Milk
60 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yo Lassie clean up on aisle 10 better hurry it’s a big one!” 

My manager had a smirk on his face, yep already knew how this shift was gonna play out. For whatever reason this power tripping douche canoe had a thing against me. 

The world had been rocked when supers started popping out of the woodwork. Right when I was born meteors crashed into earth holding immense power. Anyone to fall into contact with those funky rocks got an assortment of powers. Well of course, unless you were an “Ordinary” like me. There’s no reason but I could lick those hunks of space trash and nothing would happen. 

Dragging myself to the warzone of spilled milked containers some guy with wings stood there. Pretty cocky at that considering his shirt was off seeming to be bathing in a puddle of milk. 

Grocery stores are a pretty mundane thing but even supers need milk so here I am. Trying stop one from bathing in it? 

“Hey there.. Not sure what you’re doing but you’re going to have to pay for that. Um also, please leave this store.” 

“Mmmmm so much calcium.” 

“Great, hard way it is then.” 

Jogging back to the storehouse in the back I grabbed a big cart. When I came back to the dairy crime scene held the perpetrator who goofily stood there. 

God minimum wage is not worth this. 

Shoving milk dude with wings on the cart I pushed them out of them store. The sliding doors opened and then closed rolling him slowly to the front. Eh, that’s somebody else’s problem. 

“So got our little issue sorted?” 

Jumping and turning around showed my manager who just decided to appear out of nowhere. He could teleport but honestly supers weren’t supposed to use powers like this. 

“Uh yeah Frank, they weren’t exactly a paying customer so, I had to remove them from the store.” 

“Tsk tsk, you had one job Lace.” 

“My job is stocking shelves not security, you could’ve had someone else do it. 

“I think a cashier position would suit you a lot better.” 

“I have anxiety about that type of thing, I wrote that on my resume.” 

“Well either learn to be flexible or leave you’ll run cash tomorrow.” 

Before having a chance to respond he zipped away leaving me more frustrated than before. I would’ve quit this job months ago if not for my money problems. 

“Sigh... This is so unfair” 

Discrimination against ordinaries was outlawed but it happened regardless. This was the only job I could find, Frank knew it and hung it over my head. 

~~~~~~

With no other big fiascos my day led on normally until my shift ended. The impeding cashier situation though was a whole other issue.

It was late afternoon but the city was always hustling. New forms of transportation had been adapted for supers recently which was noticeable. Flying supers were able to float around about 10m above regular traffic. It’s almost like the government forgot to accommodate people without abilities. Getting to my dingy apartment around six in the evening due to construction I flopped into bed. Well, time to set an alarm before I forget, maybe tomorrow will be better? 

2