Chapter 1 – How it began
34 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

08.07.2030 - Earth Present

 

Byron Voltaire is an german student in 12 grade which would be his last year in the german school system. Today would be the first day after summer break. He usually wakes up at 7 am, his classes begin at 8 am.

Strangely enough, no alarm clock is set.

At 12am Byron suddenly wakes up. 

*BOoom~~~~*

"Ahhh, not again. Another attack?"

Bombs, shootings and robberies. A daily occurrence since last weeks news.

Byron stands up and finds his way to the bathroom. While showering he thinks about last weeks news.

BREAKING NEWS

 NASA, SpaceX and Blue Origin announced an asteroid roughly 50 km wide coming straight to earth. The impact is guaranteed. The calculated date of impact is 30.12.2030. It should be between 8 to 12 pm. All space agencies capable of transporting people to mars will hold lotteries for seats...

Nobody knows how many seats will be given away. Byron is one of the lucky ones, he got a seat.  

The exact requirements are unknown but till now nobody of the general puplic over the age of 30 got a seat. Smart people/people with a lot of achievements/people working at the space agencies are exceptions.

Byron finished and dressed up. He wanted to eat something but the fride was empty. Byron lives alone, his parents died really young. Even though this sounds tough, he lives a better life than his peers. Byron doesn't remember his parents, he was way too young. They passed him a huge house and a lot of money. Till Byron was old enough a maid was caring for him.

The maid was loving and caring like an angel. This changed after the announcement of the asteroid was made. The maid hung herself in Byrons kitchen.

Although he was sad, he surprisingly didn't feel that depressed. He never felt that strong emotions, always only the edge of it.

Byron never understood this mentality.

"Being alive is better than being dead right? So why not live a little longer and wait till you die through the asteroid?" He thinks.

Byron stops thinking about this and goes to the next supermarket to fill his fridge. 

Society still functions even with bombings, shootings and robberies and people still go to work. School isn't canceled either. They need a little bit of time too reorganize their lessons that's why they made the summer break longer. They want to teach people about the new life on mars and a lot of knowledge about space and stuff in general.

Byron arrived at his local supermarket. He takes what he needs and leaves. It's a smart supermarket, he doesn't need to scan what he buys or pay manually. Everything is done automatically.

After filling his fridge again and breakfast, his best friend Lukas called. Lukas was rather poor but he never asked Byron for anything. He often buys rather expensive presents for Byron even though he never buys something for himself.

"Yo Byron. Do you have time today?"

"Hi Lukas. Yeah, I have nothing to do. Why?"

"I would like to go hiking. Are you coming with me?"

"Yeah, why not. My legs started to feel like jelly from staying home all day"

"Haha nice, let's meet at the store next to our school in 20 min"

"Alright"

"Okay, bye. See you soon"

"Bye"

click

After Byron dressed up he goes to the next bus station. His bus to his school comes pretty often and the route is straight to his destination.

At the next bus station a black dressed man with a thick coat steps in. He looks really sad and somehow stressed out. 

"It's summer, why does he has such a thick coat?" Byron thought.

Byron gets nervous. The man looks like he hides something under his coat. Byron suspects a suicid bomber.

Byron decides to leave the bus and to travel the route on foot. It wasn't far away in the first place.

Right when Byron stands up to leave the bus. The man in the coat suddenly begins to pray.

"Oh SHIT. I need to get out of here!"

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Debris, fire and smoke. Byron lies on the ground. His head is brummig

*brrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Although still conscious, he can't see anything, he feels the cold and wet ground. "Why is the ground so wet?" he thinks.

He faintly hears screams. He smells burned meat. He tastes metal

His consciousness growing smaller... 

And then black...

 

XX.XX.XX Heaven/Paradise

 

[Inhabited Planet 1337 - Critical condition]

[Properties]

[Main Species]: Humans (Self-aware)

[...]

[...]

[Danger]: Incoming asteroid

"Hmmm, what should we do with Planet 1337? We shouldn't let them go extinct. Oh, they know how to inhabit other planets" something hidden in a white cloud says.

"I don't think we should do anything" something hidden in a dark cloud says.

"We should reduce the size of the Asteroid!" something hidden in a colorful cloud says.

A lot of different opinions from different things hidden in how it looks like "random" colored clouds are being thrown in the discussion.

"Silence! Considering all of those opinions, we will do it like this: [...]" The white cloud says.

 

01.01.6900 - Somnium Present

 

Byron wakes up.

"Where am I?" He thinks.

Byron looks around. He sees a fancy looking room, everything in there looks really big. The walls are made of white stone, the ground is out of wood. The furniture it out of nice looking wood. Everything is engraved with some kind of emblem with a lot of golden lines. 

Next to him he sees a woman looking like an elv. Beautiful long blonde hair, pointy ears, long eyelashes and a really nice figure.

"Byron is just so cute! The way he looks around the room!" (* ̄3 ̄)

Byron realized he is a baby again. "Am I reincarnated? I have the same name" He thinks

3