Chapter 6
696 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now they were driving somewhere, Lucie and others from the Team, didn't know what is the destination.

''So... manager where are we going?'' Lucie was too curious, and she wanted to know where are they heading.

''Today you will be evaluated.'' 

''Evaluated?''(Aurora)

''Yes, you will be going in the dungeon. While you are in the dungeon, there will be a team of people who will follow you and evaluate your capabilities, and if you pass the requirements, you will be allowed to enter the dungeon freely.''

Lucie understood that they will be going to dungeon, and while they fight the monsters, there will be people that rates them, or something. The dungeon they are going to, is probably the one on this island. The island isn't small but there are only two things on it, the UA HQ building and the dungeon. This dungeon is quit popular, it is a deep dungeon, and that means that there are monsters to fight for everyone with different skills and Tears, the dungeon is known for having some good loot, it even has many variety of monsters. Because of this dungeon it was decided that UA HQ were built here, at least that's what Lucie knows.

So while they were driving to their destination, they asked some questions to Sara. It was mostly about their job and duties in the future, but nothing complicated. Lucie did ask why they didn't use drones, cameras or something like that to watch them. Sara told them that in the dungeon there can be unpredictable situations, and that trough camera is harder to evaluate than in person.

''We have arrived.'' While they were chatting, they arrived at their destination.

When Lucie got out of the car she saw big gates. These gates were the dungeons entrance. 

''Follow me.'' Sara was going to the building right next to the gates. It was one of the adventurers association buildings. These kind of building, were made for adventurers to gather quests, sell monster materials, and other stuff. The building first floor was where the adventurers gather. There was a bar, the quest board, some tables, and the receptionist. 

Sara didn't stop there she went to the next floor and they followed her. 

When they arrived at the second floor Sara went straight, and went inside one of the rooms. When they entered behind Sara, they saw four people already there.

In the room was a long table, one the two long sides there were chairs. On one side of table where sitting the four people and on the other were five empty ones.

''Please sit.'' One of the strangers asked them to sit, with his hand indicating at the five empty chairs. 

With that they sat down with Sara in the middle, Lucie and Mara on her right and Emma and Aurora on her left.

''Well then, let's start. We four will be the ones evaluating you. First we will go to the third floor where there are Tear 2 monsters, and then we will use this [monster caller].'' While saying that he put on the table, black conus shaped tool. That was a so called [monster caller], you put it on the ground and put some mana in it, then nearby monsters will come to it.

''We will se how long can you endure the fight, and if needed we will step in. All the materials from the monsters will be yours, from their magic stones to their hides.'' Magic stones are the same monster cores, just different name.

''Any questions?'' 

And none of them had any.

''So then I guess you should get ready and we will meet at the gates.'' With that meeting ended. Lucie thought there would be more to it, but looks like she was wrong.

What she saw was the four people that will follow them are two males and two females. The one talking was a light elf, then there were one female and one male human, and the las female was lamia or demonkin. Demonkins are in many different shapes and sizes, like orcs, harpies, lamias, minitours, cyclops, arachnes, centaurs, and many more.  

After that they changed their clothes to their equipment in the same room. It looked like no one were uncomfortable, after all only the Team members were here and Sara. Lucie saw Sara starring at them with her sky blue eyes from time to time, mostly at their chest when they were changing, especially at Emmas. Lucie had some idea why, after all Sara was an A.

After changing to their gear they were ready. Aurora had leather pants, and jacked with some metal plates in some places, black boots and she had gauntlet. The gauntlets were shiny grey collared. 

Mara had leather shorts, and leather shirt with short sleeves, both if them in light brown colored and she had no boots. Probably because she can fight with her feet too, as she could extend her nails on her feet to claws, just like her finger nails.

Emma had a red dress and like Mara no boots, and her double spear weapon that had wood handle.

Lucie had was in all black, from boots, leather pants, shirt, belt which had some throwing knives and needles, and on the side katana, and an open long jacked where she had more knives and needles.

The equipment didn't look good or fancy, it had some enchantment for defense and all that, it was good quality and all that but again it wasn't the best. The good quality meaning for them right now it's good, but it's like the beginners gear.

After they were ready they followed Sara to the gate. After they arrived to the gate they saw the four people from before at the gate. 

''Looks like you are ready. Well then let's start your test.'' It was the elf, that started talking.

Sara stayed back and only the eight of them entered. 

''Now then as I said earlier we will go to the third floor and there we will activate the [monster caller], but you will be fighting the monsters, and leading us there.'' And with that their evaluation started.


*Slash**Splash*

''Looks like we can move to the next floor.'' Lucie said while storing, spider like creature she just killed with her katana, in her storage ring. 

This dungeon wasn't like the labyrinth, it was more like open wilds. The first two floors were plains, and right now they were going down the stairs leading to the third floor. The dungeon went down, with stairs leading down to the next floor, every floor was bigger then the previous one. They didn't take long founding the stirs to the third floor, because first two floors weren't big and monster there where only Tier 1. It was mostly slimes, gray wolfs, and some other ones. As all of the Team Zero was Tier 2 and strong enough to take multiple Tier 2 monsters they didn't need too much power to kill Tier 1 monsters. All the monsters they killed where stored in their storage rings.

Power mostly was rated in Tiers but it wasn't really accurate, because Tier was like how much powers potential you have unlocked. Let's take for example slime and gray wolf they both are Tier 1 monsters but slimes are much weaker than gray wolfs. The same with people, there could be two Tier 2 fire affinity magic core users, both are the same Tier but it is possible for one to beat the other without a sweat. It like if you had a barrel the higher the Tier the bigger the barrel, but the if the barrel is empty it has no use so, to fill the barrel you need to master your power, the more you master the fuller the barrel. But there can be someone who has 70% full barrel and one who has 10% whole barrel, and logically the one with 70% will win against the 10%. 

Meaning that potential is nothing if you don't train. Now advancing the Tier is like making fire, you need the spark and the material to burn. The material is your mastery of your power or ability and the spark is the mana. Of course you can have bad materials and still make the fire, that's when someone uses only mana to advance, but the higher the Tier the harder it is. For example it is harder to light fire in rain, than when the sun is out. So Tier 1 to Tier 2 advancement is like lighting fire in sunny day, but Tier 2 to Tier 3 is like there is little rain. That is  why you need better materials to light the fire. 

So basically Tiers show how much potential someone is unlocked not how powerful they are, and without mastering your ability it won't be possible to advance to the higher Tiers, but as you need mastery do advance trough the Tiers, so they show rough estimate of your powers.

Right now they were at the end of the stairs and in front of them were plains.

''Let's go little deeper and then we will activate the [monster caller].'' Lucie and the team nodded to the elf, and went deeper, on the way they didn't run in any monsters, but it was probably they didn't went much deeper, just some 20 or 30 meters or so.

''Ok ladies, the real test will start now.'' With that, elf put the [monster caller] on the ground and put some mana in it. 

At the start nothing happened, and Lucie wanted to say something, but the next moment she saw, many monsters coming their way. There were bigger slimes, some bat like monsters, raptor like ones, black wolfs. Lucie read at the library about monster biology, but she read about their inner working, like where the wolf monsters heart is, but not how many different kinds of them are there. Like the general information, not whet they are called, and all that, so she didn't know many of them, but she knew their biology.

The monsters where closing the distance, but Lucie and the team weren't scared, on the contrary, Lucie could see her teammates preparing for the battle, with some fire in their eyes, and she herself was smiling. 

The first to arrive where the flying monsters.

*Ssss..**Gush*

The first was down, Lucie threw one of her knifes and it pierced  one of the monsters head.

*Boom*

Near Lucie another just died, it was Auroras doing. She used her range shockwave to blast it out of the sky and kill it. 

For little while it was like that Lucie and Aurora killing the flying monsters, in the middle of that Emma join them, using the blood of the killed monsters, to make something like blood blades and killing them with those. 

But it didn't last for long, as the monster on the ground started attacking them. The first to attack them was Mara, she activated her beast mode and went wild. Now the fun started. 

Lucie took her katana out of the sheath, and started attacking. The first was black wolf that jumped at her, she dodged it and the slashed it with her katana, cutting it's head of. While Lucies hand was still stretched out a eagle like monster dived at her, with its talons stretched out, using her left hand, Lucie took dagger from her belt and threw it and pierced the monsters brains. 

A red bear with claws that were on fire, attacked Lucie from the back. Using the momentum of pulling her katana back, she stabbed it right in the heart, and threw two needles at the big brown pig that was charging at her, the needles went trough the eyes and in the brains. Although the pig dead the build up momentum of it's charge didn't, its body changing the direction injures raptor like monster, with its tusks.

The fight was brutal, the more Lucie fought the more monsters came. Lucie was surrounded, but she still didn't got big injuries, only some scratches here and there. But even though more monster came, Lucie situation didn't get worse, no it got better. Even though her ability [Super Learning] is on passive, she still learned fast and now she was Tier 2. The more Lucie battled the stronger she got. The monster got less and less hits as the time goes on. 

Of course there are some problematic monsters, that she need to be more careful of, one of them is the bats with light green hide, they use wind magic to shoot air balls from their mouths, needles and knives get blasted away, because of the same balls. So Lucie needs to catch them off guard, but with time she learns more about their movements, and attacks so she adapts and every time it becomes easier to kill them.

Lucie also uses her active mode from time to time, but only in short bursts, as she doesn't know when the fight will end, and even if she can use it longer then before it's still smarter to save mana where you can. 

Lucie was killing monsters left and right, when suddenly a web was shot at her, use used her katana to block, but that was a mistake. At the other end of the web was spider the size of a dog and was pulling the web. As Lucie had other monster attacking her she didn't have time for freeing her katana, so she used little bit of force so when the spider got her katana from her, the blade was heading spiders way with quit a bit of speed, and pierced its head.

Lucie was without her katana at the moment, but she still was going strong, putting her mana in her palms, she started using her hands to attack. Attacking the monsters pressure points.

Even though it didn't slash or cut like her katana, she still paralyzed or out right killed the monsters. It took her some while but slowly she got to her katana, there were some monster that wanted to take the katana, so she couldn't get to it, but using her needles and knives she killed them. Getting her katana back the onslaught continued.

Form time to time Lucie could see her teammates fighting, as there was many monsters around them she couldn't see much, but she could tell that all of them were doing fine.


~Jonathans POV~

Jonathan was the newest member of the evaluation team. This team was made so the UA could evaluate their forces, and what they are capable of. All the members of this team has two things in common, one they have fighting big and good experience, second they are or have been, leaders of some group whos main job needed to battle. 

Jonathan was party leader of some adventurers party, their group was pretty strong. But he retired from the adventurers life style. His party was made up from five people him included. About a year and a half they disbanded the party. It wasn't because there was falling out or something like that. The party was made of, three men, and two women. And there was a couple, they got closer and closer whit time, and that in itself was good, the party even celebrated when they officially declared their relationship. But after some time they were waiting for baby, and as it would be dangerous for the baby, and the mother for her to continue adventuring, the couple decided to quit.

And after that the party slowly disbanded. They are still friends, and Jonathan still contacts them regularly. 

Jonathan right now was standing in a flying cube with his other colleagues and looking down at the battle before them. Well it was more of a massacre then a fight. He could see four people killing monsters, left and right.

Jonathan was holding a tablet, with information about the Team Zero members. At the star he thought that they will need help really fast, because it wasn't normal to fight a horde of monsters for the newbies. 

Jonathan new that they were Tier 2 and trained in the simulation, and that was ok, but fighting horde of monsters and to make it practically one sided, wasn't normal.

First was Mara that he looked at. She was jumping around, and killing monster left and right like a beast. At first Jonathan though she would need help fast, because her fighting style looked that it was biased only on instinct, but he was wrong. Yes her fighting style was wild, but at the same time she knew what she was doing. She dodged and blocked attack she couldn't take, and her attack too were planned out. Although she took more hits the others, it was because of her strong regeneration. Plus she knew, what attacks she could ignore and which not.

Next was Emma, at the start she looked that she will have difficulties, and will need help fast too, but it all was forgotten when she got her hand on the blood, of the first flying monsters. Right now she was controlling so much blood she didn't need to move. Emma had made a dome around her with blood blades spinning around her, any monster that went close enough was shredded to pieces.

Then Jonathan looked in the direction of Aurora. She was killing monsters with ease, just like the others. Any monster that got hit by her directly, got killed or immobilized. Her shockwaves were dangerous, plus her being half dragonkin, her body was sturdy and powerful. If she was surrounded too much at the same time, she would bash her gauntlets together, making a shockwave that pushes, injures or out right kills the monsters.

Jonathan could see them growing in real time, after all even if you train in the simulation, that and real fight were you could die is different, and all of them were growing stringer, refining their fighting techniques, and sharpening their battle instinct. But one of them all was growing in amazing speed,  Lucie their leader.

From the star Jonathan knew that her ability was useful in many fields, but he didn't know how fast she actually learns, but seeing now he is amazed. At the start of the fight Lucie fought differently then now, and he saw that change. First he saw how Lucie made different techniques, to fight flying and ground monsters, then she made different ones to counter by their types, like wolf types, lizard, raptor and so on, and now every species has even green and black wolfs have different ways she deals with them. Yes maybe the moves are practically the same, but there is little difference, even if it's swinging her blade millimeter to one side.

The fight is going on about two hours and it looks about in thirty minutes it will end. Not because the Team will get tired, or somethin like that, but because the monsters will end.

And Jonathan wasn't the only one who was impressed or surprised, as he could see that his colleagues had similar thoughts. Even the old elf, who was a war veteran. Although he didn't look old.


~Lucies POV~

After some time monster got less and less, and right now they were so few Lucie could see her other teammates fighting. She was little startled when she saw Emmas dome.

Lucie saw Emma letting some monsters in the dome and fighting them with her double spear. If Lucie had to guess why, Emma was doing that, probably because she wanted to grow, and not to rely on her ability too much.

As the fight continued the monsters got less and less, until there where none. Around the were dead bodies of monsters. Although these monsters were at the low end of Tier 2 in power, they still were Tier 2 and their numbers weren't a joke.

In the midst of battle, they didn't have time for putting the dead monsters in their storage rings, except Emma. 

''Hey Emma, could you please get the blood off of me?'' As the battle ended Lucie walked to Emma and asked for help. 

Emma used her ability to get most of the blood off of Lucie, there was some dry blood, so Lucie needed move a bit and remove it. After that Lucie went to were she had her battle, and started to store the monster corpses, while Aurora and Mara asked Emmas help to remove the blood. Although the blood looked kind a good in Maras dark purple hair, well... at least the color of it. 

It took some time, to store all the corpses, and while storing them, Lucie found many of her needles and knives, of which many weren't usable anymore.

While they stored the corpses, the four evaluators or judges, that came with them, right now were back on ground. Lucie doesn't know when they got in the cube and flew up, she only some where in the beginning of the battle, suddenly saw them all in flying transparent cube.

After they stored all the monsters bodies, they grouped up and the four judges came to them.

''Well, first off I will tell you that you pass with flying colors. Second your power even took me by the surprise, and after the war I experience it isn't an feat.'' The elf was talking to them with a smile on his face.

''I'm happy to say that all of you have potential. And I saw how all of you were growing in real time, while fighting the monsters. Even though these are at the bottom level at Tier 2, they still have some power and to slaughter them like that, is something amazing. Well then if you are ready let's head back.'' Whit that said, the elf took out from his pocket a blackish purple pearl. It was an teleporting tool used in dungeons, to travel to floors you have been, they come in many shapes and sizes, but usually they are sold like this.

After using mana to activate the magic tool a magic circle was maid under their feet. It took few seconds, and they got teleported back at the first floor, near stairs that leads to the exit. 


After exiting the dungeon, they went back at the room there they met the judges, of course Sara was with them. While on their way to the room Lucie and her team could hear them discussing some things, but they didn't hear clearly, probably because of some kind of magic tool, as they were only few meters behind them.

''So, could you tell your evaluation of them.'' Sara was asking of their evaluation and how Team Zero did, as she needs to write a report about that.

''Alright, so let's start with the battle itself. In this battle they fought against low Tear 2 monster crowd, they didn't need any help, and defeated all of them. What we observed, is that all of them have great potential. Right now as Tier 2 they don't have much power, but with time they will be force to be reckoned with. Also they have good mastery of their abilities, as that was displayed and confirmed in this battle. So basically they passed the test with flying colors.'' While the elf was talking, Saras sky blue eyes were looking at the tablets screen in her hands, and she was writing down what he said. 

''Thank you for your time.'' After finishing what she was doing Sara, thanked them.

Both groups exchanged pleasantries, and the judges went away. Now in the room was only Sara and the Team Zero members.

''Now then, as you passed the test, you will be allowed to roam the UA HQ buildings as you wish, of course there will be places you won't be allowed. And the dungeon is fully opened for all of you. But remember that it's in you free time, when you don't have things to do.'' After they were left alone, Sara told them about, what it meant for them to pass the test.

''Manager I have a question. Where can we sell the killed monsters?'' Lucie wanted to know where they could sell, the monsters bodies, because she didn't want to have their corpses lying around in her ring.

''We will be going at the dismantling place, where all adventures sell their killed monsters or their materials. Now then, I recommend you to change your clothing and then we can go there.'' 

Lucie still didn't know why they need to change their clothes, but she still listened to the manager and changed, and got some stares from her.

After they were ready, Sara lead them to the dismantling place. It was a big hangar like building behind, the adventurers association building. What greeted them there, was a register and a bunny girl, as in she was bunny beastkin. 

''Hello what can I do for you?'' The bunny girl asked them with a smile.

''We would like to sell some killed monsters.'' Sara was the one talking, as she knew what she was doing.

''Very well, pleas follow me and I will lead you to free room.'' With that said, the bunny girl lead them to free room.

In the room was only a big table nothing else.

''Please wait here, soon will come and expert and evaluate your kills.'' With that said the bunny girl left.

''So, I heard from the judges how was your battle, but I do want to know how are you feeling.'' While they were waiting for the expert, Sara asked them how they felt, and how the test was.

''It was kind of interesting. I got to experience how it is to fight real opponents, where some mistakes can injure you, or kill you. Of course the monsters weren't strong enough to be a big danger, but still you had to be careful, after all there was many of them.'' Lucie was thinking back, and the battle wasn't so dangerous that she would die from small mistakes, but if too many or too big were made she could get seriously injured.

''As Lucie said, the monsters weren't that strong, but I did need to adjust, so I don't sustain many injuries. And one of the best parts was that, in these kind of situation people usually grow faster. I learned how to better use my shockwaves, one of the things I learned is that, if I send a shockwave trough the ground it makes a earthquake near me, and with enough power it can split the footing I'm standing. But the test was good for the skill training.'' Aurora too gained something from this battle. And she looked happy about it.

''Indeed, I learned about my limit, of how much liquid I can control. The test allowed me to make some experiments here and there, but nothing big as it still was a fight. And it did help me improve, my mastery of my ability and the close combat.'' Emma said with a smile, as she said that, Lucie still remembers the domain she made, and how it minced some of the monsters.

''It was kind of fun.'' Mara said only that, but Lucie could understand that, after all Maras fighting stile was wild.

''Well, I'm glad you had fun.''(Sara)

While they were talking, they heard some one come in.

''Hello ladies. I will be the one evaluating your kills today.''

The one who came in, was old looking human male.

''Now then I suppose you are the Team Zero, and are back from the test.'' Lucie didn't know how he knew them and that they had a test, but she didn't question it, as Sara was quiet.

''Now then one by one put your killed monsters on the table. Blondie first, then whitie, the purple one, and then blackie, let's go with that order so we don't need to waste time.''

'Did he just...'

Lucie was surprised, and the others weren't exception. After all it isn't every day when, some random old man, just randomly gives you nickname, based on your hair color. Only ones who weren't surprised were Sara and the old man.

It took little time for them to reboot their minds. Emma was the first, she took out all the monster bodies out of her ring, on the big table. Many of her bodies were shredded, and most of them were without blood, of course there were some with only some cuts and pierced organs.

''Well, looks like you have some fine shredded pieces. As many are in bad state the value will drop, and the blood is missing from most of them.'' The old man put some gloves and glasses, he started to inspect the corpses, and he commented here and there.

''The quality isn't the best, but most of them have their mana stones intact, and with this many of them, it will give you a good amount. So, are you selling all of them, or you want to keep some.'' After finishing his inspection, the old man asked Emma, what she wanted to do with the bodies.

''I will sell all of them.''(Emma)

''Ok, the money will be send to you in days time.'' With that the old man pushed some kind of button, as there was terminal on his side of the table, and the table opened up and swallowed the bodies.

''Next.''

Next was Aurora, her killed monsters, were mostly intact at first glance, but you could see many had limbs broken or exploded, there were few that were headless.

''Ohhh~, good job on preserving most of the hide. Many of the organs are damaged, and some have their heads and other limbs exploded, or their bones shattered, but it's not too bad. So the same question sell all or what?'' After commenting and inspecting the old man asked what Aurora wanted to do with them.

''Same, I want to sell all.'' An she had wanted the same thing as Emma

With that said old man bushed the button, and the table was free for the next pile of bodies. 

Mara took out her killed monsters, most of them had cuts and slashes, that looked like claw marks, after all Mara used her claws.

''Hmm~, there isn't much damage on some and on others they, look like they were killed by bunch of big cats. Well still they have good value. So the same question.'' Maras bodies some had minimum injuries, as she killed with one strike, and some had many, as she just went wild. And the same question was asked her when he finished the inspection.

''Sell all.''(Mara)

''Ok, next to the last one.'' He cleared the table and it was Luceis turn.

Lucie took out her pile of corpses, most of her corpses had one or two attack signs, as she tried to kill with one strike.

''Good, good, most of them are intact or killed cleanly, good job. So?'' He inspected and asked.

''I would like to sell everything, except the mana stones.'' Lucie wanted the mana stones for some of her projects she had in mind

''Ok, they will be delivered tomorrow or day after to you, and the money for all of you as I said to blondie, should be sent id days time. So looks like this is all, so I will take my leave.'' He cleared the table and left. Lucie didn't ask anything, dose he knows were to deliver her mana stones, and some other stuff.

''Now then as this is over, you will be sent back to your floor, and the rest of the day you can do whatever you want.'' Sara started to walk outside of the building, and at the limousine. On the way out they saw the same bunny girl smiling at them and waiving at them, and Lucie waived back.

While they were driving back to their floor, Sara explained the finer details, about were they can go and the restricted zones. 

After some while they were back at their mansion.

 

19