Vol.10 Ch.27
283 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.27

Look, it’s less than 90%, it really wasn’t me!”

Simon glared at him, it was such a slight difference and he still dared to say that it wasn’t him.

Since it wasn’t you, it should be easy to find another person to match the data. I’m leaving it to you.”

Simon snorted, he really wanted to see how Harry would find that person. Since he was so sure it wasn’t him, it should be easy for him to find them.

Harry really had no idea on how to find the culprit, he could only helplessly scratch his head.

Database.”

Harry and Simon turned around at the voice, they had nearly forgotten that Ten was here too.

You think we can find the person by using the military database?”

It would be possible, the military has a medicinal check-up every so often and the data for that are accessible for for the scientist in the faculty. If we use my account and compare the video with the data we could find the person, but it would take some time since there are a lot of soldiers.”

Simon actually considered the feasibility of this plan, more like how did Ten even know about the database? Had someone told him about it? How suspicious, Simon knew that Darius wouldn’t tell Ten something like this. Not because he didn’t trust him but because this information had no worth for Ten. If the information didn’t come from Darius, how could he know about it?

While Simon was busy speculating how Ten could get the information, Ten himself was still sleepy, he only wondered where he should sleep. Even if he didn’t really needed to sleep at this moment because of his body, as someone who normally slept together with Darius he still missed it somewhat. He really hadn’t thought about explaining to Simon that it was usual for the military to save the body data in his previous life.

Okay, Simon you take care of the comparison while I bring Ten to a place to sleep, I think you also need a time out since you have been working non-stop for a few days.”

Simon was surprised by Harry’s thoughtfulness and easily agreed. He didn’t see Harry’s smile as he left and simply laid down in his bed.

Harry brought Ten to his own room, his workroom had a bed, there was no problem with sleeping in there.

You can take my bed, I will sleep elsewhere. If you wake up, go to the professor, Simon won’t have time for you for a while. Here a map to the professor’s place.”

Ten already knew how he could get to the professor from Simon’s place, since he knew how to get to Simon’s place from Harry’s he had actually no need for the map. But he still accepted Harry’s message on his light brain before he watched Harry walking away, he seemed to be in a good mood.

Ten laid down on the bed and couldn’t sleep no matter how hard he tried. It was as if something was missing. He remembered the warmth he usual felt beside him if he went to sleep, but now the place beside him was empty. Without Darius, it was like a piece of himself was missing.

Darius cursed again, he and his men had only gotten out off the laboratory with a lot of luck. It was as if they were cursed. This was already the third one and each time there was some kind of trap that nearly, when not, took a lot of lives. At this point he really regretted that he hadn’t taken Ten with him, if he send him in as the first one his superior senses would detect the traps and it would have rescued a lot of lives. But since he had been scared to take Ten with him, he had lost more then two thousand men.

The dead traps were hidden that well that you could only find them if they activated but then, there would not be enough time to evacuate all of his men. The first one was a explosion, the second one was poison gas, the third one was the cruelest of them all because the doors suddenly closed and an army of monsters, most likely created in that laboratory, rushed at them. They had nowhere to hide and had to fight them while watching how they ripped their fallen comrades to pieces. If only Ten was with him, then everything would have been alright. He had seen his battle proneness himself, there was no way Ten would lose to these kind of traps. Was the difference between triple S and the realm above really that big? Darius could only do his best to rescue his men and to bring them home alive.

After they had evacuated their comrades, they could only destroy the laboratory to hinder the monsters from getting out. Even if there was no need to go this far, because this laboratory was on an inhabited planet, the soldiers wouldn’t be able to sleep well at night if they let the monsters, who hurt their comrades, go.

Marshal, we took care of the wounded.”

Good, it’s time to go home.”

What about the other laboratories?”

The soldier asked, he remembered that the marshal told him they would raid five.

Since they know that we’re coming, there is no need to go since we won’t find any evidence.”

Marshal, how do you know that they know that we are coming?”

There wasn’t anyone there, only those traps. Do you really thing that it’s always like this? How would they work then?”

The only question Darius had was, how did they find out that they would come?

9