Two:Dungeon Capital (2)
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's begin."

With the Duke's declaration,a servant came forward holding a large map of the continent on his hands. The map was spread over the table in front of the ducal children.

Amari stared in awe as she looked at the map,she had seen smaller versions of it recorded in history books but something as detailed as this made her amazed. Detailed versions of maps are kept and guarded tightly by high nobles as a copy of this will give an enemy or rebel an advantage thus although detailed,a few parts are erased and only the succeeding heir of the family will be informed of what is behind this place.

Seeing the sparkling eyes of his youngest,the Duke felt proud and pity. A pity he wasn't able to protect his youngest from such a minor accident,causing her to stay hidden instead of being a proud persona like her siblings. His anguish was noticed by his butler and he gave the Duke a small tap in the chair and bringing his attention to focus.

The Duke groaned and sat up straight,making his children focus on him.

"All of you make this old bag of bones proud."he started as he looked around the table,a few groans of disapproval echoing within them.

"By all means Father,old is not a word suited for a dragon like you." Rue's cold voice objected. The Duke laughed at his third child's comment and clasped his hands.

"Fine."he said dejectedly before spreading out his hands.Nine small flags appeared in his hands,each bearing his children's names."As you all are aware of our family's territory's,we are here today to talk about this."Duke Gordon's hand moved and planted a flag in a specific place surrounded with mountains in the map.

"Almira,since you are so fascinated by stones and minerals and although you showed me just small improvement in our mining business,I will be giving you the last chance of foreseeing the Luna Mountain Range. Bring me back good results."

"Yes Father.'' the first child Almira saluted respectfully and accepted the account books from the butler.

"Rustom and Ameira, I would like the both of you to take over our cloth industry,all you've done had been satisfactory but I am not content with just that,make it that Black Phoenix and White Dragon resonate in the world."two flags pinned down towards the Empire's capital. The twins saluted and respectfully received the necessary documents to command the shops.

Three flags soon got pinned near the largest dungeon of Erienth,also beside it stood a large trading city,where three large shops of the Dukedom is located,namely a Material Trade shop,Weapons shop and Medical Hall. These three shops will be given to the triplets to manage.

The lone black flag with the symbol of their family name got pinned at the Kingdom's Capital.

"Chase,I entrust you to take care of the continents underworld and make it that no one would be able to touch our family." the duke solemnly ordered and motioned for the servant to place documents before the seventh child. Chase's naturally innocent and sweet faced darkened as he solemnly accepted the duty given to him.

"Antoinette."the old man called and his eight child stood up before bowing deeply,fist over heart.The duke nodded and the servants hurried to clear the table before he placed his right hand in it. A small icy frost flashed by and the table slowly split up and revealed a box inside.The duke motioned for her to take it and Antoinette complied.

She stepped up and carefully lifted up the box from the table,her siblings following her every move.Her movement calm and graceful,she carefully lifted the icy weapon encased in a box crafted from millennia old icebergs.

"This whip followed your mother all her life as they sought to vanquish every dungeon spawning devils. She was a great warrior in her prime." the Duke reminisced with a smile. "According to her,when the weapon accepts you as it's new master,it will show you it's true form."

"You are now officially our family's Dungeon Guardian,you are to follow the will of His Majesty and vanquish the rampant demons seeking to overturn our lands." the Duke's declaration gave her a heavy sense of responsibility. Antoinette accepted her fate with a brave face,yearning for a peaceful future.

Amari looked at her family,feeling proud and happy as everyone bravely stepped forward to take on such heavy responsibilities.

"Amari."She was startled as the Duke's deep voice broke her out of her reverie as he handed  a small rectangular box to her. She happily accepted since she knew she won't be given a territory or trade to manage.  Although she really wanted to leave home and explore this foreign world. She carefully opened the box and a small key appeared in her eyes along with a small black orb. The orb is not an ordinary one found in the current market,it did not reflect light but seems to suck it in.

"That key and orbs are the key in opening our Great Ancestor's shop." small intakes of breath and gasps could be heard as the Duke introduced the items in her hand.

"Father you can not do that!"

2