Enraptured (NSFW)
261 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spoiler: Chapter features Wonder Woman

Chapter 2: Enraptured (5691 words; NSFW)

Day 0: Invisible Jet

 

Wonder Woman sees his large, bare chest, and immediately realizes the shirt she gave him must be too small. She’d overcompensated for the layer of body armor. She realizes he hasn’t noticed that she’s back yet, and walks a little slower and more silent than she has need for, over to the compartment to get a bigger shirt, looking at him in the meantime. He stands facing slightly towards her, his focus completely on a mirror in one hand while the other diligently works with tweezers, removing small pieces of glass from cuts around his eyes. 

 

She looks away from him before audibly opening the compartment, and bringing him another shirt, and the water, setting them down within reach and taking the seat next to him, “Do you want me to help you clean your face?” 

 

He jumps as he hears the compartment opening, already pulling the last shard of glass from my brow. He shifts as she sits down next to him so that he is facing more towards her. 

 

“Yes” he answers compulsively, the word coming out in one short sound. “Uh, please. And, um, thank you for the shirt.” he adds to the end apologetically.

 

Years of training and time spent in high stress conditions is the only reason he was able to keep his voice steady. Being so near to her was almost overwhelming; she was absolutely stunning. He finds his focus drifting down. He stops himself at her delicate jawline realizing what he is doing and forces his eyes back up to hers. She notices how, even this close, he still shows consideration in his gaze, and self-control. At the same time, he feels like the Joker had finally done something for him; the face paint kept his blush hidden. 

 

Wonder Woman smiles, and takes the too-small shirt to pour water over, like a rag. When she sets it down the glass refills itself again, and she balls up the damp shirt to begin scrubbing firmly at his beard and hairline. Most of the face paint peels off with only a few strokes. She’s a little more gentle around the couple of small cuts that scatter his face from the broken glass. After a while his face is red from scrubbing and there are still little flecks remaining on his chin, under his beard.

 

“To get all of this out you’re going to have to shave. Shame... “

 

She takes off her tiara, letting her hair fall loose around her shoulders, and turns it in her hand to hold the sharp edge forward. Rydan can’t help but stare at her. The light gently passes through the edges of her hair, giving her an otherworldly glow. His eyes follow the flow of it down as if by compulsion. Soon he finds himself very distracted by the crook of her neck and collar bones. For a moment he can almost picture his lips on her soft skin. 

 

“If you hold still, I can do it now. Would you like that?”

 

Her voice snaps him back to reality, and he forces his eyes back to hers. He feels his cheeks warm again, and hopes it blends in to the spots where she had been scrubbing the paint off.

 

“Yeah I would.” he says, trying to fight the compulsion enough to control how fast he speaks. 

 

He moves a bit closer to her, so she doesn’t have to reach as far. His leg barely touches hers, but it sends shivers through him. One touch is enough for him to know he wants more, but without knowing how she felt there is no way he can pursue it. So instead, he forces himself still, and keeps his gaze level with hers. 

 

“Is there a reason you don’t want to see it go?” he asks, hoping that conversation will help distract from the enchantress before him. 

 

The plane starts to take off, and even though she has no need for balance, knowing the effect it will have on her, Wonder Woman reaches up and grabs the Lasso with the slight jolt, just below where it’s tied off.

 

“Your beard is very attractive. And well-groomed, it looks like you take attention to keep it the way you like it.”

 

That should go some way toward making up for embarrassing him with that careless question earlier. He stifles a smile as the compliment is compelled from her, it was good to see that she also couldn’t control the power.

 

“Thank you, I do pride myself on being a well-groomed man in general.” 

 

The plane smooths out in the air, and she lets go of the Lasso. As she hunches a little to get closer to his chin, a gap opens that, if his eyes happened to fall there, would let him see slightly further below the top edge of her breastplate. She becomes aware of this, but doesn't adjust her stance at all and it takes all of his strength to keep from staring. 

 

She gently lifts his chin higher, not quite holding his head in place, but offering her hand as a guide. He easily lifts his head up with her touch and goose bumps quickly cover his bare torso. His follicles are already damp from the scrubbing cloth, so with no further waiting, She carefully, slowly scrapes the tiara up the contours of his neck.

 

A shiver shoots down his spine as he feels the sharp metal against his throat and he leans his head back a little more, giving her extra room to work. He becomes aware of the power she has over him and the vulnerable position he is now in. He bites the inside of his lip a bit, trying to keep his heart rate low, very aware of where it all wants to rush to. 

 

“I know, sounds crazy considering my previous employers. They don’t tend to hire men who see physical appearance as important,” he says a bit light heartedly, trying to ease more than one tension in the room. 

 

“There aren’t many reputable employers to be found in Gotham. You took what you had to. You’ll get no judgement on that from me.”

 

She slides it over the other side of his neck, and then very gently up the strip in the middle, rounding over his Adam's apple, and then pauses to wipe the stray hairs off the tiara, before bringing it back up to glide along the length of his jawline.

 

“In Gotham, you work for the Joker. No matter the position, no matter the pay, he owns it. Maybe not directly, but he does own this city. B-but,” His voice catches as the cool metal moves over the sensitive spot where his jaw meets his throat, “somehow, out of all the positions he had available, I got the one requiring face paint. “

 

His skin flushes slightly, but he tries to talk through it adjusting his legs a bit to try to disguise the physical signs of his desire. He closes one of his hands, digging his thumb into his palm as he desperately hopes he doesn’t harden further.

 

Wonder Woman’s eyes are fully occupied on following and protecting the shapes of his face, but she hears his legs shift, and knows what it likely means is happening between them. She clears the other side of his jaw, and covers the front of his chin with a series of small, quick strokes.

 

As she wipes the hairs off the tiara again, she glances over her shoulder out one of the windows. She sees the positions of the clouds, and the sun, and the stars behind them, “You’re not in Gotham anymore. I think we’re above Lemuria.”

 

She turns back to his face, and starts carefully sliding down his cheeks.

 

“The world always feels brighter once you leave Gotham.” He just stares at her, deciding what battles needed to be chosen and giving himself the simple pleasure of observing such an elegant woman at work.

 

She was so beautiful and he had nowhere to look other than her strong, feminine face. He shifts again, grabbing onto the bench with his unclosed hand, and fighting off his urges to pull her against him. His eyes rest on her full, soft lips. He watches the slight changes of her expression as she expertly navigates the tiara across his face.

 

When she finishes his cheeks, she moves to his lips. She realizes there isn’t really enough stubble here to justify this, but she continues, doing a slow, deliberate once-over anyway. And his bottom lip too. She runs her fingers over his jaw gently, feeling for leftover patches she knows aren’t there, and then up, slowly over his lips, lingering. 

 

He stifles a soft sigh as he feels her lingering touch on his lips. He so badly wants her lips to be pressed to his. The thought is all consuming as her hand comes to rest on his leg. He looks into her eyes, knowing the hunger in his is clear to see. She turns away to wipe off the tiara again on the discarded shirt and sets it behind herself, and looks back to him with a soft smile.

 

“It’ll be okay. You look good clean-shaven too.”

 

She turns the shirt to the other side that doesn’t have hairs on it already, and freshly dampens that. She pats down his face, wiping off stray hairs, giving close attention to where he’d removed glass shards, and then wipes off her hands, and tosses the rag down out of the way. She doesn't bring more distance between them, even with her work done. She lets one of her hands settle on his leg.

 

He puts his hand on top of hers and gently runs his thumb along her’s. Sitting so close together sends his heart pounding. With each beat more blood is redirected from his head to the growing problem in his pants. 

 

“I so badly want to kiss you,” he finally whispers, the lust in his voice clear. 

 

He leans slowly towards her,  closing the gap between their lips and wondering if hers are as soft as they look. 

 

She wants the same, and follows her desire with moderation. She leans into the kiss, feeling his lips and tenderly pressing back against them, but keeps her own lips carefully closed, for now. After a few wonderful moments, she leans back away, looking in his eyes, “I need to ask, before I let you do that again. Are you frightened of me?”

 

“No I am not, should I be?” 

 

One kiss was all it took for a light pulsation to start in his groin. His hand returns to the bench, and he grabs onto it tightly. His mind is racing and focusing on her next words nearly takes more self control than he has. She reaches for the lasso, and pointedly wraps her fingers in it.

 

“You have nothing to fear from me.”

 

She leans back in, barely short of making contact again. She stays there, her body and lips close to his, but held just shy of touching, and she speaks softly.

 

“Once more, because I need to know, for my protection and yours. Why do you want to kiss me? Every reason, leave none unsaid.”

 

“I… I don’t know.” He says honestly, “there is just something about you. Don’t get me wrong, you are fucking goregous. But there is something more.”

 

He finally takes his chance to look her over, for the first time letting my eyes slowly travel up and down her body. 

 

“You have the most intense eyes I have ever seen. Not only can I not bring myself to look away, I don’t want to. And your lips…” he stops for a second trying to think of the correct words, “they are mesmerising. Your voice manages to be soft and feminine yet you have the power to make the world stop and listen to you, and then there is the rest of you…” 

 

His voice fades with embarrassment, before he continues softly,

 

“But there is something else, an energy I can sense right below the surface. You change the world around you. You change the people around you, and you make it all better.”

 

She waits to make sure he’s finished. She waits a few more seconds, looking into his eyes, and thinking about his words. She kisses him again, giving in to her impulses and leaning in fully, letting her lips part. Her hand presses into his bare chest, feeling his skin and muscles. One of his arms goes around her waist as he kisses back eagerly. She returns it with just as much energy, her fingers exploring his chest and stomach. His arm fits comfortably behind her, their bodies seeming to fit together as she leans in. His hand leaves hers and he gently cups her cheek before slipping his fingers into her hair. After a moment he teasingly slips his tongue into her mouth before pulling it back and giving her bottom lip a light nip.

 

When he tries biting she pulls away for a moment to warn him, “I’m fine with biting, but you’ll break your teeth before you cause me pain.”

 

He freezes as she pulls back, worried that he did something wrong, but relaxes as she speaks, “Okay, I’ll be careful. Thank you for the warning.” 

 

His lips return to hers and he kisses her deeply.  “I will say, I enjoy a bit of pain,” He murmurs against her.

 

“Pain is one thing.” She leans into his ear, and nips the lobe slightly, whispering, “But a body like yours is worth protecting.”

 

She returns to kissing him, pushing their bodies close together. Her passion grows, both in the kiss and in other places. His lips lustfully move with hers, his hand running through her hair and resting on the back of her neck. 

 

She glances down, and asks, “Do the pants I brought you feel tight too?” The next words come out unintended, “Because I want you to take them off.”

 

Right after the words come out, she realizes they audibly did, and pulls her hand away from the Lasso with a frustrated sigh.

 

“I mean, they definitely have become tighter.” the words hardly need to be compelled out of him. 

 

He grabs a portion of lasso and offers it to her, “I enjoy your honesty, may I ask why you want to remove my pants?” 

 

A smile plays at his lips, as the lasso hangs from his hand a few inches from her.

 

She smiles back wryly, never breaking his gaze, “You can’t compel me to answer. I’m only compelled that if I choose to speak, it has to be the truth.”

 

She stands up, and unties the lasso, still holding his eyes in her’s.

 

“Follow me. And bring that water. You’ll need it.”

 

“Yes Ma’am.” more excitement shows in his voice than intended.

 

He gets up, eager to follow her command. He grabs the cup and follows behind her. No longer keeping his gaze under control, his eyes openly travel over her form, lingering on every curve and area of exposed skin.  

 

She leads him, tugging the Lasso a little more taut than she needs to, into a narrow hall in the back of the jet with sliding doors on either side. His step stutters as she pulls him, his focus more on her sexy body than his feet moving forward. She opens one of them into a small bedchamber and pulls him inside, closing the door behind them.

 

He turns towards her and gets shoved back onto the bed. She immediately straddles him, pushing him down with a hard kiss, and holding him up with the Lasso. He lets out a surprised noise that turns to a pleasureful sigh as their lips move together. He kisses her back deeply, his tongue teasing at the edge of her lips. His hands rest on her inner thighs and his fingertips eagerly explore to just above the hem of her skirt. He throbs needingly beneath her. 

She feels up his chest, pushing against his body on the bed, kissing him hard with her lips open and accepting. When she feels his hands going higher, she pulls away just enough to speak, rubbing some of his shoulder muscles under her fingertips.

 

“Do you want me to take your pants off?”

 

He lets out another content sigh, kissing her deeply as she rubs his shoulders. 

 

 “Y-yes, please. I want you to do whatever you want with me.” He manages to get out before quickly reconnecting their lips. He kisses her lustfully as his face turns bright red when he realizes what he has said.  

 

She asks between hungry kisses, “For all… the same reasons… you want… to kiss me?... No others?”

 

“No…” He returns her kisses just as needingly, “There are others now.”  He wishes desperately he could shut up, extending each kiss a bit trying to cut himself off. “You are so sexy, and I want you as many times as you’ll have me.” he grinds up into her with desire as he throbs. 

 

“At least once, then.”

 

She leans back, and reaches down, and tears his pants in half down the middle. Sturdy fabric giving way immediately under overwhelming strength. She glances down, seeing him exposed, and knows it isn’t likely to be just once.

 

For the first time he realizes how strong she is, as his clothing rips off like paper. He lets out a surprised gasp as the cool air suddenly hits his throbbing cock. He catches her eyes going down to his exposed member, her gaze alone enough to make him begin to leak.

 

“Will I be getting a similar view of you as well?” he asks, his eyes traveling down from hers to the curve of her breast under the armour.  

 

She confidently allows the compelled answer to come forth, “Hmm…. likely. But I haven’t made up my mind yet.”

 

She shifts forward again, and lifts her skirt, straddling above his cock. She holds herself above it for a time as she reaches under her skirt and parts the enchanted fabric protecting her modesty. And then, meeting his eyes, she lowers herself onto him.

 

He reaches down to help guide himself into her, letting out a gasping moan as her wet body closes around his throbbing length. His hands go to her hips, his legs squirming under her as he tries to keep his hips from bucking up. 

 

“Oh fuck-” he leans his head back into the bed, closing his eyes as he lets the feeling of her overwhelm him, nearly blocking out all other thoughts and sensations. 

 

She suspends herself about halfway down his shaft, and holds there for a few moments, just feeling him inside her. And then she raises, and gently, slowly, starts to bounce on his tip, always stopping about halfway down.

 

Her lips slip open, and after a pause she moans wistfully. He moans as well, feeling her around him, moving his hips with hers. He trails his hands up her body from her hips and explores the curve of her side. He watches her lustfully, the sight of her beautiful body on his making his cock pulses harder.

 

“Goddess... “ she wants to stop there but the rest of the thought comes out anyway, “I think this is the best cock I’ve had in months.”

 

She looks over at her hand holding the Lasso. But she doesn’t drop it, just looking back down at him and deeply enjoying his wonderful cock inside her.

 

When he hears her voice full of pleasure it only intensifies the desire aching in his body. “Fuck, you can have it any time baby… as many times as you want.” he says through his own sounds of pleasure as she moves around him.

 

She slows her motions a little, and pushes herself deeper around his cock. He bucks his hips up into her and her wet walls flex comfortably to fit around his throbbing member. Her fingers press firmly into his skin, feeling up the muscles underneath his healthy layer of bulk.

 

He leans his head back, pausing for a moment to focus on the feeling of her body around him. His hands go back down to her hips, helping guide her farther down him. He feels around her hips, back to her butt which he grabs firmly with both hands. 

 

“Fuck, you are so sexy.”

 

The thought crosses her mind that in other circumstances she’d send someone across a room for grabbing there. But as she lowers herself, fully encompassing his dick, as she feels every part of his dick inside her, she finds it doesn’t bother her this time.

 

She starts to twirl her hips, not rising off his cock but twisting around it, feeling it from different angles against her walls, and gives a needful groan of pleasure. His breath catches and his back arches as pleasure overwhelms him. He lets out a moan and moves his hips with hers. He trembles with each movement as he tries to hold back his own euphoria. At some point he loses what little self control he has, and he finds himself reaching up to pull her against him. He tries to pull her down, like a climber trying to bring the mountain peak down to them, and she grins at him unmoved. He can think of nothing that he wants more than her.  

 

She gives a small laugh, which is interrupted by a vocal moan. He stops pulling her towards him and instead his hands grip the sheets as he starts to leak inside her. His cock throbs harder as he watches her ride him. Her mind settled by desire, she reaches back and starts to unfasten her breastplate.

 

He stares as more and more of her divine body is exposed to him. She was truly handcrafted by the gods, and no man could ever be really prepared to see her full beauty. As he gazes at her, mesmerized, he thrusts roughly and more of his hot cum gushes into her. Encouraged by his attention, she unlaces herself quickly, and with all the straps loose she pulls the breastplate down, and tugging the fabric at the bottom out of her belt, she lets it fall aside to the floor, her bracers the only thing left covering her skin from the waist up. As soon as the breast plate is gone his hands start exploring up her torso. He is in awe of her powerful beauty. He stops right below her breast. 

 

“Would you like me to continue up?” he makes no attempt to hide the hunger in his voice as he looks up into her eyes.

 

“I want you to use as much of your strength as you care to without hurting yourself.” The words come before she knows what they’re going to be. She finishes, smiling down to him, “Yes, I want you to continue.”

 

He needs no further encouragement from her and sits up, wrapping his arms around her. He kisses her eagerly, moving to her neck, sucking hungrily. She kisses him back when he rises up to her, and tilts her head aside when he moves to her neck. His hands move the rest of the way up, massaging and cupping her breast. He toys with her nipples between his thumb and index finger. Her nipples slowly stiffen at his touch. Meanwhile, he continues thrusting up into her and with his thrusting she starts to bounce on her knees over him again, faster now, covering his full length from base to bulb.

 

He eagerly kisses down further, his mouth explores along the top of her breast and his hands move around to explore her bare back. One of her hands nestles into the longer hair at the back of his head, pushing him to take more of her breast. He feels the light pressure and takes his cue, eagerly plopping one of her nipples into his mouth and sucks on it firmly. His hips move quickly with hers and small moans escape his throat. She moans loudly, the feelings of his mouth, his hands, and his wonderful dick thrusting deep inside her each time she comes down. She lets go of the Lasso and grabs his back, feeling his shoulder muscles shift as he kisses and sucks her breast.

 

His sucking gets harder as he brings more of her breast into his mouth and he uses his tongue to attend to her nipple. His hips get rougher against hers with each thrusts as his need grows. She lifts herself a little, giving him room to pull back and thrust as hard as he wills. He throbs steadily as precum gushes into her. He brings his hands to her hips, encouraging her to meet his with just as much force. Steadier and steadier moans escape his throat as he desperately rails her. Her own moans follow his, her breast rising and falling in his mouth with her breath as the feeling of him inside her overcomes her time and again.

 

With primitive need he flips them around onto the bed, thrusting harder into her. This time, when she feels him pushing against her, she decides to follow his suggestion, and let herself turn onto her back. Each thrust is long and deep, tilting slightly upward to hit her sweet spot. Her breasts settle, flattened by gravity but still moving with her hips, and when he thrusts into her the vibrations are felt everywhere. Grunts of pleasure sounding each time.

 

He uses one hand to prop himself up, and brings his other hand down to her clit, using his fingertips to toy with it.

 

She gasps, “Yes!” when he touches her clit, and her legs come up into a vice hold around his hips to hold him inside her, the metal of her boots clink against each other behind him, her skirt splayed unruly outward on the bed.

 

As she holds him inside her, he grinds and thrusts roughly against her. He lets out his own grunts of pleasure with each thrust. He waits for her to get used to the sensation before he applies more pressure, rubbing quickly in tight circles. He takes advantage of his new angle, ramming his entire length into her as quickly as he can. 

 

When his own primal need subsides, he rubs his tip against her upper wall, listening to her moans as he hones in on her g-spot. His hips move in small fast motions as he keeps himself at that depth. He matches his hand with the pace of his hips, each circle adding more pressure as he works her closer to climax. Slickness grows with every cycle. She moans again, her lips parted wide. Her hands feel his back, holding him loosely enough to let him move freely inside her.

 

She reaches one hand to a place over his, on her clit, and reminds him, “You can’t hurt me.”

 

He smirks and thrusts hard into her, holding his full length in for a second, just watching her moan and squirm under his touch. He slowly pulls his cock out, leaving just the tip inside. His hand playfully teases her clit, his fingers firm, deliberately writing out the alphabet, making each stroke painfully slow. He pushes himself into her, stopping when he feels her slightly rough bundle of nerves. He thrusts in and out at that length, using his head to sensually massage her sweet spot. 

 

“Maybe I can’t hurt you, I still can make you weak.”

 

She lets herself lie, indulging in his attention. But after his comment, the next time he tries to pull back, she grabs his hips, and pulls his cock back deep inside, overpowering his legs and arms, and grins back up at him.

 

“Weak?”

 

She holds him there with his dick full-depth inside her, refusing to let him move for a few seconds. Her eyes never leave his, but her attention can’t help but be drawn back to the feeling of him inside her. He gives his body a moment to adjust from the sudden sensation, at first he tries to fight her, but he soon realizes that it is hopeless. 

 

He leans down and kisses her playfully. “Oh is that all you got? I thought I was fucking a demigod?” his voice is dark and tempting, the challenge clear in it. 

 

She kisses him back, writhing her hips under his dick at the same time, and uses the distraction to slip the Lasso off his wrist. Before the mortal could register her hand has moved, the Lasso is already tightened around his neck. So when she releases him from the kiss, his head raises and hits the end of the leash now in her hand.

 

“I’m not a demigod. But I’ve defeated every one I’ve fought.”

 

She pulls his head back down by the Lasso to kiss her again, holding him there, and grinding eagerly into his cock from beneath. He kisses back eagerly, his tongue darting between her lips. He can’t help but move his hips with her, his need for her a primal instinct. He grips the sheets tightly, his hard cock pulsating in her, more precum leaking from him. When he has a moment of clear thought he grinds hard into her, angling his hips up so he rubs against her g-spot once more. 

 

She lifts his hips up a little, and arches her hips off the bed, thrusting up around him. She moans again, quickly escalating in pace and force, thrusting her pussy up to engulf him. As her back bends further to support her rising hips, her breasts bounce up, and when they threaten to fall up into her own face, she uses what she has and pulls his head down into her cleavage by his neck. His hands move up to cup her breast, massaging them as he kisses and nips along her bust. He moves his hips with hers, moaning loudly, not able to hold back any longer as he starts to cum into her tight pussy. He keeps moving his hips quickly as he rides out his waves of ecstasy. Even as his hips burn with pleasure, he keeps thrusting inside her.

 

With his hot cum inside her, she arches herself up, taking him in deep again. She gasps into a moan, and closes her eyes to see the starfield on her eyelids. Their combined fluids overflow from her, spilling out around the base of his dick and leaking over her legs and skirt.

 

She flips them over again, and more fluid spills over his thighs and hips from the confluence of their ecstasy. She pulls his head back up to her lips for a kiss. He kisses back and wraps his arms around her waist, keeping her pulled on him as he enjoys the sensation of their fluids dripping down his cock. He is breathing heavily, aftershocks of pleasure still hitting him. 

 

“Fuck, you better do my interrorgation like this too.” he says playfully against her lips. 

 

She laughs, and closes her eyes for a moment, biting her lip and enjoying the feeling of him still inside her, even as his refractory period kicks in. She opens them again, smirking a little.

 

“If you choose rehabilitation, I might just ask the telepath you get assigned. But questioning is recorded.”

 

“I’m not making promises either way…I need to think of my own well being first.” He gives her a sad smile before leaning up to kiss her, “but questioning being recorded does not change my request.” he adds at the end, trying to lighten the mood.

 

Her expression turns slightly sad through the glow. And she sits there, looking down at the man who chooses the doom of Gotham, if she can’t change his mind before he’s cured.

 

She hesitantly pulls herself off his dick, and sits again on the bed next to him. She looks down at his dick briefly, and the urge emerges to just get right back on, and be there again when he recovers, to feel him grow again inside her. And ride the doomed man for all he’s worth.

 

Instead she stands up, and straightens her skirt, reaching under it to re-seal the fabric below.

 

“I need to think of your wellbeing too.”

 

As she sits next to him, he just stares. He still can’t get over how gorgeous she is. He has the urge to grab her back to him, but instead he just lays and looks. At least he got to experience this before he goes to prison. When she gets up, he gingerly grabs the breastplate from the floor and follows. 

 

“Here, um I can help you get that if you need me to.” He offers in a soft voice as he holds it out looking into her eyes. 

 

He studies them as he waits for her to take it, viewing them like a piece of art. Her eyes were another thing he was glad to see before prison, and not something he wanted to forget there. 

 

She nods, not quite meeting his eyes, “I don’t need you to, but I want you to.”

 

She takes it, and turns around, covering her chest again, and wrapping the fabric tightly around her waist.

 

“The laces will tighten themselves.”

 

He gently presses the laces together and watches as they start to move on their own and fit the breastplate to her body perfectly. 

 

“You think after working for the Joker, I’d be used to seeing crazy stuff.” he says mostly to himself in awe at the laces’ intricate work. 

 

Without thinking he wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her into a hug from behind, resting his head against her shoulder. 

 

It’s unexpected, but not unwelcome. She holds his arms around her, cradling her stomach for a moment. She takes a deep breath, and sighs, holding the handle to the Lasso tightly in her hand, as if by squeezing enough she could save him from going back to that city.

5