Chapter 18 – Lunch Boxes
1.5k 7 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18 - Lunch Boxes

 

The closest person to my location right no, show be Alfred, who is training with an agent called Matt, in the training ground. Matt was a very friendly agent, who wasn't as shady as the other agents.

I grabbed all of the lunch boxes and packed them into a handbag. First destination; The house's training ground!

When I arrived at the training ground, I found Alfred in the midst of fighting Matt. It looked like it came out of a movie; he seems to be training really hard. I waited on the side until they finished fighting each other.

Alfred was on the defence against the merciless Matt, who was relentlessly throwing punches and kicks. Matt didn't even break a sweat against the exhausted Alfred. This should finish soon.

After a few minutes, Matt stopped fighting Alfred and waved at me. It seems he noticed me since the start and went a little harder to show off Alfred's progress.

“Hey! What’s up, little miss.”

“I’m just here to deliver lunch to Alfred.”

“Oh really? Is it handmade? Hahahaha.”

“Indeed.”

“Wheewww. Goodluck little matey. I’ll go for a quick bathroom break now. See ya later little miss.”

“Goodbye.”

Matt went to the toilet, leaving a surprised, bright red Alfred behind. I guess he’s been training really hard, to think his face is so red. I grabbed a cool wet towel from my handbag, and gave it to Alfred, to wash off some sweat and clean his hands before eating.

“So, how’s training?”

“Uh… good.”

“I see. Good luck with your training. You’ll grow to be strong enough to fire a .50 cal on your feet.”

“T-thank you?”

“I’ll see you later.”

“Oh. Um.... Bye.”

Next should be Allen. I should just wait outside of my new house, for him to pass here. My house and everyone else’s house were next to each other. My house was similar to a noble vacation house, with an archaic European style architectural design. The houses were 3 stories tall, and there were quite a few rooms.

Whilst admiring my new house, I saw Allen running towards me. It seems Allen is almost out of breath. Good to see that he’s working hard as well.

“Oh! Hey Charlotte! Whatcha got there?”

“It’s a lunch box for you. There are some sandwiches and a bottle of apple juice.”

“Nice! Thanks. I’ll eat it once I finish. See you later!”

Allen stops for a moment to snatch the lunch box before running off again. I feel like this is a mugging. Either way, I waved goodbye to him. Next should be Amelia.

Amelia should be practicing in a shooting range down the street. The shooting range was built by the Government in exchange for some information. I wonder how she’s doing?

I walked into the range, and saw Amelia on the ground, firing at a target about 20 metres away from her, using a scopeless M1903 Springfield replica rifle that uses BBs. I also received it from the FBI for selling some information.

I stood next to her, waiting for her to notice me. Looking at the paper target in the distance, which had multiple holes in it, it seems she has pretty high accuracy. Most were near the centre, with only very few missing. Maybe it’s because of how close it is to her. I should arrange her to fly to New Zealand, and experience a real airsoft battle tomorrow.

“Charlotte! What are you doing here?”

Amelia finally notices my presence, and got up from her position, leaving her rifle on the ground.

“I’m here to bring you lunch.”

“Wow! Thank you! I was getting hungry myself. Do you want to stay and talk for a little bit?”

“Maybe later, I have to do some training myself as well. See you later!”

“Bye-bye!”

I wasn’t good at girl talks. If there was something I could talk about, it would be novels and guns. Anyways, I should get back to playing that shooter game again. I wonder if I can meet those guys in real life, and add them as mini- ahem, real-life friends.

[Quest: Have 10 minions under you(3/10)]

“Hey! What’s with these sinister-sounding quests?!”

[The system does not lie. You are gathering minions.]

“That’s a lie.”

[Nope]

“Anyways, I should spend my skill points on something now. How much can I upgrade my mana circulation with 8 skill points?”

[With 8 skill points, you can upgrade mana circulation by 4 levels, with 2 skill points remaining.]

“Purchase 4 levels of mana circulation, and spend the rest on accelerated learning. Confirm and status.”

[Transactions complete:
Total skill upgrades: 6]

[Name: Charlotte Irlandi
Age: 9
Gender: Female

Skill points: 0
Skills: Otherworldly powers(1), System(X), Accelerated learning(3), Mana circulation(5)]

[Skill: Accelerated learning: learn 2.5x faster than what you normally can.]

[Skill: Mana circulation: Mana to energy ratio is 250:1, and efficiency is 1.5.]

48