Chapter 8 – Training Minions 2
2.2k 6 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 - Training Minions 2

After I told my progress and future plans to Alfred, he said he wanted to join in. We researched many things, like video games, thermonuclear bombs and magic. I had to say goodbye to Alfred after some time though; it was getting dark, and dinner was almost ready.

After a week, the FBI contacted me, saying they wanted more information on IAA for $30,000. I learnt from the system that IAA stands for International Anarchy Assembly, and their primary goal was to overthrow the government of major countries or something.

Anyhow, I agreed to meet them at a public cafe nearby today. I managed to persuade my mom to get one of the classified folders things from the movies. I need to make it look cool. The coolness is the number one thing when it comes to importance.

I brought Alfred and Allen, who recently joined the group, with me. Allen is too young to understand everything, but by watching me deal with the FBI, he should pick up something important. Alfred would definitely learn a lot about business negotiations, and how powerful information is in the world.

I also sent a message requesting for some weapons, and permission to set up a mercenary group. The FBI said they’ll prepare everything for me after some time. Apparently, something called the ASIO will be joining in as well; the ASIO is the FBI for Australia. I suppose it's normal since this is their country, for now.

“I should probably get some information now. Hey system, give me some information please!”

[Sure. One piece of information will cost $10,000.]

“Wait! Why does it cost so much? I don’t even have that much money yet! Wasn’t it free before?”

[The first one was a free trial from tutorial mode and a sign of potential future business partnership. You can also take a loan from the system, but the interest will be +30% every month until you pay everything in.]

“This is a scam! Where did the nice system from before go? I want a tutorial mode back!”

[Error. You cannot return to tutorial mode.]

“Ugh. Fine… I will take a loan.”

[Loan taken.]

---

After reluctantly taking a loan for information from the system, I arrived at the designated cafe and approached a group of 6 conspicuous men, dressed in all black with sunglasses and a few suitcases. Upon hearing 'IAA,' the agents frantically looked around, before looking down with a surprised face. I gave a slight nod, and they followed me into the cafe.

Alfred and Allen looked quite scared. I suppose they don’t know about the real world yet. I raised my hand and ordered 3 slices of cheesecakes, whilst the agents ordered coffee, with two of them ordering a cheesecake as well.

I could feel the stares from the public; maybe a cafe isn't the ideal place to negotiate in. Anyways, I just nibbled on my cheesecake, whilst Allen and Alfred just froze like statues, looking at the cheesecakes.

“So, here’s the $30,000 in one suitcase. The other suitcase should contain the Ak-47 you wanted, with 10 loaded magazines. Everything else will be prepared soon. As promised, hand over the information.”

I grabbed the secret folder, with 'CLASSIFIED' written on it using red crayons, and handed it over. I tried to pick up the suitcases, but it was too heavy, so the agents just left it on the ground for now. Whilst doing so, another agent took a contract and pen out of thin air and gave it to me. I took a quick skim through the terms of the contract.

The terms of the contract are just as I wanted. There’s nothing too disadvantageous for either side, so I signed it.

After having a nice chat about potential future deals, I finished my cheesecake and ended the conversation. Allen and Alfred still haven't touched their cheesecake yet. I guess they don’t like cheesecakes.

The agents carried the suitcase for me, and I headed home, dropping Allen and Alfred off on the way. When I arrived at my house, I just told my mom they’re business partners. The agents had a quick chat with my mom afterwards, and she had a ghastly look on her face. I wonder why.

I just went upstairs and told the agents to drop the suitcase next to my bed. I opened the suitcases and used the money to pay back the system. I should have $17,000 left. I wonder how much an RPG-7 costs.

[Quest: Extort $100,000 from the FBI for information]

Oh! A new quest! But, why does it say extort? The word extort sounds too evil. Anyways, this AK-47 feels so nice to touch; the wood is so smooth and shiny. If only staves and swords were this polished smooth in my previous life. I should start asking essay questions for Alfred and Allen, asking about what they learnt today.

77