Chapter 1: The lost Girl and the dead Rabbit
84 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

The weather that day is good to start with. The scorching Sun sending a halo in the wide lawn of

Beneath a slaggish canopy was a girl and a small dagger in her hands carving the rabbit she caught earlier.

The young man can't help but to scrutinize the young girl in front of his eyes, wild assumptions keep running through his head 'Is she a witch or a hunter?' The girl seems so skilled in butchering the poor animal she's holding. Confusion is written all over his face.

" Kellan, I'm telling you to give up now. That Dead rabbit is way more appealing to her eyes than a well defined soldier like you" A woman in her sixty laugh while holding a basket full of asparagus.

"She doesn't even know how to speak, more or less look at her eyes " Kellan replied with confusion 

" And what's wrong with her eyes? She has a beautiful eyes. A red beautiful eyes" Teresa replied she even wiggled her brows before going back to the barn. 

Kellan didn't pay attention to the tease of an old woman and return his attention to the girl, a week has passed since he got her from the ruckus and today is the same as her hands was soaked up of blood of a dead animal. Surprisingly, for a girl to do these kind of work she's good. The girl started to pull out the organ gently. 

He slowly walk toward the girl he then stop in front of her before pulling out another dagger striking it straight to the animals heart as black ashes started to come out.

"This rabbit has Mia- a black magic if you don't pull the heart out first it may cause an energy deficiency to those people who try to eat it" He exactly knows that this girl can't hear though he did mind to explain. 

She raised her gaze and her red eyes met his blue ones, she suddenly move her hand causing it to graze from a blade nearby, her finger bleed. What a clumsy woman. 

Her blood drips from her hands to the dead body of an animal and slowly like a miracle from a fairytale, the heart which Kellan stab starting to beat again. Instead of being fascinated by a miracle he saw for the first time in his life. In a blink of an eye, Kellan's dagger was drawn to the woman's neck. A special dagger design to constrain any magical power. 

She was pushed to the wall, It's completely helpless for a small woman to fight back over a well tone body of a soldier. 

" Who are you? No. what are you?" The young man's eyes is oozing with hostility. The girl stare didn't even falter, she didn't show any emotion nor frighten. His dagger scratches her skin causing her to bleed a little. This girl might be a black witch so suppressing her is the best thing he can do for now. Out of all the people you'll encounter they're probably one of the most annoying to deal with. 

Instead of making a way to escape, the girl with her bleeding hand touches his. Now that she did it he realize that his hand is also bleeding because he's griping too hard on the dagger. Not like it really matter. He was about to speak again when an adrenaline rush run through his veins a hot sensation spread throughout his body The young guy place his hands on his chest from the sudden sensation he felt. 

It takes a while before he recover his senses and when he's about to go after her, the girl fall from her knees. She stare at him with surprised eyes.

Now what.... 

His eyes immediately divert to his hand and like a miracle the same thing from the rabbit, his hand that were bleeding is no longer to be found. 

Dumbfounded by the circumstances, his hostility toward the witch immediately replaced by confusion. What the hell is happening? I do know that black witch can heal the wound of an animal but a mundane? I never heard such thing. The animal a while ago is dead she didn't heal the wound. She bring it back to life. Wha is she? a God? Does she control the life and the death? Just what did I took for charity and brought just home? The girl is still in shock, seems like she's also as clueless as he is of what happened. 

Contrary to his intuitions, her lifeless eyes starting to fire a little hope of life. 

'People will come after you Camese, People who greed for power, People who love to suppress others, People who seek revenge and if ever one of them caught you, your light will bring darkness to this world you'll be the cause of human sufferings the catastrophe you'll bring will drown people into despair I don't want you to burden that responsibility so please be free' An old man said everything was blurry. A memories that was locked up till now slowly coming back. 

And how did this guy unlock those memories? when was it? Is it the time when blood drips to the rabbit? No that's not it. Then is it when she tries to loose his hand from the dagger? that's the time a hot sensation spread through out her body.

Her blazing red eyes went straight to the deep blue ones in front of her. Exactly an opposite. 

I'm not a black witch nor the good one. But I am Camese the last descendant of the Witch. The witch utter to herself. And while thinking of a way out she was immediately seized down with a strong force. Both of her wrist were pinned on the wall. What?

"Just what are you? Talking dramatically not a black witch nor the good one but the last descendant of the witch?" now isn't it hard to deal with a dignified soldier instincts? For a moment she froze. he did say it exactly as she! 

Once again she was dumbfounded,  she didn't speak out loud but how did he know?

Did she mistakingly entrust the fate of humanity to this guy with deep blue eyes.

'Oh father please forgive me I was caught immediately before I can run' 

0