Chapter 17: Healthy Man
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryzen POV

Studying Medicine at UP Med is like a breeze since I know mostly everything already. I just have to re-read some stuff and I'm good to go. Hence, I spend more time volunteering at La Coron City's city hall.

However, even though I could enter the city hall easily now, it's still a bit hard to see Lennox.

Most days, he would have endless meetings at the conference room or he would always go out and inspect other areas in the city. Seeing it first-hand, I can proudly say that he's doing a good job governing his city.

There were times where I would see him but we would only have a small chat and dine over the pastries I bring. He might be a bit comfortable with me now but I still feel like it isn't enough.

I sighed as I ruminate over my plans. This is really taking a lot longer than I thought...

Lennox is such a complicated character and with this mission, it's making me realise how hard it is to make someone fall genuinely in love with you. It's even harder with a goal-oriented and rational person like Lennox Zevallos.

As if the heavens were listening to me, on this particular day, Lennox inspected our medical mission area.

I think it's been roughly two days since I last saw him and compared to before, his skin got slightly tanned. It didn't devalue his overall appearance though. If anything, it made him more dazzling. With his stern face, thick eyebrows, tall nose and pronounced jaw, it's no wonder the media have called him 'Mayor Babe'.

It's really a fitting nickname since he's young, already a Mayor and an epitome of what politicians should be. He easily stands out because most of the politicians in this country are ugly and corrupt at the same time.

Thankfully, I was the only head manager present today in our volunteer team. I had the natural obligation to greet him and tour him around.

"Hi Lennox! You checking out the medical mission today?" I greeted him warmly.

I really had no qualms with just calling him 'Lennox'. I'm afraid that if I were to suddenly switch to 'Mayor Lennox', there would be a barrier between us. I don't want that. I'd rather be thicken my face and call his name with no formalities.

He looked at me and gave me a small smile. At least, unlike before, I could feel that his smile was more genuine. It was unlike the polite smile he'd always give to everyone.

"Mmm. I've heard a lot about you from Dr. Ging during our meetings and she has endless praises for you. Thanks for your help, Millen." he murmured in a warm tone.

At the thought of my efforts finally being recognised, I could feel subtle blush appear on my face. This medical mission should've been posted earlier on the city hall, so I could've gotten closer to him earlier!

"Not a big deal. But now that you're here, why don't we check your vitals? After all, you are our mayor and we need to be assured that you're healthy." I said in a sweet tone.

He chuckled a bit, as if what I was saying was ridiculous. But then, he sat on one of the chairs anyway. He looked like he was ready to get a check-up.

"I don't think there's any need, because I am a healthy man. But sure, go ahead." he said in a warm voice.

Healthy man? Is he implying anything from that?

My brows momentarily frowned a bit before arranging all the relevant medical equipment that I'd use.

I will personally check him up!

First, I put out the sterilised thermometer and signalled for him to open his mouth. He was somehow amused at first but followed me anyway.

I let the thermometer rest on his mouth for a minute and took this opportunity to admire his face. While I was holding the thermometer, he was looking directly at my eyes, not quivering at all.

In a way, it felt like the longest minute of my life. I swallowed my breath after that and removed the thermometer from his mouth.

"Your body temperature is normal." I said softly.

He had a lazy expression as he acknowledged it, simply nodding at me.

Afterwards, I instructed him to let out his arm so I could check his pulse.

Lennox always wore t-shirts or button-up sleeves and it's not like any different today. However, when he reached out his arm, I couldn't help but admire its physique.

It's large and firm. I could also see the protruding veins on it. Based on my experience, only those who do strenuous exercise could have this type of arm.

I smiled inwardly at that. Even though he's doing law and governing the city, it seems like he's really taking care of himself and exercising whenever he has the time.

Having a body built like that always looks attractive for me. Nowadays, skinny flower boys are preferred by many but I never got the hype about it. They don't have the vigour that I'd like a man to have.

I feel like a man with Lennox's body built naturally evokes feelings of 'protection'. It's difficult to explain, but it's that female instinct of wanting to be protected by a strong and sturdy man.

I felt a bit electrified as I checked his pulse on his wrist area. His skin was cold and mine was warm. As I listened for his heart beat, I feel like I could hear my own heart beat getting faster as well.

At that moment, I enjoyed listening to both his heart beat and mine.

"Pulse rate is normal as well." I announced with a cheeky smile.

Lennox lazily gazed at me before he scoffed a little.

"Done now?" he asked.

"Nope. There's still one last thing to go." I murmured.

I wore my stethoscope and arranged the blood pressure monitor in front. Recognising the procedure, he laid his arms again.

While arranging the blood pressure monitor on his arms, I momentarily touched it and it felt quite good. Who wouldn't enjoy touching a manly man's arms?

I calmed down inwardly. Using my stethoscope and utilising the blood pressure monitor, I checked his blood pressure.

"Hmm. Your blood pressure is normal as well. Indeed, you are a healthy man." I said in a slight coquettish tone.

"Right, I told you so, didn't I? I'm a healthy man." he replied with a smirk.

0