Chapter-1: New target
40 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two people, one in a black robe, having a taller figure is carefully hugging the smaller one. On closer inspection, one can see the mist in the eyes of the smaller ones. Wearing a white robe, he excludes a gentle and carefree aura in contrast to the other one. As the cool breeze blew trying to peek at what was going inside, the curtain of the room flutters, and one can smell a pleasant aroma that was faintly present in the air surrounding them, indicating their recent action of intimacy.  

I have already received the copper token from this mission and so I need to move on to the next one I was here just to say my final goodbye to my host. Wondering, who am I? I am the “REBIRTH SYSTEM”. It has been a very long time since someone asked for my real name, now I don’t think anybody even remembers it. Excluding me, umm, what was it maybe Tong Tong. I go by my codename 078. As far as I remember I committed suicide and then when I thought everything would end, I opened my eyes again.  

It was a beautiful garden I was walking on fresh grass with a soft texture that could be felt under my feet. But the scariest thing was I was walking on my own. I suddenly felt I could not control my body. It felt so uneasy that I think I wanted to scream to the top of my lungs but can't open my mouth. Seemingly the only thing I can control right now was my mind.  

I don’t know what it was but I can’t seem to remember anything except the fact that it was suicide and the last thing I wrote in somewhere maybe a note or dairy, “nobody loves me and I love nobody”. Except for these, all my memories were a blur. I never felt so scared (who knows, all my memories are a blur). Despite all the discomfort, I was feeling inside my head, my body was covered in very comfortable warmth. I don’t want to end this comfortable feeling and the smell in the air, it was so fresh and pleasant that I could always remain here. It was so soothing that I could forever be a gardener here and wouldn’t complain even once. The dewdrops on the blue rose. I just wanted to see this forever. Unfortunately, I couldn’t control my eyes. How I wish I could move them and capture the overall view. It all felt so crazy.  

My walk soon came to an end as I was standing in front of a stone wall. My body bent down respectively. A crisp and fresh voice sounded in my ears. I could figure out that it belonged to a man. It was so melodious that I forgot to pay attention to what he was saying. When I got out of my daze, I could only hear a single phrase with some irritation like he had repeated it for some time now.  

 It said, “so would you like to work for me?”. Ohh my mind must be crazy at that time, I just wanted to be close to that voice, be like this for eternity so I said yes. I don’t know what surprised me more, the fact that I could control my mouth for a small-time or the fact that a peal of low laughter was sounded in my ears after that.  

Actually, I wanted to say, “could you please repeat what you said”, but this stupid body doesn’t listen to me and moved on its own. I could faintly figure out that I started to trace back the path that I came from. Back to garden walking through the same steps just in opposite direction. The pleasant scent from the garden was enough to make my head dizzy, I tried to remain sane. The fact that I would lose the last thing I can control that is my mind was so uncomfortable.  

I don’t know what happened after that. As I notice my surroundings, it was night time. I was in a hospital ward and a full moon could be seen through the window. There was a youth on the bed. He had an impassive face seemingly dead. But his clenched fists told me that he was still alive and if given a chance to go out from here, he would definitely kill all of his enemies. An eerie feeling suddenly surrounded me that I couldn’t help but shiver.  

Just as I wanted to move out of this ward and get away from here, a certain feeling shook all of me from the core. It was a feeling just like you forget where you put your car keys and suddenly remember it while you were trying to move out of the house. It was not strange till here but the fact that you never bought a car. 

Just like that loads of information passed through my consciousness which I seemed to forget but I couldn’t find the source from where it came.  

Right now I have become a rebirth system. I can sense people with high resolution to change their fate and redo their life. My task is simple, aid them to fulfill one of their wishes, and then collect tokens by doing so. These people can be referred to as my hosts which are provided with small tasks provided by the main system. They also receive points for completing missions. The points can be exchanged with special items and in the end, if the host is left with points he doesn’t want to use then those points would all go into the drain.  

On helping a host to fulfill their dream the system would receive a copper token. On receiving 100 tokens I get a chance to upgrade myself. On reaching a certain level I can even freely roam around in that garden. Only if I could hear that voice again and rest in that place, it would be soo good. Alas, I have a long way to go.  

However, this life is actually very good. Why would I even want to stop it? All the more I have no connection with my previous world and it feels comfortable here. However, no-one could see me here even the host. We communicate with each other through our minds. And the youth sleeping in front of the hospital bed was my first host. 

I seemed to have come very far from then. Out of the two people I told you about before, the smaller one, in the white robe is my 83rd host, Li Jie. After this, I have to collect 17 more copper tokens to upgrade. I am pretty excited about that. 

I haven't contacted my host for quite some time now since I wanted to give them some privacy. Seems like they have washed up and resting right now. It's time to say goodbye. 

System: since you have received your love. It's time for me to go. You still have 20 points left. 

Li Jie: wait you are going? 

System: 20 points left 

Li Jie: can I exchange these to keep you forever 

System: … NO 

Li Jie: crying.jpg 

System: then I will use them to exchange for a good luck blessing 

Li Jie: no need I have him 

System: what about good luck for him 

Li Jie: he has me 

System: you can increase your appearance or learn a new skill or …............................... 

Li Jie: drain them 

System: OK 

Li Jie: that was fast 

System: I know 

Li Jie: thanks for all that 

System: BYE 

Li Jie: I will miss you 

System: BYE 

Li Jie: … 

Li Jie: Bye 

After that, I moved on to my next host. I know it was harsh of me to cut him like that but bro I am telling the truth. I don’t know how old I am and how long will I live. I might miss him but I know will eventually forget. Enough with this justification ok. 

With that, I received the information about my next host. This time it’s a cultivation world. His name is Zhang Yong.

 

5