Vol.10 Ch.24
269 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.24

“Because of your healing ability you should already be able to talk, but I would recommend you to hold yourself back from talking just yet. The wounds may be healed but you body still needs some time to adjust to your new vocal cords and it would be a shame if something happened just because you talked too soon.”

Ten nodded, that much was common sense, he wouldn’t risk his voice only because he was eager to talk.

“Since I also have to go back to work I’ll bring you to Harry, he should be able to take care of you.”

Simon blandly pushed Ten to someone else since he didn’t want to bother with Ten anymore, he wanted to be alone for a while.

While Simon and Ten walked through the hallway to Harry’s workroom, Ten heard a strange noise. It wasn’t really a strange noise but more like a weak voice. When Simon turned around because he couldn’t hear Ten’s footsteps, he was gone.

Looking around Simon couldn’t find Ten anywhere, he simply disappeared. Simon felt like he would get a headache. Without waiting for Ten to appear again Simon walked into Harry’s room. He was still met with nothing. How come Harry was gone too? Were they playing with him or did something happen?

Since Simon couldn’t find the answer to those questions he simply decided to call professor X.

“What’s wrong? You just left and now you are calling me.”

“Ten disappeared, he was just walking behind me and suddenly he was gone. I also can’t find Harry.”

“And then?”

“Isn’t it strange that both disappeared at the same time? What if one of them was just playing with us and kidnapped the other?”

“Are you saying that Ten could play around with Darius?”

“Harry is also suspicious, nobody would ask someone if they want to marry them at the first meeting and so often after, if he didn’t have a hidden agenda.”

“…. Are you sulking because he didn’t tell you he would go out?”

“Professor, I’m serious. You have to sound the alarm, don’t let them flee with whatever they stole.”

“Simon, you...”

“What are you doing?”

Simon turned around when he heard the voice behind himself. Harry stood there with a bowl of noodles in his hand.

“Where were you?”

“I was getting something to eat since I thought you would be too busy today to eat together.”

“You are actually able to think of eating by yourself, then you don’t have to count on me in the future.”

Harry grew flustered at Simon’s words.

“No, today was a special case. I haven’t started my work for today yet, so I was able to think of that. Please let me to eat together with you in the future too”

“I don’t want to disturb your little lover spat, but have you seen Ten, Harry?”

“Ten? I haven’t seen him. Isn’t he with you, professor?”

“Unfortunately, it seems like Simon has lost him on his way to you.”

“Oh. I don’t really understand how you can lose an adult as if he was just a small child, but have you looked in the canteen? Maybe he smelled the food and ran over.”

“If he was in the canteen wouldn’t you have seen him?”

Harry was a bit stumped for words, he avoided Simon’s eyes as he tried to find a reason why he wouldn’t have met Ten in the canteen.

“Maybe he came in after I was gone?”

“Anyway, you two can look for him, I’m going to hang up.”

Without the professor around Simon didn’t knew how he should talk to Harry, he simply hoped that he didn’t hear that he had accused him of something.

“Let’s go and look for Ten after I finished eating my noodles.” Harry said smiling, Simon didn’t notice that his smile didn’t reach his eyes.

“Forget it! We’re going now!”

Simon really didn’t want Darius to come back before he found Ten again.

Ten followed the quiet noise through the hallways, he wanted to find out where it came from. At a corner he stopped, behind this corner he should find the source of this sound.

“Hurry up, we don’t have the time! I have to go back before they notice that I’m gone.”

“Don’t worry, I’m nearly finished.”

Listening to the conversation, it seemed like they were doing something wrong. Ten hid behind a plant and observed the two strange men who clearly shouldn’t be here.

One of them was wearing a military uniform, it looked petty much like the one Darius or Harry wore, something hid his face. It was like a kind of fog that hindered Ten from seeing his face, maybe some kind of technology for hiding you identity, and he had a voice changer. Ten felt like he had seen him somewhere before but since he couldn’t see his face or hear his voice, it was only a vague inclination.

The other guy simply wore black clothes and didn’t bother to hide his face, he crouched in front of the door, seemingly trying to open it.

With a ‘woosh’ the door opened. It was in that moment that Ten finally remembered that Darius had told him his light brain could also film. Without hesitating further, Ten positioned his light brain and filmed how the guy who opened the door walked into the room while the other was stationed outside. It took a long while until he came back out again, he had someone on his back.

The person on his back seemed unconscious, the visible part of his body was bandaged but you could still see the the blood dripping through those bandages. It seemed like they had come to get him. Ten silently followed after those two while they walked away after closing the door.

After a few turns they were outside. Ten looked around, he hadn’t known that there was an exit here. Ten filmed how the masked man climbed into a black hover car and helped to pull the unconscious guy in.

As the light fell from the inside to the outside, Ten could finally see his face.

Ten’s breath hitched.

He felt like he should stop them.

The guy they just took was professor Y.

For those of you who have forgotten, professor Y is the evil professor (ch. 1-5)

9