Let’s sleep together.”

Ten waved his own pillow and squeezed trough the crack between the door and the door frame.

“Don’t want to. Get out. Your room is next door.”

Ten ignored his brother and stepped with his bare feet on the carpet. This one time he wouldn’t go away. He slowly inched toward the bed while waiting for Nine to get angry and throw something at him.

Nothing happened. Ten tilted his head while trying to understand why his brother didn’t get angry like usual.

“Get in. I’m tired.”

Ten smiled and slipped under the blanket. His brother was still the best. Even if he usual threw knifes at him when he entered the kitchen without permission, he could understand.

I thought you would be in the kitchen but there were only Eleven and Twelve. They told me you had to work a lot to get this holiday. So, you must be really tired.”

“If you know why are you still talking?”

“Are you sure the food they cook is edible, especial Eleven’s.”

“I left Eight with them so it should be alright. Now sleep.”

Ten hummed softly. He liked Nine the most out of his brothers. Even if the things he said were cold. Nine would always cook things that Ten liked. He would never abandon him.

Ten closed his eyes knowing that nothing could happen as long as his brother was by his side.

Even before Ten opened his eyes, he knew, something happened.

Ten was swimming in some kind of blue liquid. As he climbed out of the capsule, which opened when he woke up, the liquid stuck to his body. Ten’s face was blank since he didn’t know in what kind of situation he was. Ten’s Body was too weak to stand for a long time, so he simply sat on the floor.

He observed how the liquid dripped from his body onto the floor, staining it blue. A bit of color was added to the complete white room. The floor, the walls, the ceiling, everything was white. It didn’t take long for Ten to find out that even his hair had turned white.

Since his body didn’t feel old there should be an other reason for his hair to turn white.

Ten could feel that his body seemed to be regenerating. His muscles were getting stronger and stronger. Something strange had happened, making his hair white and his body a lot stronger.

Ten froze for a moment as he thought about it. Starring down at his hands, he had to think about if this was really his body. The scars on his hands were gone, leaving only smooth and white skin.

It even seemed like he had become somewhat taller.

Ten stood up and tried to estimate his high. There was nothing in the room to use as a high reference but Ten felt like he had grown at least a few centimeters.

Honestly, Ten felt strange. You wouldn’t normally think that you could still grow after the age of twenty. Even if Twelve always said that he could theoretically grow until the age of twenty-five. This was a bit too much.

The door suddenly opened from the outside and a man with a white beard came in. It was someone Ten didn’t know, what meant he was probably far away from his brothers, since the only doctor who tended to him was his brother Twelve.

“I’m Professor Y, your master. From this moment on you will do everything that I tell you to do.”

It was probably safe if Ten thought of him as a mad scientist.

After the first sentence Ten really wanted to hit that guy and pummel his life out of him. But he would wait. He had to find out about his situation first before he could act.

Professor Y nodded his head when he saw that Ten didn’t react in any way to his words. He took his left hand out of his coat pocket and a light screen appeared before him.

Ten successfully suppressed a flinch and starred at the professor with an empty gaze.

“The imprinting was a success, you can come in.”

Imprinting? What was Ten? A baby bird? Even if he didn’t feel like hitting anyone before he definitive felt like it now. Urg. Holding back was so hard. Where were his brothers if he needed them?

“Professor, if this experiment is successful you will be the hero of the stars.” said a young man with brown hair who came in through the door.

The professor nodded proud at the statement. Ten really wanted to roll his eyes. No matter what the experiment was, he doubted that it was a success since he didn’t feel like doing what that old man said at all. Well, maybe that would change after they tested it out.

“Follow me.” the old man said to Ten and walked out of the room.

Nope, still didn’t feel like doing it. But since it would be good to get out of the room Ten followed the old man.

The two men brought Ten out of the room and lead him through a long corridor. Ten felt kind of bored because he couldn’t really do anything or say anything, since he didn’t want to blow his cover. Ten suppressed a yawn, which made him squint lightly. Still white everywhere.

It was good that the two men ignored Ten since they thought he would do whatever they wanted. But it was likely that there was surveillance around or else they would never be this relaxed.

Ten, who was busy with his own thoughts, nearly ran into the professor who suddenly stopped.

What an annoying bastard. Ten only noticed the door behind that guy as it opened. Well, at least he had a good reason to stop. Ten didn’t think anything about it until he walked into the room.

In the room were six iron tables. On five of those tables were young men with an expressionless face strapped so that they couldn’t struggle. On every young man worked a few people with white coats. Injecting unknown liquids, taking blood samples, cutting them here and there. Even for Ten who had seen a lot while being trained, it was hard to look at. But none of those white clothed people seem to think that there was something wrong with the picture.

“Number Ten, lay on the table.” professor Y said spirited.

As Ten had thought, he was another one of those who were strapped on the table.

Welcome! Welcome!

I'm happy you are reading my series. Please leave comments, votes and whatever.

I'm thankful for suggestions and if you notice flaws in my plot or narrative or something please tell me.

Happy reading, Benny

13