Vol.10 Ch.6
414 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.6

If Ten had know that the wind would sting in his eyes like that, he would never have lifted his head to the sky.

The tears simply kept pouring out and Ten couldn’t do anything about it. Maybe, it was the original owner who finally was at his peace after leaving the laboratory. After more then ten years he could finally leave this place. He would have been happy, if he was still alive at this point.

Ten sighed before wiping away his tears. He didn’t know what the marshal was planning to do with him, maybe it was worse than the laboratory. His brother had told him about reverse engineering, maybe they could do it with his body too. He knew that nobody would pass a chance to gain more power. He stealthy glanced at the marshal and really wondered what he had planed for him, Ten didn’t think that the Marshal would let this opportunity to get stronger pass by. That was why he had told him about the database.

Originally, Ten only got to know about it through coincidence, he heard about it as he walked in the hallway while two research assistants were talking. Surprisingly it was true. Though, Ten had known that there had to be a place where they stored the research data but his original plan was to destroy it. Who would have thought that he had to buy his freedom with it, if they really let him go after he gave it to them.

If only he could talk, then he could strike a deal with the marshal, but to say the truth his situation now was quiet hopeless.

Finally he turned around to the marshal, only to see him look at Ten with pity. So he really planned to put Ten in another laboratory and felt slightly guilty about which was why he looked at him like this. It seems like it was a error to try and trust him.

Originally, Ten had believed that he could trust him since his presence was similar to his brothers but it seemed like he was wrong. Ten scolded himself, after staying in the laboratory for so long his senses really had dulled.

“I still have to do a few things, do you want to wait outside or in my hover car?”

The marshal asked Ten who could only stare back blankly, how should he know what a hover car was?

“It’s cold outside, so, please wait inside for me.”

The marshal smiled at Ten, which was unbelievable good looking. Since before Ten had noticed that, though everyone somehow looked above average, the marshal was especial good looking, his dark eyes seemingly peering deep into your soul.

Ten followed the marshal to his car and finally saw why it was called a hover car, it really hovered a bit over the ground. Once again, Ten was speechless about what the future had brought. He wondered how it worked but at the end he simply ignored his slight curiosity, he wasn’t trained in technology, even if he know how it worked it wouldn’t matter to him.

“By the way, my name is Darius. Can you tell me your name?”

Darius, a good name, Ten thought.

It took a while for him to get Darius to understand that his name was Ten and not only because the professor had said so, but because it was his name.

Darius sighed.

“If you want to be called that, then fine. But if I find your birth name out later, I will use him if I like him more.”

If Darius really found out his birth name he had to tell him, since he wanted to know it too.

Ten watched in the car as Darius walked back into the laboratory, only a soldier stood outside the vehicle.

If Ten really wanted to run away then it wouldn’t hinder him, but he had decided that it was most likely okay if he followed Darius. Even if it wasn’t, he could still run away. Without his brothers around who usually told him what to do, he only knew that he had to keep living. No matter what he had to live and wait to see them again.

With those thoughts Ten drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Who would have thought that he would find himself in another laboratory when he woke up.

12