Chapter 6:- l’hiver est sans espoir
37 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ARIEL’S POV 

When I was in grade 3, a girl from another class gifted me a bouquet of flowers from the garden beside the playground. Her fingers were scratched and dirtied by the soil and pebbles. I still remember she had that sparkly eyes and tinted cheeks which smiled for everyone. It was innocent. The way she wore a yellow frock with polka dots on them and how soft yet loud her voice was. Her hair was brunette with dark honey eyes. Of course, I never met her after that day. She gave me white tulips.  

I still try to remember whether I accepted those flowers or not and if I said something wrong for which she never came to me again. But one thing I know was that she was strange.   

A bright flower-like her which looked like were watered and nurtured with care was tilted towards someone like me. Maybe it was simple curiosity.  

But she was someone who looked like religion didn’t matter to her.  

And if this was what's similar to the time with her then something in me wants to go further than before.  

A knock from my door broke me out of thoughts to meet the very person who had a frown on her freckled face and her cheeks complimenting the color of her hair.  

I waited for her to say something but she didn’t instead she kept standing at the same position and maintained angry eye contact with mine.  

A laugh escaped my mouth, “hello to you too, bestie”. I broke the silence first while she scoffed at me.  

I saw the way she shrugged her shoulders as if she was warming up for something, and an utterly familiar stance.  

My body already started to move backward at the bed and saw her running forward towards it.  

“noN no no no, Defne no”, I shouted at the top of my lungs but it was too late now. She had already pounced on me. A fudge sticks prey was I.  

I flinched when her body made contact with mine and a scream escaped from both of our throats.  

Her hands wrapped around me like a blanket and almost choked me.  

“Get off, canceled!”, I shouted at her as she started tickling me and laughed.  

“Canceled what?”, her laughter vibrated throughout the room making me confirm that my dad was ready to send us to a broke down asylum at this point.  

“Our friendship, it’s canceled”, she laughed more at that and tickled harder. Her fiery hair tussling in all the places.  

I fell down from the bed with a ‘dump’ and she was still laughing while holding her stomach. Tears forming at the corner of her eyes from laughing.  

“Yeah, yeah, C A N CE L L E D”, she spelled out the word while cackling in between. She was mocking me.  

A pout formed on my mouth at that, she was a meanie sometimes. Every time. I don’t even know how we put up with each other, every day.  

She finally noticed my expression and quieted down a little making me think it came to an end until I saw her taking out her phone from her pocket and clicking a picture of me with a flash blinding my eyes.  

“You look like medusa” and her laughter ringed throughout the house now, again.  

“What are you girls doing? You better not break any of my stuff”, dad’s voice came from downstairs and Defne busted off laughing. It was becoming annoying to hear it now.  

Sometimes, I really didn’t understand her but that’s how she was, always.  

“Delete that photo.”, I pointed my finger towards her silver phone and she giddily put her hands behind her back.  

“Nuh-uh.” she shook her head in disagreement. Meanwhile sat on the bed like she didn’t karate chopped my whole body from the bed.  

A sigh escaped my mouth and I got back up and dusted off the unnoticeable dust from me.  

“Why did you leave first?”, a question that should have come from my mouth instead came from hers making anger boil in my head. I looked up at her angrily but saw a serious face tracing her whole feature.   

She knew something was going on with me, she always does. As if I was an open book in front of her. A nursery story which she revised again and again, without missing any letter.   

“I- I had to buy something from the grocery shop”, her eyes cast down at my fingers in front in front of me, I looked at it too and saw I was playing with them.   

She caught me lying, but I was not lying entirely.  

Her green eyes looked at me in worry this time, I saw her hands held mine and the way she rests them on her neck. She comforted me like this.  

A warmth bubbled in me, I needed this. Maybe I wanted someone to hear me out even if nothing happened. Tears blurred the sight in front of my eyes, her form became hazy too.  

Defne got up and hugged me, a sigh left from her mouth. Her hands which were still entwined with mine played with my fingers.  

I didn’t even know why I was crying, maybe because of schoolwork that it unknowingly made me cry or the way dad is worried for my health making me avoid his eyes all the time, or maybe because a new disturbance came into my plate.  

I didn’t know but all of the emotions jumbled into one and made me feel as emotional as ever. I silently cried in her arms and sniffed her scent in between which always calms me in all situations.  

A few moments later, she broke the hug making me feel empty. I was a skinship type of person, I never liked to break hugs.  

A pout formed on my lips as she wiped off the remaining teras on my cheeks. Defne held my shoulders with her hands and looked dead into my eyes.  

“You have a lot of tea to spill, young lady.”, her eyes twinkled with mischief this time making me regret all the good things I thought about her.  

“You left me first in the morning with Ms. Caroline, so no”, I changed the whole topic and sat on my study desk with crossed legs.  

My confidence stammered in pieces when she had the look of knowing eyes on her face.  

She was a smart person, she caught me lying. I thought that she would probably talk it out of me but she took out her phone again as if she was not interested anymore.  

She was not like this before, is she really not interested?  

I walked close to her to check what she was doing on her to see her posting a picture on social media, a picture of mine?  

I gasped out loudly, making her aware of my presence. I saw an evil smirk on her face when she whipped her face in front of me.  

I tried to snatch the phone from her but she was quicker, she stood up straight with the phone in her hands in the air. Defne was tall, definitely taller than everyone in the class, and I was the exact opposite. Barely reaching 5 feet 2 inches.  

“Now, where were we? Miss. Medusa?”, she asked as she stood straight showing off her tall frame.  

I struggled to stand on my toes to grab the phone from her but it was all in vain. I sigh escaped my mouth as I gave in to her request or maybe I really wanted to tell her what happened.  

“You’re really mean”, I threw the last glare towards her and I knew it didn’t work on her with that big smile of victory on her lips.  

I cleared my throat even though I knew I had all of her attention, nervousness itched my throat and rubbed the back of my neck.  

She wrapped me in a blanket and sat just a few inches from me, I knew she was trying to make me comfortable. I looked at my chipped nails and her determined eyes and prepared myself.  

Here goes nothing.  

l'hiver est sans espoir 

---------------*---------------------- 

AUTHOUR’S CORNER:- 

HELLOES, AND HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER OF NOTHINGNESS. 

AND THERE IS SOMETHING I SHOULD CONFRONT TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN AM*RIC@ AND THE PEOPLE WHO HATE ONE ‘ASIAN’ PEOPLE. 

IT IS DEVASTATING TO KNOW THE THINGS GOING ON IN AMERICA, THE MURDERS, THE ACUSSUSATIONS, THE SEXUAL AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL HARRASMENT AND THE UNEMPLOYMENT. HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO CRUEL EVEN EXIST, LIKE SERIOUSLY? 

YOU DO REALISE THAT THE ASIAN PEOPLE ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AS YOU, RIGHT? IT’S NOT LIKE WE CONSPIRED AGAINST THE WHOLE NON-ASIAN COUNTRIES.  

AREN’T YOU LIKE MESSED UP IN THE HEAD? EW. 

WHO HITS ELDERLY PEOPLE?! WHO THE F*CK DRIVE OVER TWO ASIAN GRADUATES JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE ASIANS?! YOU STOLE THEIR FUTURE, GODDAMNIT! ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE RESPOSIBILITY OF THEIR PARENTS OR THE FUTURE THEY COULD HAVE BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO RUN THEM OVER? WOW-. WHAT ABOUT THAT CHILD WHO MASSECRED THE WHOLE ASIAN SALON WHO WAS JUST HAVING A ‘BAD DAY’. MY GAWD- 

THE AUDACITY-  

And this is a personal opinion but Am*ric@ is messed up now, how about the government develops the people’s mind instead of the already developed country. 

No hate to the people who don’t do these things but to the people who have this kind of mentality, Satan is waiting for you personally- 

 

2