Chapter 1 – New World, New Body
227 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What..?

When my eyes opened, a blinding light faded to reveal my new body. A newborn baby’s body.

What happened?? I remember dying in a storm back on Earth, and I ended up in a void called the Universal Rift where I met an elf named Tia. She asked if I wanted to come to her world that was filled with magic. Seeking adventure, I said yes and I was sent to Efrolisa. I had explored for maybe an hour or so before coming across a giant tower, and then... nothing? My memory becomes clouded and I can’t remember anything after that.


So how did I get here? And where am I anyway? Turning my head was still a little difficult, so for now I looked around the room with my eyes. Its design was much different from what I was used to on Earth. The best way to describe it was that it had a luxurious and wealthy feeling to it.

While the area doesn’t feel like it should be that big, probably due to my current size it feels massive.

The room is painted a light shade of pink decorated with silver-colored stars. Along the walls are several large white pillars that extend from the floor to the ceiling of the room. Paintings of scenery were hung in between the pillars, their frames made of gold.

To my left, I can see a couch with a coffee table in front of it. Two pillows are placed on the sides of the couch, probably as decoration. Above the couch is a normal glass window, but no sunlight is coming from it. It’s probably nighttime outside.

However, there is still light coming from the ceiling above me and thankfully said light is fairly dim, allowing me to keep my eyes open without blinding myself. It’s hard to tell, but it doesn’t appear to be a traditional light bulb... or anything else that would be powered by electricity for that matter. Well, I guess that is to be expected though.

I’m assuming that I’m still in Efrolisa, so is this some kind of magic illuminating the room? That’s the only logical conclusion that I can come up with. If true then consider me hyped. I wanna see more!

Anyway, nothing else seems noteworthy about the room, other than the crib that I’m currently laying in. I guess I really have turned into a baby. I managed to lift my hands to where I could see them, and yes I can confirm my previous statement.


I’ve read novels where the main character gets reincarnated in a fantasy world before, but I never thought that the same thing would happen to me. I’m not sure whether I should be happy or not.

To be honest, I’m still confused about the whole situation, but I guess I shouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s difficult to think when someone is crying right next to you. Please lady, stop crying like that, it’s almost contagious.
Although, she does have a smile on her face, so perhaps those are tears of joy?


After taking a few moments to wipe her tears, the lady reaches down and picks me up, lifting my small body into her arms. Normally I would defend myself, but I guess I have no choice in the matter this time huh?

I’m thankful though because now that she’s carrying me, I can get a better look at everyone in the room. The lady cradling me in her arms is probably in her late twenties. She has light pink hair wrapped up in a ponytail that reaches down to her back. Her calming blue eyes watch me with glee, and another tear falls down her face as she smiles.

The dress she is wearing appears to be one that you would wear in a more casual setting, as there aren’t many fancy details in the fabric. Its maroon color, along with a golden outline embroidered at the seams, and black frills around the shoulders and chest help to give it an elegant look, while still being a simplistic design.

As I’m examining her, she kisses me on the forehead, shocking me momentarily. Please miss, don’t scare me like that.

I’m assuming then that this must be my new mother. From what I can see she looks beautiful.

Right beside her is a man likely in his thirties wearing more extravagant clothing. A black jacket with gold buttons running down the middle, and an insignia over his heart sewn with golden thread. A majestic cape hangs from his shoulders, its outer color is black, while red on the inside. His black hair is somewhat short, and he has a full beard neatly wrapping around his entire face.

From the looks of it, he’s probably some kind of nobility, like a duke or an earl.
The man walks over to Mother and gives her a kiss. Taking into account all of the information I can see, I presume that he must be the father. Congratulations!

If this is the case, I’m the son of nobility then. Automatically way better off than in my previous life that’s for sure! Maybe I’ll grow up to become a knight who bravely defends his country, acquiring fame and glory in battle. The king of the country will recognize my efforts and give me his daughter and the throne, where I will spend the rest of my days ruling, pleasing the nobility, and be taken advantage of. Then one day, another lord who wants me eliminated will poison my drink, leaving me to die as he takes over the country in a coup.



Ok now that I think about it, maybe that’s not a good life to live. How about we avoid going down that route at all costs.

Anyway, while I was envisioning that horrible scenario, Mother put me back in my crib after giving me another kiss on the head. I’m still not used to it but at least this time I didn’t get too surprised.

Afterward, she turns to Father and almost starts crying again while speaking.

(Mother)「I-I’ve been so worried for her, but she seems to be fine now that she is awake.」

Yes Mother, now that I’m here everything will be okay— Wait, hold up.

First off, this should be another world, why do I know what she is saying?
The language she is speaking isn’t English, and while I did try learning another language in my previous life, I wasn’t even that good at it. So how come I understand her?
Maybe this is because of Tia? She never said anything about it though so I’m doubtful, if I ever meet her again I’ll have to ask.

Speaking of, where is she? I’d like her to explain this whole situation to me.

Well, for now, I guess I’ll just be thankful instead of worrying about it. It’s better than having to learn a whole new language.

(Father)「That she lives is a blessing to us, we should be grateful.」

Alright, next question, what does he mean exactly? Did something happen to me? I mean, other than dying in a tornado. I know that part happened.
Maybe something went wrong during childbirth? That’s just mildly concerning. Hopefully, there aren’t any lasting effects.

Oh yeah, and most importantly of all. “She”? “Her”?? Please tell me they can tell the gender of their own child.



...

Now that I think about it, since this is a completely new body there’s actually around a fifty percent chance that I was born female, and I’m not exactly sure how to feel about that.

I thought I had originally misheard, but the fact that they keep referring to me as a female can only imply one thing: I reincarnated as a girl.

What the hell?? I’ve been a man for all twenty years of my life, and you expect me to just be okay with this?!


Well to be honest it’s probably not that bad, just going to take some getting used to I guess. I liked being a guy though…
At least this means that I won't need to worry about living through that made-up scenario of mine.


In the meantime, Father was currently letting Mother lean on him as they hugged. What a nice couple they are. They exchanged a few words before separating, although I was unable to hear the rest of what was said. Father walks over to me and caresses my head before leaving the room. 

Mother turns to the two maids who have stayed silent this whole time and speaks with them.

(Mother)「Elicia, if anything happens during her time in your care, please let us know immediately. And Miia, make sure to do your best to help miss Elicia.」

The blonde-haired girl, Miia, is probably in her mid-teens, while the brown-haired woman, Elicia, is well into her twenties. The two of them are wearing black and white maid dresses that reach down past their knees, and a white headband that goes over their head.

Elicia looks over to me and nods. If her job is to specifically look after me, then Mother must have a lot of trust in her. She has probably been a maid for the family for quite some time.

(Elicia)「Yes ma’am.」

Elicia responded without hesitation, she does her job well.

(Miia)「Y-yes ma’am!」

On the other hand, Miia is probably a trainee. While Elicia is mature and dependable, Miia appears to be clumsy and a bit nervous. She is also more emotional it seems, as it looks like she still has a few tears in her eyes. Guess Mother’s crying really was contagious.


They proceeded to have a conversation about something, but it didn't seem that important, so I looked away.

Other than myself and the three ladies, there is only one other person in the room. A boy, not even ten years old, has been standing right next to me, looking down with shining eyes this whole time. Who are you? He is wearing similar clothing to Father, albeit much less luxurious. Is he my brother perhaps? Looking back at Mother I can see a little resemblance, and the boy’s black hair matches Father’s, so I guess that probably answers that.

Hey— quit it!
The boy poked my shoulder with his finger. Even if we are related, that doesn’t mean I’m okay with people touching me when I’m not expecting it.
Despite my silent protests, he continued messing with me. I tried grabbing his hand, but I was too weak to do anything about it. Seeing this, he just smiles at me, does he think I’m playing with him??

Since I can’t really do anything to stop him, the boy carried on. I tried telling him to quit but I was unable to speak. Being a baby sucks.

Thankfully, Mother seems to have finished speaking with the maids and came back over to me. She picked me up and cradled me again, another thing I’m going to need to get used to as a baby.

Since I’m able to get another look at Mother, I’m once again reminded that I’m a girl now. Am I going to grow up to look like her? I mean, she is beautiful, but I’m not sure I’m ready to have the same thing said about me.

Putting me back down, Mother leans in and kisses my forehead again.

(Mother)「Good night Keona, I love you.」

Keona. That must be my name then. It’s kinda nice, I like it.
I was worried that I would dislike having a girl’s name but Keona isn’t that bad. Thankfully I didn’t end up with something like Charlotte or Sophia, I’m not sure I could handle those names.

Mother waves goodbye, and heads towards the door.

(Mother)「Come on Kitaro, it is time for bed.」

(Kitaro)「On my way Mother!」

Kitaro gives me one last look before exiting the room. While I may have been annoyed by his playing, he still seems like a good kid. I hope we can get along in the future.



After a few minutes, Miia bows to Elicia and leaves the room as well, probably heading to sleep. I’m not sure what time it is, but I hope I didn’t cause everyone to wake up in the middle of the night.

Suddenly, the room goes dark. Looking up to where the light was, I can now see a white orb suspended in the air. It’s hard to see, but Elicia has her right hand extended towards the orb, with a faint trace of light connecting the two.

Because the room was now dark, it was easy to see the moonlight shining through the window. I’m not sure how similar Efrolisa is to Earth, but at least it seems that there is a moon here too.

After having turned the light off, Elicia sits down on the couch to rest, the moonlight shining on her back. Is she going to be staying here with me the entire night? I feel bad, she should go get some sleep too, I’ll be fine.
Well, it is reassuring to know that she is nearby.


With almost everyone leaving the room, I guess I finally have some time to think. I’m still overwhelmed by everything that happened, but I’m coping.

I’ve reincarnated as the newborn daughter of an aristocrat family in a completely new, magical world. Not exactly where I thought my life would go, but it definitely is an interesting change of pace. Looking back, the last thing I remember before waking up was finding that giant tower. Perhaps that has something to do with why I was reincarnated? In the future, I’d like to read about the history of this world, maybe that can give me some answers.

In novels, sometimes books are hard to come by for commoners. But if my family is in fact nobility, that means that I should be allowed to read some if I request it. If I’m lucky there might be books about magic I can read too. Maybe someday I can cast fireball or lightning!


After spending some time imagining different types of magic and what they could be used for, I decided to get some rest and closed my eyes.


♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

[Author’s Note]:
Thank you everyone for reading! After the prologue was released back in January I planned to take a few weeks off to prepare the next few chapters. Sadly, I got very busy with other things, and my motivation felt kinda low, but now I’m starting to feel good about writing again. My plan is to get chapter 2 posted in July, and hopefully, I can start posting new chapters every other week after that. I’m excited to continue sharing this story with all of you!

If you have any feedback please let me know.
Thanks! - Cap

4