Chapter 0 – Prologue [V1C0]
949 12 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was just another normal day, in this teenager's normal life. Or so it should have been.

 

It started as normal. He went to school, attended lessons, and started walking home after going to the gym.

 

That’s when it happened. He saw one of his classmates, whose name was Seki Ran, was about to get hit by a truck. And he realized, he didn’t want that. He remembered something the mother-like figure at his orphanage has said years ago: 'Save those you want to save. Do as your heart wants you to do. Live by your own will, follow your own path. That is what it means to be a human.’.

 

Thus, he did the only thing he could. He ran with all his might and pushed Seki Ran out of the way. Effectively sacrificing himself for her.

 

He felt the feeling of life leaving him, but he was glad that she was safe.

 

“Why!? Why would you sacrifice yourself for me, Shiba Kayo?”

 

That’s right. His name was Shiba Kayo. A name that was given to him by his old orphanage's mother-like figure. But he was happy with the name.

 

Shiba stretched out his hand and touched the girl's cheek. The girl blushed.

 

(Seriously?! I'm dying over here, this is no time for you to blush, girl!)

 

“You… reminded me of my sister that I haven’t seen for many years. I remember that my mother told me to always do like my heart feels like. Thus I did. You do not need to be sad nor angry. Nor glad nor happy. Just be like you usually are. My life was way too monotone anyway.”

 

Shiba spoke, trying to console the girl.

 

The girl was about to say something but then 2 people came - they were both of their classmates and perhaps, more importantly, they were people Shiba was close to, although still less when compared to his old orphanages family.  One of them was a girl, the other a boy. They had all bonded over their interest in martial arts.

 

“Yo. Seems like this is it for me. Sorry I couldn’t stay with you all till the end. Could you do me a favor?”

 

“Anything you say, Shiba.” The girl replied and the man nodded

 

“Please, I need you to call this number,” he said as he gave the girl a paper he always carried with him,” And say the following words:’The youngest has passed. It was a traffic accident.’ … and… tell them I loved each and every one of them, no matter how much they wanted me to hate them. Because… they were family.” Shiba finished his sentence while holding back tears, remembering all the good times he had spent with his family. Yes, no matter how many times they had tried to make him hate them, Shiba still loved his old orphanage as family. Because to him, that’s what they were.

 

“Alright.” The girl nodded

 

“May you have a blissful journey in the afterlife.” Added the boy. He was by no means religious, but he felt the need to say something encouraging to his best friend.

 

“Such a sad smile doesn’t suit either of you. I hope you keep living and always remember… Do what YOU wish to do.. Not what others want you to do… because..” Shiba said

 

“That is what it means..” The girl said

 

“To be human.” and the boy finished

 

They all smiled gently, while it was true Shiba was dying and there was no stopping it now, they were all happy being together in their final moments.

 

“Thanks for everything you two,” Shiba said as he slowly closed his eyes.

 

“It should be us thanking you. Goodbye, Shiba.” The girl said while clearing her tears.

 

And thus, on that day, Shiba’s life on Earth ended.

 

But life had to go on, cause, that is what it meant to be strong.

 

When Shiba next woke up, he was surrounded by light.

 

(Is this heaven?)

 

“No, not quite.” An unknown, yet beautiful voice said.

 

(I see.) Shiba thought… before realizing something important.

 

“Wait…. Did you just read my thoughts?” Shiba asked

 

(Was it just a coincidence perhaps?)

 

“Yes. And no, it was not a coincidence. Anyways, this is the divine realm where the gods spend most of our time.” The unknown voice answered.

 

“Oh… Okay.”  Shiba answered, visibly shaken.

 

“Don’t worry about it too much. I believe introductions are in order. Ahem, I am the goddess of the Moon - Lunaria in the world of [Ragnol].” Lunaria said.1I'd like to take a moment to explain the origins of Lunaria. Some people will probably already know this but 'luna' means the moon in Latin. I thought of using that as a name but Luna sounded too boring for a goddess if I'm being honest. Thus I added 'ria' to the end.

 

(Huh, I’m talking to an actual goddess?!?)

 

“Umm… I’m Shib-” Shiba was about to introduce himself but…

 

“I know who you are. Shiba Kayo. Japanese. Died by getting hit by a truck.”

 

“I see…”

 

“Well, let’s get to the topic at hand.”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Shiba Kayo. By the request of a 3rd party, it has been decided for you to reincarnate in our world with your memories intact.”

 

“Huh?! What is this… one of those cliche light novels?”

 

“Yeah, pretty much. You see, normally we’d completely delete your existence and use it to create new souls.”

 

“HUH!?” Shiba said, visibly terrified.

 

“Nah, you misunderstand. While it’s true that we normally would do that, it’s a special treatment that only 0.001% of souls get. You see, your soul is extremely powerful. To the level that even gods' souls might lose to it. Did you ever exhibit special powers, for example, you could understand certain things without anyone saying anything in your past life?”

 

(Huh, now that she mentions it…)

 

A long time ago there was an incident where Shiba Kayo was almost hit by a stone brick. Yet something stopped the said stone brick about 2 centimeters from his head, like some sort of forcefield. Was that perhaps?

 

“Yes. That. Although there would probably be more you might not have noticed. To prevent incidents like those happening, we usually delete souls as powerful as yours and use it to create new empty souls. But here’s where it gets interesting - this time your soul is also extremely pure. Like extremely. Purest of pure. This rarely happens. And the 3rd party also asked us to reincarnate you after seeing how pure it was. It was also actually our plan because we looked at your past lives and…. We really like you.” Said Lunaria.

 

“I… I see.” Shiba didn’t know what to say at this point

“Normally, the other gods would actually be here for this as well. But they are all very busy preparing your new body, family and such. Anyways, you have been decided to be reincarnated as a Celestial Vampire because your soul is too powerful to hold for most races.”

 

“Celestial… Vampire? I know Celestials are often talked about as godly existences but as far as I know, those go into the light-side in light novels, while vampires are in the dark, how does that work?” Shiba just happened to be a vivid fan of light novels. Which made his knowledge on the subject quite large.

 

“... You really read too many light novels, huh? Anyways, that is the case only when talking about low-rank vampires, but high-rank ones can choose their own affiliations. For reference, I’m also a Celestial Vampire. So you’d become something akin to my child?”

 

“I… I see?” Shiba was once again utterly confused, this whole situation was quite confusing... In fact, this was way too confusing… What was even happening?

 

“Here. This has been decided to be your initial status. It is quite ridiculous for a mere level 1. It has also been decided to give you access to administration privileges of the system.” Lunaria said as she waved her hand and a translucent board appeared before him.

 

 

User Status

Name: Elaine

Age: 0

Gender: Female

Race: Celestial Vampire

Condition: Normal

 

Level: 1 

HP: 200 / 200

MP: 100 / 100

ATK: 500

DEF: 500

AGI: 700

INT: 1000

LUK: 10000

CHA: 1000

 

Mana Tier: 1

 

Titles & Blessings:

  • Magic Apprentice
  • Child of Lunaria
  • Loved by the Gods
  • Blessed Child
  • Reincarnator 
  • Celestial 
  • Primordial Vampire
  • System Administrator - Tier I
  • Divine Blessing of the Moon
  • Divine Blessing of Creation
  • Divine Blessing of Destruction
  • Divine Blessing of Magic
  • Divine Blessing of Worlds - ?!?
  • Divine Blessing of Nature
  • Druid
  • Intelligent One
  • Nimble One
  • Charismatic One
  • Lucky Devil

 

Skills:

  • Fighting
    • Bow Mastery Lv.1
    • Shield Mastery Lv.1
    • Hand to Hand Combat (CQC) Lv.1
    • Spear Mastery Lv.1
    • Long Blade Mastery Lv.1
    • Short Blade Mastery Lv.1
    • Blunt Weapon Mastery Lv.1
    • Scythe Mastery Lv.1
    • Danger Sense - Lv. 1
    • Evasion - Lv. 2
    • Presence Detection - Lv. 1
    • Presence Suppression - Lv. 2
    • Weakness Detection - Lv. 1
  • Magic Skills
    • Mana Perception - Lv.0
    • Mana Control - Lv.0
    • Fire Magic - Lv.0
    • Water Magic - Lv.0
    • Wind Magic - Lv.0
    • Earth Magic - Lv.0
    • Lightning Magic - Lv.0
    • Light Magic - Lv.0
    • Dark Magic - Lv.0
    • Familiar Magic - Lv.0
    • Space Magic - Lv.0
    • Time Magic - Lv.0
    • Ice Magic - Lv.0
    • Compound Magic - Lv.0
    • Enchant - Lv.0 
    • Nature Magic - Lv.0
    • Barrier Magic - Lv.0
    • No-Chant - Lv.0
    • Creation Magic - Lv.0
    • Destruction Magic - Lv.0
    • Stellar Magic - Lv.0
  • Production Skills
    • Alchemy - Lv. 1
    • Carpeting - Lv. 0
    • Compounding - Lv.1
    • Cooking - Lv. 0
    • Leatherworking - Lv.0
    • Smithing - Lv.0
    • Engineering - Lv.1
  • Survival Skills
    • Camping - Lv. 0
    • Fishing - Lv. 0
    • Foraging - Lv. 0
    • Riding - Lv. 0
    • Trap Detection - Lv. 0
    • Trap Setting - Lv. 1
  • Racial Skills:
    • Bloodsucking Lv..100
    • Blood giving Lv.100 
    • Absorption Lv.100 
    • Underling Creation Lv.100
    • Mana Efficiency Lv.1
    • Mana Generation Lv.100
  • Extra Skills:
    • MP Recovery Lv.1
    • HP Recovery Lv.1
    • Accelerated Thought Lv.1
    • Parallel Thought Lv.1
    • High-Capacity Memorization
    • System Eye of Analysis (Hidden)
    • System Eye of Knowledge (Hidden)
    • System Disguise (Hidden)
    • System Access Lv.1 (Hidden)
    • Limit Removal Lv. Max
    • Growth Lv. Max
    • Blessed Lv. Max
    • Apostle Lv. Max
    • Lunar Child Growth Lv. Max
    • Nature Power Lv. 1
    • Lunar Power Lv. 5
    • Sun Power Lv. 1
  • Unique Skills:
    • )2)=(?
    • “%&2=?
    • ?”55”%&
  • Resistances:
    • Thermal Fluctuation Resistance Lv 1
    • Stabbing Resistance Lv 0
    • Sunlight Nullification Lv 100
    • Paralysis Nullification Lv 100
    • Poison Nullification Lv 100

 

 

“F- Female????” Shiba was visibly shocked.

 

“Ah… About that…  This is mainly because… well… as much as we hate to do it - your soul for some reason refused to be male after the last life.”

 

“I see….” Shiba.exe had stopped responding at this point.

 

“Anyways, using the system you’ll be able to communicate with us and learn about different types of skills as well.” Lunaria said

 

“I see… What about these weird question marks?” Shiba asked

 

“Ah, that’s the 3rd party information. He said he would hide it till you grew powerful enough, he said he would come and introduce himself to you once you unlocked the first unique skill.” Lunaria said, visibly a bit conflicted, just who was this 3rd party anyways?

 

“Well, okay then, not much I can do when it’s someone even the gods seem to respect. By the way, what does level 0 actually mean?” Shiba asked

 

“Ah that,” Lunaria said as she once again waved her hand and another translucent panel appeared next to the current one. “As you can see”

"[Level 0] - Level 0 signifies when a person's talent has awakened but has not surfaced yet. Often it takes only 10 minutes of training to get to level 1 from 0."

 

“I see.” Shiba was actually quite shocked. He had no idea what the average power level in this world was but he was pretty sure he could easily become the strongest with this.

 

“You are correct.” Lunaria said, once again reading his thoughts “You see, your souls so pure that it basically absorbed our power like a sponge. And yes, with even a tiny amount of training you’ll reach this world's peak powers by the age of 10 or so. I'm certain that as you grow you will end up getting more blessings as well.”

 

“I see. Well, I have nothing to ask at the moment. And if I need to I can contact you through the System Administrator privileges anyways, right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Alright, let’s do this then,” Shiba said, accepting reality.

 

Lunaria smiled. “May fate bless you on this journey. May the moon guide you. May creation bless you. All shall become clear. And all shall unhide. For you are the one many gods have chosen. We wish you luck in your journeys and we will watch from above. Now, go forth, child of Lunaria, Loved by The Gods, One of Purity. Go, and explore our world, the world of [Ragnol].”

 

As Lunaria finished, light shone and Shiba felt himself going unconscious. He knew that when he woke up, he would be a new person, in a new family, with a new mother, father, and maybe even more.

 

Grand adventures awaited him. It was time to go!

 

Announcement

Well, that sums up the prologue chapter. 

 

I don't know how often I'll have the time to work on this but I'll try to do at least a chapter per week for now.

If you are reading this and thinking: "Hmm, I'd like to help with this, then please, do contact me. I am looking for proofreaders, artists, and all sorts of different people. If you have some sort of talent and think it might be helpful with writing this, please, contact me.

 

This is my first ever novel, I've been reading these OP Isekai type novels for about a year now, and suddenly felt like writing one. To be honest, at the moment it's mainly a combination of a bunch of different novels but hopefully, as it expands and enlarges it will become its own story.

 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have a nice day!

 

-Autas

 

31