Vol.10 Ch.34
217 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.34

Ten turned to the door and his eyes widened in surprise, Darius was back.

Ten sprang up from his chair and pounced at him. He was really happy that Darius was back. He simply ignored Harry, who gaped at his behavior, and clung to Darius. Finally, they could go home.

Darius smiled at the wild Ten, he had missed the little one greatly, he was happy that it seemed like he had also missed him.

You came back sooner than expected.”

No? I said I would be back today.”

Who would have thought that you meant in the middle of the night, I thought it would be something like midday. But since you are here, you can take Ten with you, since I don’t have any time for you two, Simon is still waiting for me.”

I don’t think he is actually waiting for you.”

Maybe not before, but now he will definitively be angry if I’m not there when he wakes up.”

Ignoring Darius confused face, Harry strode out of the room and back to Simon’s lair where an angry dragon waited to be slain. He was already too long away; Simon should be awake by now.

Starring at Harry’s back which disappeared in the distance, Darius shook his head.

Just what happened while I was gone?”

He asked more himself than Ten because there also waited a surprise for him to discover it.

Just as Ten opened his mouth to tell Darius what he had missed, the professor came back. He was stunned to see Darius with Ten in his arms.

You are back? How come you are back so soon?”

How come everybody asks that? You should be happy that I could anticipate that the landing was today and not yesterday, it would have been a shame if you had waited the whole day for me to show up and I only arrive at midnight.”

It’s after midnight, the emperor took really long with his speech, no wonder I’m hungry.”

Why did you talk to the emperor?”

The terrorists freed professor Y, so I had to report and got lectured. How were things on your end?”

The laboratories were full of traps; it seems like they estimated our arrival. We have to find the traitor soon or else we can’t do anything.”

Both of them sighed, why was there always trouble in their way. They only wanted to do their jobs but somehow something always popped up.

Ten tugged at Darius sleeve, he wanted to go home.

You are right, we should go home and get a good night’s sleep before we talk about those things. Did you eat yet?”

Ten shook his head, he had listened to Harry’s story until he nearly staved to dead.

Well then, professor, we are going home let’s meet later and exchange information.”

Darius nodded at the professor and carried Ten out of the room, he didn’t want to starve his little treasure.

The professor could only shake his head at Darius impatient behavior, he didn’t even have time to tell him that he had restored Ten’s voice and womb. Well, at least the first thing he would notice on his own and for the last, there was no need to tell Darius something like this since it wasn’t like they would do anything that could get Ten pregnant.

 

Harry carried a tablet with food into the room, he wouldn’t dare to expect that Simon got it himself. And as he expected, Simon was awake, and his expression didn’t look that good.

When he saw Harry coming back carrying all that food his expression eased slightly until he noticed it and put on a stern face. Harry had to hold back his laughter at the sight because he knew if he laughed now, he would have to face the wrath of Simon for a long time.

“So, you didn’t run away, how surprising!”

Simon sneered, how had he felt waking up after doing so much and the bed beside him was empty, not even resulting warmth was left at the place where Harry should be sleeping. Harry shouldn’t think that he would forgive him for running away just because he brought back food. He knew exactly how long it took to get food and he wasn’t even calculating the score from not directly ordering it. Harry would have to work for a long time just to get back Simon’s good grace.

“Sorry that it took so long, I had to take the professor’s place in taking care of Ten and then I had to inform Darius of some stuff that happened while he was gone since I ran into him coming back.”

Harry didn’t feel guilty at all telling a small white lie since he was sure the professor had informed Darius of the important stuff that happened while he was gone, and the most important thing for him was to calm down Simon.

“Since you brought food, I will forgive you this once, that is if you brought the right stuff.”

“Of course, it all your favorites!”

Harry had to flatter Simon some more until he could sit down on the bed and feed Simon, who lazily opened his mouth, squinting. Life could stay like this.

 

After eating his fill, Ten cuddled himself into Darius arms and fell fast asleep. It wasn’t until the next morning, the sun shone through the open curtains directly onto his face, that he woke up. Without Darius by his side he simply hadn’t had a good night’s sleep. As he looked at Darius beside him, it seemed like he also didn’t sleep that much.

In this moment, it seemed like the perfect moment to surprise Darius with his new voice. What was better than waking him up by calling his name?

Ten opened his mouth, before the first tone could come out, Darius’ light brain ringed loudly.

It's time to raise flags!

5