Prologue: Beyond Sense
66 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Take Two (for more than one thing)

Dragging the pen across the frozen notebook paper i humned an melody. What was drawn was a mountain that broke through the blue sky. 


Larger than any skyscraper, it is known as the tallest mountain in the world. Mountain Everest, a work of fiction come true. Right now i Carnell Sky am scaling the mountain range that holds these mountains.

I had set up camp on top of the mountain beside Everest so i could get a good angle on Everest. I didn't do this because i wanted to but it's rather i had too.

I place the pen in the pocket back of the spine of the notebook. To the right side of it was another line of pocket, each hold a different color. It was getting cold so i close the notebook and packed up.

Before hicking down i take one last view at the tallest mountain in the world and smile.

On the way down a rumbling echo from above.

Looking back i was met with a wall of white.

My life flash before my eyes. Mother smiling while taking me on a walk in the national park near our house. Father coming come with his brother laughing to no end. My childhood friend who had been by myside longer than anyone turning into my beloved wife.

Last was a boy unknown to me, never have i met him but i feel like he is important. No i know who he is, that blond hair mix with that brown eye. Blond hair was a staple in my family line and that brown eye perfectly match my wife's mother's. Their no mistaking it, he's my son, but why am i seeing this? He has yet to be born and still an infant in his mother's belly. But who ever is showing me this, thank you. It could almost make me smile in the face of death seeing my son's face.

Before the wall collided with me, the world started to turn gray as the snow infront of me started to slow to a halt. All around me the world was at a stand still, silent and unable to move.

Their were no hope for me, i couldn't move only think and recall and that what i did. The memory kept on flowing into my mind, my whole life replayed infront of me making sure to not skip any minor detail.

Than after it was over my lips carl up as i accepted my fate. Time resumes and when the wall came in contact with me, i blacked out.

Was this death?

An empty space where only the abyss lay before you?

You can't move or see.

You only can sit and float inside this world.

An after life like this is worse than hell.

To forever be trapped in eternity, where you can only rewatch your memories, saying 'if only i done that'.

An eternity of regrets that you are powerless to fix or do. Truly this is a nightmare come true.

How long has it been? I lost count of time.

There's nothing to do except sleep, think and look back on my life.

Everytime i sleep, i dream of my pregnant wife and her life without me. Sadness, destroyed her once perfect life gone, all with no reason.

When i wake up from those dream i always cruse myself for dying and try to shed tears.

Every time i think, it's always about what i could of have done with my life and be over come with depression. Looking back on my life was the only thing that keep me going but i started to regret most of my action.

I keep wishing to have a second chance, to right all my wrong and live a more filling life.

I have regain the ability to feel, when? I don't know, but when i did i felt something from the abyss. What was it, i didn't care, all i knew was i wasn't alone.

I could move for some reason so i reach out to the thing beside me, the thing beside me was rather soft and could also move, was it alive?

Well it doesn't seem to like being touched so i stop in fear of him abandoning me.

Than during that entirety i saw an flash of light.

What is this light? Was it like the saying 'the light at the end of the tunnel'? Was i finally released from this nightmare?

After floating towards it something warm and soft wrapped around my body, but their was an odd coldness in the place where the warmness doesn't cover.

Breath, you are whole now said my mind.

Open your eyes to enlighten yourself it told me again.

Opening my eyes i saw an woman and i cryed tears of joy. She said something i didn't know and looked up yelling before gently putting me down.

More voice were yelling but i didn't care.

I stop crying and looked around and found that i was in a dimly litten room that looked rather old, made of wood and without the overhead lighting custom to modern day.

That wasn't the only thing that shock me, moving my hand infront of me i was more shock than any thing before.

A small plump hand the color of white showed. Like a new born, was i reincarnated?

Bewilderment over came everything, soon that changed into excitement and a new sense of hope.

A second chance in life, a new start that i could choose.

Never, never again shall i make a decision i will regret, this time i will live the life i want to live

****

On a cold morning where fall was about to end and winter could start any moment, shooting stars shot throughout the night sky. Millions poured pass the planet, illuminated the skys with it's color, from red to blue, silver to gray, magenta to gold and white to black, never had such a scene been seen before.

If Carnell saw such a view, this scene would be a scenery he would dream about, not just him, this night will forever be engraved into every living things dreams.

But unfortunately for Carnell, he was sound asleep in his new father's arms. When they heard of the shower after giving birth, they made their way out into the streets of the clinic to watch and hope.

That was a prophecy made centuries ago would come true:

------------

When the star's fall,

The world shall be blessed,

The rebirth of the world will start with the brith of 6 souls,

Each has the power of the stars,

The comet of red, infused with the soul of an unrivaled warrior and the sun,

Destin to lead a war that will change the world forever,

The comet of gray, born from light and dark, a one of a kind,

A ruler that shall reclaim their crown and unite worlds,

The comet of black, the traveler that knows now boundaries,

When conflict arises, they will choose which side is just and righties,

The comet of white, a being cursed and blessed,

They shall bless the world with light and give powers to the weak,

The comet of blue, gifted with magic, the closest being the gods,

With thy power, the tides will change and the world will kneel,

The comet of gold, dazzling with the will of god,

A demi god that defies all logic to achieve the impossible,

When the White King shows his true self,

The 6 stars will connect to overthrow the White King to usher in a new age.

------------

This tail has been heard throughout the lands, everyone was excited about this, for more than 1000's of years no massive changes had occurred to the world.

To hear the news that a new era would come made all being anxious for the day.

What's more, 6 being will be chosen by the world to lead it. On this day, it marks the start of the gears of fate, all the key players has been born and today, those Roles will be chosen tonight.

Every being looked up to the sky, praying they will be picked for the grand duty.

The comets in the sky started to shift it's course forming an unnatural ring of light above the heavens.

As more and more joined the ring, the old started to shoot away, firing off into the night, searching for it's owner.

When the gathering ended the comets all stopped and in one move, they all blasted in every direction.

They touch every corner of the globe, passed every obstacle whether it was the solid earth or the deep ocean, nothing can stop their movement.

In the town Carnell had been in, more of these stars found their owner than any village.

They made no noise, passed through everything as if it was an illusion and two of these were heading for Carnell's new family.

When they hit land, no crash or damage has been done, that was because of their illusory nature and when they encroach on their owner, the star shall become one with them.

So when the tiny star shot towards the two adults, they show no fear and didn't back down in fact they were delighted. They had been chosen and they were grateful for that, but even if they weren't, the comet was heading for them, meaning the family will have atless two players which was beyond what they wish for.

When the two stars came close, they could see the size of the comet was as large as a small house which was intimating to even them.

The roles one would play will be determined by the size, one this size showed their roles will be vital.

Before the stars made land fall, it turned into pure light in the shade of blue and sliver and surrounded the family in a stunning show, dancing around like spirits.

In the end the blue light shot into the mother and on her left hand, an blue symbol of ice appeared.

The Mana within her moved with enthusiasm and overwhelmed her body, never had she encountered such an over flow of Mana within her, so much so, she was unprepared and let the Mana within her burst into the surrounding.

Next the same happened with the sliver light, they rushed into the father and caused a reaction to occur, but it wasn't Mana this time, it was Aura.

An sliver Aura engulfs the mans body as it glows more intensely and becomes more and more obscured.

On his left hand, the image of a sword with a pair of dragonfly wings around it formed from silver light.

This was a monumental moment for the two, but at the same time, felt pitiful, deep down they wished for their child to be the one that will be gifted instead.

But than from the sky 6 skyscraper size comets moved in where the former ring of comets formed, but now non of the remaining comets were there, allowing space for the 6 major stars.

Blue, Red, White, Black, Gray and Gold fulled the sky and not long after the 6 started to separate to find it's bearer.

Two of the 6 was heading for the small town the family were in, nothing mattered to them right now, two Chosen was about to be revealed, they have no time to celebrate their own achievements.

The two stars that fell on the small town was the star of Red and Blue, the unrivaled sun warrior and the being closest to the gods.

Closer they got the more intimating these stars were, the size before seemed the size of an skyscraper but that was only an visual effect, the size in reality was that of a mountain.

They collided with each other but the reaction wasn't what they thought, the two huge stars passed right through each other like lights but didn't mix or bend the two shines together.

When the two came into the earths atmosphere, it burst into light like many others.

The two force created it's own mini star cluster before grathering towards their user.

The red obs flew to the other side of town from the family but they knew the Red comet could never be theirs, they had already guess the owner long before.

What was their focus was the blue, it moved in a spiral towards them and at a sleeping baby, but it wasn't Carnell, it was the child within his mothers arm.

A girl, a twin, the Chosen and the being that will be closest to god, a goddess was to be his twin.

He himself knew nothing about this, he was far to exhausted to know anything, he only saw the flash of lights to be a nonsense to his long awaited rest.

As the event ended the two parent's where left in disbelief, their dear daughter had been chosen by fate itself to become a being as great as the gods, but what about the boy, no Role had bestowed onto him, how can that be?

They didn't know whither to pity the boy or be weary, why was he not chosen?

Notes:

Role- Something similar to jobs in other isekai's. Roles will be given to all those that are involved with the 6 stars, can even include bystanders that has been gazed at by them or nameless soldiers.

Mark- The imprint of fate. Will be explain more in the future.

Chosen- Someone who has one of the 6 major star.

Mana- Will be explain more in the future.

Aura- Will be explain more in the future.


Ps. Prologue was a bit underwhelming to me. I wrote this in pass time and it took a lot to fix everything i did wrong and even have to rewrite parts.

Since this one turn out halfass as i expect, taste the first chapter where it's half a year of progress in writing skills later and much longer. ;)

Was the Prologue good?
  • Naaa, it sucks Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent, but could use [Insert Suggestions] Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seems good Votes: 4 100.0%
Total voters: 4
2