Attempt (1)
227 9 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Author:COLOC-kid
Editor:High in the sky

 
"Attempt (1)"

I feel my surroundings blur. Darkness. It's the only thing I can see.

[Status]

Skills: (none)

Traits: (Twin of Isles), (Mind of Logic), (Extreme Selfishness),(Hibernate),(Instinct)

State of growth: Hatching

I instinctively stare at "Mind of Logic". 

[Mind of Logic]
[: as the twisted, half of the serpents of the isles you are calm and calculating.]

this could be the explanation of why I didn't freak out.

*crack* *crack*

I watch light enter through the other side of my egg. It appears that it is the other half of the "Twin of the Isles".

The light refracts off its silver scales making it nearly invisible, if not for its eyes and tongue.

I shove it towards the hole.

Its head is out as it escapes from our egg. Now it's my turn, as I begin to wiggle my way towards the hole and begin to attempt to push myself out.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to squeeze myself out.

Huh, i assume I am slightly fatter than my twin.

I line myself up and smash the shell

[(-5 health) (15/20 health)]

God, I feel an awful pain pulling through, I notice my side is different from my twin's. It must have something to do with our physiques not lining up, from my observation I am covered in black scales while my sibling is translucent.

I wiggle back and attempt my theory.

I use my egg tooth to break my shell. I push myself out of the shell, I find myself at the height of night the total opposite of my twin.

[ commencing inheritance ceremony ]

A floating serpent appears above me with dark scales that have a striking contrast with red scales that adorn its underside.

[(destruction theory), ( hunting theory), (death theory),(adaptation theory)]

{Kill your brother and bring his bones.} It transfers the order towards my mind.

[Main questline unlocked]

-Kill your twin and bring his bones back too this den-

Rewards:(extreme hibernation),(extremophile adaptation)

The scene fades out into a vast jungle. It all occurs so quickly. It reminds me of the time I asked my son what he was reading. It was something called isekai if I remember correctly.

sadly at the moment I need to know my surroundings and pick a place suitable for a base of operations .I compile a to-do list.

  • get food
  • make shelter
  • find water
[ side quests decided ]

-get food-

Rewards:(2 xp)

-make shelter-

Rewards:(3 xp)

-find water-

Rewards:(1 xp)

If xp is this easy to collect there must be a catch.

I decide to check my traits, understanding how to use them will be very useful to survive. To survive in a dangerous environment you must first have tools and knowledge on how to use them.

[status]

Skills: (none)

Traits: (twin of isles), (mind of logic), (Extreme selfishness),(Hibernate),(instinct)

State of growth: Hatchling

I gaze at the "twin of the isles"

[Twin of the isles: you and your brother are the last of the isles creatures]

Useless.

I choose "Extreme selfishness"

[Extreme selfishness: you prioritize your survival over everything that does not benefit it.]

Selfishness is something that occurs naturally within all animals. Of course Extreme selfishness must mean I am a backstabber. It's sad to think I am not in control of my own mind and instead it's sad to know your traits dictate your behavior.

I inspect "hibernate"

[Hibernate:uses built up fat from wet seasons to enter dormant state during dry seasons]

It would seem useless, I would have no need to use it since there would be no reason to.

I choose Instinct

[Instinct: knows general body movements since birth]

This will help flatten the learning curve for this new body.

I observe some ants walking in a line.

Building a stockpile would be a good idea. I slither towards a line of ants as I use my small body to crush them.

After, I had crushed them as I open my mouth and pick them up.

[quest -get food- completed

2 xp gained
2/100 xp]

I slither away from the line of former living ants and begin to search for a location to place my den.

I maneuver towards a line of trees and vines, careful not to disrupt any predators that might consume me.

While wandering off, I found a riverbank while great as a source of water there could be many predators that have the ability to kill me.

[quest-find water-completed

1 xp gained
3/100 xp]

 

It seems that side quests only require you to do the action. Such as find water, as long as I find it I will accomplish the quest it is not necessary to drink it or mark it on a map.

I head back and go north this time, slithering through the grass I had not seen much change until I identified a live volcano. Though fun It would be a horrible spot to place my den after all the risk of the volcano erupting is to high.

Going back I decide to go south. I go in the total opposite direction. down south there was a field of tall grass close to a canopy of trees. It seems that an animal is maintaining this spot to be free from any trees. For the moment I decide to place my burrow here, most likely the creator that made this clearing is a herbivorous animal , on earth I assume that to have such a clearing it must be a herd of large animals thus I believe the same might be true here. 

[quest-make shelter-completed

3 xp gained 6/100 xp]

Not paying attention to the generic notifications, I wiggled my head back and forth for a couple minutes, until I had a tunnel that was well under the frost line.

Digging the burrow had drained my energy, so I chose to settle down for the night.

○●×~~~*~~~×□■​

*Hoooo, hooooo , hooooo*

Waking up to the sound of hooting, I was very well ready to go out and knock some sense into the annoying owl for waking me up. Although I decided against it because I would probably be consumed. owls are known to prey upon snakes and the such.

*Thud,Thud,Thud*

The Owl starts to stomp on my burrow, at this rate I will have a cave in.

I pull up as much might as I can, in my tired state and run out of my burrow.

Upon exiting my burrow, I am met with a creature that appeared as if a blue crab and a parrot gave birth to this beauty.

 The creature lunged at me, attempting to grab me with its green beak. being as smart as I am, I slip past its beak and coiled around its throat and flexed my muscles.

It brought one of its winged claws up to rip me off but it couldn't pull it far up enough. In its last ditch effort, It rolled on the ground, thankfully my grip was tight, banging its head against a tree it attempted to shove me off.  Feeling myself lose my grip I to bite it multiple times felling its blood roll onto my tongue. With no venom It wouldn't do lasting damage, but it was enough to distract it. it again attempted to raise its claws up to its neck. since it was unable to stop me I regained my footing and squeezed. as long as I can halt blood flow the built up toxins will leave it brain dead.

I feel a tingle run up my spine.

[killed a secondary consumer Rewards: 10 xp, 2 esn
16/100 xp

2/50 esn]
even though it was only a secondary consumer that was only because it was a juvenile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3