Vol.10 Ch.61
92 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.61

The loud mouthed soldier spat out a mouthful of blood as he was smashed into the wall. His body was littered with with cuts, bruises and even burn marks. Only in this moment he regretted that he hadn't listened to Ty. If nothing happened, he would die here.

Just when the guard robot that attacked him wanted to give him the finishing blow, he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

“Master told you to stay nearby, why did you run off on your own?”

The egg shaped robot had come to his rescue.

“How should I have known that the guards would be so fierce?!”

“Master told you.”

The soldier really had nothing to say to this, Ty had really said that he would most likely die if he got on the bad side of the guard robots, he couldn't win this verbal fight.

“I only wanted to take a look at the mechas, I couldn't know that the guard bots would react like this.”

If the egg shaped robot had eyes he would have glared, that soldier actually had the audacity to pout.

“There are no mechas on this floor, there are only cells.”

“And how should I have known that, nobody told me that.”

“Master said it when you came to this floor.”

The egg shaped robot was a bit worried, it seemed like he had come too late, the brain of this human was already irreparable damaged.

It was like he could feel the look of pity of the robot in front of him, the soldier stubbornly stood up. Ignoring his pain and his leg injury, he probed himself up on the wall and sent the robot a glance.

“Let's go back to the others.”

“No.”
“Why not?”

“I will bring you up again, your injuries have to be treated.”

With those words the egg shaped robot brought the soldier slowly to the elevator.

-----

“Alright, Eggy found him and brought him up for medical treatment.”

Ty played with his light brain, who would have thought that he would ever use Eggy as a hero saving the beauty.

“Who is Eggy?”

“Of course, it is the egg shaped robot you meet before.”

Simon shrunk his neck at the glance Ty gave him, how should he have known that Ty's naming sense was just like this. Well, thinking about it, his inventions always had strange names. Just remembering that the first series of robots, they were called 'balls', small robots that looked like balls but if you threw them they would reveal their real shape and begin to fight the enemy....

No, Simon had to concede, it was really his fault that he hadn't thought that Eggy was the egg shaped robot, who else would it have been if not him?

“When you finished contemplating, we can begin the experiment.”

“Sure.”

Simon was slightly startled, he hadn't thought that Ty would wait for him before he began.

“Professor X, you will oversee the experiment, Simon you are on stand by for any kind of emergency.”

They both nodded.

“What about me?”

Ash had a feeling that he was useless.

“Of course, you have to protect me. There is a high possibility, that if the experiment hurt, the subject will try to attack me. I said it from the beginning, at my place every scientist needs someone to protect him.”

Harry and Ash's grandfather understood what he implied and stood beside Simon and professor X.

Seeing that the preparations were finally completed, Ty injected the silent soldier, who had come with Ash, with a substance.

As Ty aspected, the soldier began to shudder in pain. It didn't take long for the soldier to pull a knife out of the secret compartment in his shoes and attack Ty, as if his pain would disappear with him.

Ash, whose reflexes were a lot faster that the pain inducted soldier, caught his arm and hit his wrist. The soldier had to let go of the knife, he could only sink helplessly onto the floor and endure the pain.

Ty took the knife from the floor and inspected it, he had originally had his robots check if this guy still had weapons, but it seems like that was a failure. The weapon was made out of a special material, his robots wouldn't be able to find it. Besides, the knife was coated in poison, he would be dead by the tiniest wound.

After a few more minutes, the soldier finally succumbed to the pain and died.

“Failure. Let's go to the next.”

It was only Harry, a person from the federation, who glanced back at the soldier, seemingly mumbling a prayer for him, as they walked to the next prisoner.

After a few more dead like this, even Harry felt like he was kind of numb to this. In the federation, even if you were a criminal, the only thing that couldn't be taken from you was your life. If you committed murder it was the worst crime you could do, you would be branded and thrown onto a mining star, but you would be able to save your life there. To see how the people of the empire were able to kill a few people for an uncertain experiment, Harry noticed for the first time the difference between their lifestyles. A life wasn't worth much in the empire, except for the nobility and the royal family. If you killed someone, you would be fined, if you killed more, the family of the victims had the right to take your life in revenge. Seeing someone getting killed in the street a person of the empire would just shrug and say that he most likely deserved it. It was unimaginable for something like this to happened in the federation.

“Why isn't it working?”

“Do we need to reduce the amount?”

“No, I believe it is better if we increase it.”

The three scientists studied the data they obtained from the bodies.

“Not only is the increase of the mental power painful, if the zerg noticed something he would squeeze the brain of his victim to dead, and even if he didn't notice, if the mental power increases too fast, he will panic and kill his host. Don't know what we should do about this.”

Ty summarized their problem.

“We have to either increase it so fast that the zerg is thrown out of the brain before he can react or we could increase the mental power so slowly that he doesn't notice anything.”

The professor stroked his beard(A/N: did he have a beard?)

“If it is the latter, we can't catch them all and hold them here for a long period of time. The former can be hide as a vaccine.”

“A mandatory vaccine for every citizen of the empire, as long as the emperor is not a zerg that is possible. But there are different methods besides the serum we could use, even if the emperor turned it wouldn't be a problem. We simply have to find out which method to use before we decide how we administer it to the whole empire.”

The three scratched their heads, it wasn't easy, if they didn't find a way soon they wouldn't have any experimental subjects left.

Ty made a decision, just as he stood up to instruct the others, a alarm blared through the base.

“Fuck, who touched Apollo?!”

A/N: Rule number one, on Ty's planet: don't touch Apollo. Rule Number two: Don't touch Apollo. Rule number three: Whatever you do, don't freaking touch Apollo!

That aside, this author is low-key shipping the soldier with eggy, too bad.

3