Chapter 1-Revival And First Mission
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I really have changed, huh?" Standing in front of the bathroom mirror I look at my reflection, comparing myself to a picture of my younger self I put on the black iron counter. My bright red skin has gone dull, my bright blue eyes clouded, my great claws dulled with time. The two horns I used to have on my forehead have become just one.

I used to be such a happy, vibrant kid. Now I'm just another depressed 58 year old loser. All my dreams abondoned I settle again and again throughout my miserable life. From another common Raigon child dreaming of space to another soulless repairman.

"I might as well end it all. Nothing will change regardless of what I choose so I might as well end it." I move to the large black reinforced ceramic tub. Without taking off my clothes I go in, tapping the touchscreen menu on the walls and set the tub to full body bath mode.

As it starts filling I begin to think about my dull life. I was born just like everybody else. A healthy baby in a happy family. I went to normal schools and my family was a happy one. All was fine until aliens were announced.

Turns out interstellar travel has been possible for years. It's just that the world goverment needed approval. Well, they got it. For the last 40 years my world has changed. New technology destroyed the old job market. Of course, those aliens provided us jobs. Comparing a nurse from 40 years ago and one now most people would say the sudden collapse was worth it.

I guess it was. There was a struggle but those aliens did help us. I actually ended up working for an alien as a mechanic for a few years. He was an absolute bastard.

While I continue to think I grab the pain relief pill from my chest pocket as well as the poison I got off the black market. I swallow the pill and toss the thumb thick poison ball in the tub after a few seconds.

The clear water begins to bubble. It takes on a light blue hue. I lower my head and take massive gulps of the bathwater.

My head goes light and my vision blurs. In the cold tub of my tiny home I begin to slowly find peace. 

-Host Detected-

-Reving Host.....Done-

-Integrating System.....Done-

-Host Name[Bai Gou]-

-Experience[0%]/Lv[0]-

-Species[Raigon-Planet=F/1206.55D]-

-Proffesion[Machinary God]-

-Sub Proffesion[Apprentice Warrior]-

-Skills/[Perfect Focus].[Absolute Machinary Affinity].[Perfect Memory].[Low Level Combat Intuition].[Beginner's Mana Manipulation].[Blood Burning].[Small Enhanced Growth Rate]-

-Constition[Average]-

-Lifespan[60 Years]-

-Remaining Lifespan[1 Year, 11 Months, 28 Days]-

"The fuck?" Suddenly I'm out of the tub and in the living room, laying buck naked on the brown rug. A small screen is gently floating in front of me. I begin to poke at it while standing up.

-Mission 1[Rookie Engineer]-

-As A Newly Selected God Your Journey Has Just Begun. Take Your First Step Towards The Divine By Becoming An Engineer/Repairman.(Mercenary Groups. Goverment Exploration Groups. Machinery Research And Production Facilities.)-

-Reward[Exp 100%. Random Skill. Trainee Starter Set. Evolution 1.1. Access To System Shop. Proficiency System]-

While moving to the bathroom I check the missions list. There's only one for now. I open the bathroom door and see everything's fine. The bathtub's empty and my dead body isn't here.

"...Okay. I guess this is happening." I'm honestly a little scared right now. I died. I know I died. Even so, here I am. Alive and healthy. Whatever the hell is happening I know that I probably shouldn't piss off something that can revive the dead.

"Alright. For now I'll just follow along. It should be easy enough to find a job as a repairman." After poking around the tub for a few more minutes I give up. While moving to my room I continue to mess with the screen. 

I can make it appear and disappear at will. That's the only way I can interact with it. "Em, casual wear please." Standing in front of the wall on the left side of my bed I wait for the closet to open.

A small door appears and opens. I grab a red t-shirt and brown shorts with a pair of blue shoes completing the outfit. "Alright. Let's get this over with." Heading to the front door I smile. I wonder what will happen? Hopefully it will be exciting.

The front door opens after two taps. Instantly all I can see Is sky high black and silver rectangular building with glowing balls of blue light floating near the crystal streets near them, both on the ground and in the sky. 

Stepping on the crystal tile that makes the brige on the second floor I tap the small mechanical sphere next to the door. It beeps and changes colors for a few seconds. Suddenly a small path appears, connecting to the crystal sidewalks next to the vehicle control rails.

"I guess I'll just call for a ride." I pull out the small palm sized phone from my phone and call for a lift on the ride call app. "Five minutes. Not Bad."

While waiting I look around and remember my youth. I remember when I was 10 we only had cars that go on land. Yes travel time was longer but that just means I could spend more time with mom and dad. Now they're all flying. Following the same preset path. No riding on the grassy plains and no more off roading.

Ai has really advanced as well. From just another way to have your robot cook, to what manages the streets and walkways.

The sky has also become brighter than before. The stars clear as day in the night sky and the bright white moon shining a gentle light. Every now and then a space ship will fly into the sky, leaving a trail of light in its path.

"Sigh*, Things really have changed." The world is still pretty dull but even I have to admit that the shining lights across the city and shining stars are rather pretty.

"You're Ride Has Arrived" A small hover car suddenly parks in front of me. I go ahead and move to the back seat and set the destination to the 'Interstellar Mercenary Assosiation'. 

It only takes a little over fifteen minutes to get there. The ride wasnt that boring since I have my phone. I just wish that someone was actually driving instead of having an AI pilot.

Going up the marble stairs I look at the various aliens around me. There are quite a few Humans the 'Milky Way', some Laitions of the lupine subspecies here, as well as plenty of Arionss from the 'Azure Drop' star cluster.

I go ahead and ignore them and head to the Germanic style branch built by the human's. Nobody here is special anyways since, for the most part, every other species here is a months travel away at most.

The security checks me for weapons. After I move to the civilian entrance. Trying to travel across the thick crowd I move to the front desk. I try to get the desk lady's attention but the constant squeaking of the red floor and occasional push towards to the reinforced steel wall.

Thankfully I manage to get her attention. "Hello there sir. Are you here to make a request, apply for a mercenary position, or work for an already established mercenary group."

"Established. Preferably as a mechanic or repairman. Here's my resume." I press my phone against the counter, sending all my information to the small screen floating in front of her.

"You're name is Bai Gou, you're a local, and you are currently 58 years old. You also graduated Baltes University with a 3 year degree is machinery repair in the weapons and vehicles branch correct?"

"Yup."

"You also worked for Lastatiens Transport, correct for ten years as a lead mechanic, correct?"

"Yes."

"Alright sir, here is a list of who will hire you."

A small list appears on the glass divisor. It's mostly just small merchant companies as well as some minor mercenary groups. I go ahead and select a small merchant group called 'Rembrant's Shipping And Production'.

Mercenary groups tend to have a highly unstable pay roll. So, obvious I choose the professional business.

"Alright sir a representative will contact you by the end of the day to discuss your pay as well as schedule."

"Thankyou."

I hear a small ring the moment I'm done. I go ahead and ignore it. Home is more important than a random ring. Thankfully it doesn't take long to get back home. Just a little over half an hour since I had to deal with small crowd.

-Mission Complete-

-Rewards Can Be Accessed-

-Host Name[Bai Gou]-

-Experience[0%]/Lv[1]-

-Species[Raigon-Planet=F/1206.55D]-

-Proffesion[Machinary God]-

-Sub Proffesion[Apprentice Warrior]-

-Skills/[Perfect Focus(100%)].[Absolute Machinary Affinity(100%)].[Perfect Memory(100%)].[Low Level Combat Intuition(23%)].[Beginner's Mana Manipulation(98%)].[Low LevelBlood Burning(10%)].[Small Enhanced Growth Rate(50%)].[Low Level Mechanics Intuition(0%)]-

-Constition[Average(+10%)]-

-Lifespan[60 Years]-

-Remaining Lifespan[1 Year, 11 Months, 28 Days]-

-Do You Want To Evolve?-

-Do You Accept Trainee Pack?-

-Y/N-

"Yes"

-You Have Recieved 1,000,000C-

-You Have Recieved Starter Tool Set-

-Recieved 24 Hour Proficiency Boost-

-Begining Evolution 1.1-

Fuck that hurts! Suddenly, my body begins to burn. My skin begins to visibly tear and I can clearly feel something growing my horn used to be. The sound of bones cracking grows stronger every second. 

It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!

For what feels like days my whole body is filled with pain. Thankfully it soon comes to end. By some miracle of god I managed to maintain consciousness.

I immediately move to the mirror to see what the hell happened to me. "The fuck?" I have two horns again, my skin is visibly redder, and theres a small blue circular gem embedded in my head.

My fingers are thinner and my claws are gone. My body is also covered in well toned muscles. All in all I look like I've aged back several years. Though my horns are blacker and the gem Is new.

I immediately check the system to see if my lifespan has actually grown.

-Host Name[Bai Gou]-

-Experience[0%]/Lv[1]-

-Species[Raigon-Planet=F/1206.55D]-

-Proffesion[Machinary God]-

-Sub Proffesion[Apprentice Warrior]-

-Skills/[Perfect Focus(100%)].[Absolute Machinary Affinity(100%)].[Perfect Memory(100%)].[Low Level Combat Intuition(23%)].[Beginner's Mana Manipulation(98%)].[Low Level Blood Burning(10%)].[Small Enhanced Growth Rate(50%)].[Low Level Mechanic's Intuition(0%)]-

-Constition[Average(+10%)]-

-Lifespan[80 Years]-

-Remaining Lifespan[21 Year, 11 Months, 28 Days]-

2