Vol.10 Ch.12
395 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you guys want smut?
  • Yes Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Feb 16, 2021 11:13 AM.

10.12

The arrow struck Ten’s shoulder which was in front of Darius’ heart. If Ten hadn’t jumped in between, Darius would have died.

Ten had only fallen because of the impact since he couldn’t feel the pain but he wouldn’t bother to explain it to the shocked Darius now. Ten stood up quickly and ripped the arrow out of his shoulder.

At this moment an arrow shoot the soldier down. Some of his blood sprayed on Ten’s face. But Ten ignored it. It wasn’t the time to take care of other people.

He used his full strength to throw the arrow back at the person who had shoot it. He had seen clearly that the arrow was shoot from the roof of the concert hall. Someone had waited there for Darius to show up and had shoot at him.

Ten could see a person fall from the roof and sprinted over, he had to make sure if that guy was still alive. But after a few steps, he stopped, he had to take Darius with him, who knew what else those guys had planned.

Ten turned around and saw Darius closing the eyes of the soldier. Even if he saw that scene he couldn’t take care of Darius’ feelings since he first had to take care of his life.

He took Darius’ hand and pulled him, only if he stayed by his side would he be completely safe.

The two meet a few soldiers on the way and Darius instructed them to take care of the body of the fallen soldier and to follow him since he was going to capture the culprit.

Ten ignored all of them and took Darius to the side of the building. There was a big puddle of blood, but no culprit.

By this amount of blood Ten must have hit some vital part of his body. So it was logically to think that he had an accomplice. Ten furrowed his brows, he didn’t like to think that there was more than one person who was after Darius life.

Darius instructed the soldiers to search the perimeter. He also didn’t like that people were after his life, this time the child got injured while protecting him, what if he lost his life because of that in the future.

The soldiers came back with bad news, they not only didn’t find the culprit but also found injured soldiers who witnessed that the culprit and his accomplice were gone with their hover car. Following them now wouldn’t bring any result back because nobody had seen the number plate.

While Darius was busy dealing with the incident, Ten sniffed around, like literally. He could smell something strange, but he didn’t know what it was. It was a smell he knew but he couldn’t remember where he had smelled it. The only thing he could find out was that the smell came from the blood of the culprit. When nobody was looking, Ten dipped his finger into the puddle and licked the blood off his finger. Yep, the smell came from the blood, there was a strange taste mixed in. But he really couldn’t remember where he tasted it before. He also couldn’t remember why he knew what blood should taste like. It seemed like there were still a lot of unknown things hidden in his or the memories of the original owner of the body.

Ten could only give up for now and go home with Darius. Since Darius was the goal of the attack they didn’t let him stay and his second in command arrived shortly after to take care of everything. Who would have thought that Ten would suddenly faint as he climbed into the hover car to drive home.

Through the tension of the attack Ten and even Darius had both completely forgotten to take care of Ten’s wound. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem since Ten’s wounds healed really fast, but not this time. For whatever reason Ten’s wound hadn’t closed by itself.

Darius brought Ten home while contacting professor X, since that guy studied Ten’s body he should able to heal his wounds easily.

When Darius arrived, the professor already waited at the front door. The professor thought it was impossible for Ten’s wounds not to close up, since he had seen his healing ability when he operated his neck. He was shocked when Darius called him and even more shocked as he saw Ten’s blood soaked appearance, by this amount of blood it was a miracle that Ten was still alive. Since the wound continued to bleed it was clear that Ten’s healing ability still worked, but not on the wound.

The professor sighed, what an unlucky child.

The usual methods also didn’t work, normally you would soak the wounds in a special fluid which speed up the recovery or at least glue the wound ends together. Since the techniques were unsuccessful, they could only stop the bleeding in an rather old school way, if it had been someone other than the professor, they wouldn’t even have known how.

After sewing the wound the professor instructed Darius with a few things and ran back to his laboratory, he had to find out the cause for the slow wound healing.

Darius freed Ten from his blood soaked clothes and gave him a bath, carefully sparring his wound, as not to open it again. Since the wound was closed now, a bit of color had returned to Ten’s face, Darius sighed in relieve.

After dressing Ten in a pajama and putting him to bed, Darius took a shower and lay beside him. He should be here to take care of him if he woke up in the middle of the night.

Little did he know that he slept so deeply that he didn’t notice as Ten woke up in the middle of the night. His eyes were crimson.

Hey everyone, It's me, the author, (who else).

I put a poll at the beginning of the chapter, you can vote whether the story will have smut or not, but be warned I never wrote smut before so I can't promise anything good.

Anyway have fun, and I hope you vote choice comes true.

Greeting from the author.

13