Chapter 16 – Back From The Test 
1.7k 15 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16 - Back From The Test 

 

 

After being woken up by my mom, who was crying and apologizing for some reason, I was taken back to the SUV and slept in there for the rest of the night. The next day, my injuries were treated by my mom; she literally brought a mini-hospital with her. 

Why are there anaesthetics here? Is this legal? Should I be worried?

I just ignored it and ate the toast I got for breakfast. It feels good to finally eat food. 

“You’ll be taking a break from school for a month. You’ve passed the test, so I’ll allow you to be an information broker, under one condition; never get yourself in danger, no matter what. Think before you act.”

“Understood!”

I don’t know how I managed to pass the test, but I’m not complaining!

“I’ll have a talk with the hooli- ahem, agents, about your security. Just leave the negotiation to me, and you can do all of the hacking or whatever.”

“Yes ma'am!” 

After my mom finished treating my sprained leg, I quickly went to pick up some flowers before hopping back on the SUV and returning home. I didn’t die of boredom on the trip back since there were a few novels to read, which were in the back last time. I almost vomited a few times, trying to read though. 

---

After arriving back home, I told the FBI and ASIO to come to my house. It didn’t even take 5 minutes before they came knocking. I was told to go into my room and play. I decided to check out video games, whilst my mom handled the negotiations; good luck Mr agent. 

Anyways, I’m trying out this shooter game, where I fight in a modern guerilla warfare environment. This should be a good simulation. I’ll try to increase Allen’s, Amelia’s and Alfred’s firepower later by training them material arts. I also need to increase my own firepower as well. 

“So, I move using WASD… Oh, this is how you shoot. Can you shoot allies? No? Nope.”

I moved my character in accordance with the guide on screen. 

“Oh! Oh! Oh! This is an RPG-7! That is… an M4 Sherman? Wow, it blew up just like that. What is this? 5v5 mode? I guess I’ll try it out.”

My character switched to a different place. It seems to be a desert town. 

“Where is my RPG-7? I only have a submachine gun and a pistol. Acha! Acha! Nooo! I died. Where did he even come from?”

{GG! Easy win.}

A voice suddenly came from the game. Where do I activate the talking option? Oh, this must be it. 

“Hello?”

{Woah. Who’s that?}

{I don’t know?}

{That sounds like a little girl, but there’s no way, right?}

“Um… what does GG mean?”

{Woah, she sounds pretty cute. What are you doing here, little girl?}

{I’m calling the FBI}

“Do you guys know the FBI as well?”

{Of course; everyone has their own FBI agent watching them. Hahahahaha.}

I had a nice chat with the guys from the game and added them as friends. They seem pretty friendly. 

[Quest: Extort $100,000 from the FBI for information(2,000,000/100,00)]

[Quest: Completed]

[Reward: 8 Skill points]

"Woah! 8 skill points! Nice to see you again, system."

[Nice to meet you again too.]

"How much will the information cost?"

[$75,000]

"Wait! Isn't that double the last price? Didn't you say you would give me a discount?" 

[Orignal price was $76,000]

"Nonono. It was $30,000 or something like that."

[$70,000; no more]

"That's still too much. How about $50,000?"

[$71,000]

"Wait! Why is it increasing?"

[$72,000]

"Deal! Deal! Deal!"

Damn it. The system is the biggest scammer I've ever known.

[$73,000]

"I meant the system is the greatest! Almighty, holy system! A grace upon this poor, humble peasant of the field. Please forgive this ignorant self, for my sins, almighty system!"

[$72,500]

"Oh thank you! Merciful system!"

Anyways, I looked through the internet for a few more video games. Apparently, there was something called Anna Mae. The guys I met from the shooting game were hyping over something called Hen Tie, before panicking after I asked what it was. 

I searched up Hen Tie and found a bunch of cute chickens wearing a business tie. Why were they panicking over some chickens wearing ties?

I also searched up Anna Mae and found out it was a famous composer. I'm not too good at music, so I just ignored it for now. 

After searching on the net for some more games, I suddenly remembered I had Algebra homework to finish! Well, I should be able to skip school for a month; so I can finish it later. 

"Lotte! Come down! The negotiations are done, and lunch's ready!"

"Yes, mom!"

I quickly rushed downstairs after shutting off my computer. I wonder what's for lunch? Oh yeah, while I'm at it, I should ask my mom if I can visit a nuclear power plant or not. I wonder if I have enough muscles to handle a Kalashnikov rifle. 

56