Chapter 1, Part 1
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[AN: Chapter is fairly short as it's the first chapter. I didn't want to load it up with a bunch of character descriptions, especially considering we're gonna have a main cast of 12.]

There wasn't a fancy airship but I guess a fancy train counts. Several dozens of 17-year-olds were crowded on the train. However, we're only interested in a couple of these teenagers. 

 The first was a male lion Faunus, Lye Sorbus, who was arriving at Beacon simply as a spy. He was a member of the White Fang, who was on a mission to gather as much information about Haven and its weaknesses. Lye was tall, muscular for a 17-year-old, and had a lion's mane which stopped him growing any hair on top of his head since his mane counted as hair.

 His childhood friend, Harial Forrest, was a deer Faunus. His motivation to come to Haven was Lye. Throughout his life, Lye was someone he really looked up to, and someone he supported all his life. Harial loved how hard he trained, and how far he'd go to break his limits. Although, Harial didn't really like the fact that Lye was spying on the school, for a group that lost him a large chunk of his left arm, but there was nothing he could do about it and, plus, he was sworn to secrecy about it.

 About 5' 4", he was a lot shorter than Lye, who was almost 5' 11, but he was similar to Lye is some ways. Both were dark-skinned and had Faunus traits. The differences mainly stood out more: Lye had a golden mane, while Harial had messy dark brown hair; Lye had amber eyes and Harial had blue-green eyes; Lye had both arms while Harial had his left in a sling; etc.

Anyway, they were sitting next to a redhead by the name of Cherry Rhosyn. She was here today so she could forget her issues. Her brother died in a bar fight while picking on someone's girlfriend, and Cherry wanted a distraction, something to keep her occupied. She was average height, and had red hair. There was a young boy extremely captivated by her strapless red dress. It had a cherry on the back of it. 

 The final person I'll be introducing to you now is Daisy Hart. She was laying asleep on Cherry's lap, because she was simply tired. Ever since her family perished in a fire, she was constantly tired and stuck by Cherry mainly. Cherry gave Daisy a place to stay when her house burnt down and the two became almost like sisters. It was the fear of losing the little family she cared about that brought her to Haven. Losing Cherry would be so devastating for her that she'd probably just tear herself apart before she came back. Daisy was rather short and plump, with a cute yellow shirt and a skirt with a bunch of daisies on. 

 The train arrived at the station and several escorts rushed them over to Haven Academy. The four soon found themselves in a great hall. A man on the second floor shushed them. He was probably a few inches shorter than Lye, and Lye noted that he 'looked kinda like a shrimpy version of himself'. Harial sensed that this man was a lion Faunus, much like Lye.

"Excuse me," the man said. The room fell silent. "My name is Professor Leonardo Lionheart. I'll make this brief... You are here to learn. I'm looking around the room and I see many of great potential. I don't want anyone here to waste their potential. Miss Lythrum?" A taller lady took Lionheart's position. 

 "You will all be sleeping in the ballroom tonight, and tommorow you will be sorted into teams. You are all dismissed." Miss Lythrum left, Lionheart leaving shortly after.

Lye sighed. "Let's socialise, Harry. Yes, I know, your worst nightmare." Harial rolled his eyes. "Let's go socialise, you big dummy." 

 Harial and Lye walked up to a lair. There was another person they were going to talk to, a blonde monkey boy, but Harial wanted to talk to someone else. These two were Solem Sawyer and Arneis Crowley. I'll discuss the both of them in Chapter 2, don't you worry. Solem was a ginger and she had her hair tied up in a messy bun, giving her some sort of untidy look. 

 "Hi, uh," Harial introduced himself, rather excitedly. Solem was really pretty... "I'm Harial. Uh, Harial Forrest! Um... Uh, s...some people call me Harry. It's nice to meet you!..." 

"It's nice to meet you too, Harial! I'm Solem Sawyer. Most call me Sol," she replied, "How are you?" 

"Oh! Uhm... I'm... I'm fine! Y-yeah, totally fine! Y..you?" Harial said. Lye and Arneis were both internally laughing at how awkward Harial was.

"Uh, okay... I'm okay." Solem giggled. The two went on with their conversation, while Arneis and Lye talked. The two were actually pretty familiar with each other as Arneis was an old friend of Lye's, who sadly moved away. The only reason they both got along was because they were both pretty rich. 

"Arneis! Hey bud, how's it? God, I haven't seen you in forever." Lye gave Arneis a big hug, making Arneis feel a little intimidated. He did not remember Lye being a huge muscular almost-huntsman-in-training. 

"Rather decent if I do say so myself. Why is your dress shirt and your suit jacket unbuttoned?" Arneis asked. 

"My pecs need air, dude. Also because I'm way too lazy to bother dressing." Both of them laughed.

"You are the strangest being I've met that isn't a Grimm."

 (4844 characters, 874 words.)

0