03 – Chaos II
101 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chaos II

What I see beyond the door is something that can’t be described, the horror, the ferocity, the cruelty, the brutality, the madness, is almost like the doors that we blow up is not just a simple blast door but a door to hell itself, a gate to the Immaterium. It so unreal that for a moment I thought this all just a dream, a nightmare, maybe I just to tired and fall asleep while reading the Divine Comedy.  But I know this is real, no matter how much I try to denied it, I know this is real. The feeling of Lasgun in my hand, the sweat running down on my neck, the sound of blood splashing on my boots, the sickening air around me, this is my reality.

Without even seeing other people's expressions, I could feel them getting consumed with their emotions. Their fear, their anger, their hate, were some of the feelings that arose after seeing this scene. Even some of my Kriegsman were getting swayed by their emotions, something they should be able to control.

“HeheHehEhehe …, well, well, well, look what we have here?” the man in the cloak begins.

Even when he speaks in human language, he sounds so weird, so fake, so artificial, like something that try to imitate a human. And you know that the “man” that standing in front of you is not even a “man” anymore.

“A followers of corps worshiper. Are you all came to join us, hmm?” he said.

He mocking us, is he try to make us fall to our emotion? exploiting our angers for his own benefits? Or he just confident with his ability and seeing us as insignificant? Or perhaps all of its? But no matter which is it one thing is clear; this man is dangerous. His existence will bring danger not just for this planet but also to the Imperium and mankind itself. That man needs to Die, the faster it happens the better. I aim my Lasgun at him, the other quickly snapback back to their senses. They start to follow my action and aim their gun at him.

“I see, that’s to bad.” He said in sad tone.

Did he really think we gonna fall for that …? I thought.

“Well whatever, after all, I can still use your dead body.” He smiles from ear to ear, showing his true color. He knows he can’t deceive us so there is one thing he can do.

“COME AT ME, HUMANS” he screams.

“FIRE” I said.

The two squads fire their weapons, with the two Engineers with their Shotguns and the rest of them using their Lasgun try to bring the man down. Their Lasgun produced energy beam that usually enough to tore a man hands from his body, and the Shotgun spitting projectiles enough to kill an ordinary man. The man in cloak emitting a sickening purple cloud from his hand, a cracking sound can be heard from it. With his damned power he created a barrier protecting him from any harm.

“Is this the only thing you all can do?” he mocks.

His eyes emitting a purple glow, his mouth spitting praise and prayer to the dark gods asking for more power. The man and woman behind him who become his sacrifice for his power screams in pain and agony. Blood spill from their body and the room fill with the sound of scream and gunshots. A sickening purple cloud came from his body and it began to coil in his hand, a creak of lightning can be seen gather in his hand. He swings his hand to the front and lightning came from it.

“SCATTER” I ordered.

The man scatter, try to avoid the incoming lightnings from chaos sorcerer. Two of the Guardsman is not reacted quick enough and they pay the price. The lightnings hit their body and they scream in pain.

“GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!”

Their bodies burned and then fell to the floor. Both men were dead.

“TOM …, ROY, … damn it!” say one of the Guardsman.

“Cih, you bastard!”

“You will pay for this!”

Seeing their two friends is dead, rage emerged on the faces of the Guardsman.

“Ray, Vick, let’s kill this bastard!” say one of the Guardsman.

“Yea!”

“Okay!”

Fueled by rage and hatred the three man charged the sorcerer, try to kill him in close range.

“Fools.”

The sorcerer grinned evilly. His hand moves forward and a sickening purple glow formed in his palm. A wave of psychic power hit the three man and throw them against the wall. They hit the wall with full force so it broke some of their bones and then they fell to the ground unconscious.

“Damn those idiots.” The sergeant muttered irritably.

 “Spread out! Try to flank him!” I ordered.

They follow my orders and they spread into small groups, with each group consisting of two or three people. While doing so they keep firing, emptying their magazines, takings cover behinds pile of rubbles or the dead bodies.

“Nuisance insects” he says, and another wave of psychic power hit some of the Guardsman and Kriger, knocking them unconscious.

 “Watchmaster!” I call her.

She peeks her head from her cover and look at me. She gives me a nod, understand what I want to do.  She throws two frag grenades at the sorcerer. Because of his psychic powers, it didn't hurt him too much, but it was enough to do the job. She then throw a smoke grenade to create some smoke. The explosion left him blind and deaf for a moment and the smoke hid us as we lunged at him, it was only for a moment, and that was enough.

Using the sorcerer state of shock and smoke as her cover. The Watchmaster and two of her Grenadiers jumped out of her cover and immediately lunged at the chaos sorcerer. Just a few steps before the Watchmaster plunged her bayonet to his body, the sorcerer regain his composure and stop all three movement with his psychic power.

“Foolish woman,” he scoffed “did you think you and your little friends can stop me?” he smiles filthy.

The smokes still fill the air and obstruct his vision. But he still can see the three incoming Krieger’s. He started to channel more of his psychic energy and try to crush her and her retinue. He planned to make her as an offering for the dark gods, so he wants her alive, for now. The other thought, will just be more useful if they died now. Their blood will give him more power. The sound of bone creaking can be heard from the two Grenadiers and blood poured out of their uniforms. The Watchmaster scream in pain as her body crushed by his psychic power. The sorcerer started laughing like a madman, and then suddenly stopped when he can hear a chainsaw coming from his left. A Commissar with his Chainsword emerged from the smoke.

The Commissar see an opportunity to kill the heretic and take it, with his Chainsaw up in the air he tries to slash the chaos sorcerer. The sound of chainsaw could be heard filling the room. Before he managed to get close enough to swing his Chainsword, the sorcerer with his psychic power lifts the two dead Grenadier body and throw it to the Commissar. He manages to evade the first body only to get stumble and get hit by the second body. The impact makes him stumble backward with the Kriger corpse fall on top of him.

“Ah, look what we have here? A Commissar!” he says with condescending sneer.

“I like your spirit but don’t worry, your time will come. So, stay there and enjoy the show.”

While all this thing happens, I take my chances to sneak behind him. I step out from the smokes and appear behind his back. I run as fast as I can be trying to stab him before he realized. Luckily, he was still so focused on the Watchmaster and the Commissar, he still not notices me. A few more steps before I hit him, he turns back and see what is coming.

“!? What !?”

He let go his psychic power that still been use to hold the Watchmaster body and turn around to the unexpected enemy. In panic he swings his staff diagonally, try to stop me. His staff manage to hit my head and brought me to a halt. I could feel the blood coming out of my forehead, my consciousness was thinning and I had a hard time keeping my body standing. I fall to my knees and try to stand up again, but my body refuses to move. I can feel my body getting press down by unseen power.

He concentrates, try to gather more power from the Immaterium. With his eyes glow in purple color and move his hand towards me. A glowing purple cloud with its creaking sound gathers in his hand, proofing that he has gathered enough power to unleash his psychic power to me. And before he able to do it, a single shot hit his back. He looks back and see the Watchmaster, with her trembling body holding a Lasgun on his hand. The gunshot wound he received made him lose his concentration, and the connection between him and the Immaterium was severe.

“You! You will pay for this!” the sorcerer spat.

The psychic energy flow from the Immaterium to him uncontrollably, his body started to mutate and changing. His body become corrupted by the damned power and the Daemons that try to posses his mind and body. The only thing that prevents all of that happen is his rage and hatred is strong enough to somehow control the flow of energy, for now. He was planning to use this people as sacrifice to the Chaos Gods and open the gate for the Daemons so they can manifest in this world. But now, all of plan and reason left his mind and the only thing he wants was the dead and suffering of the Watchmaster and all this people by his own hands, while he still sane.

But that will never happen. Because while that shot will not kill him it also gives another thing, a chance. While he busies try to control his psychic power, his power no longer restraint my body. I stand up and with my Lasgun and it bayonet in my hand, I thrust it to his neck. Bayonet pierce through his neck. The sorcerer only can stare in disbelief with his mouth gasped try to convey something. But before he can do something or worse become the Daemon vessel, I pull my trigger and a beam of energy comes out through its barrel. His head blow up upon impact and his body fall to the ground.

Its over, the man is dead. I stood next to his body and fire a few shots just to make sure, a little paranoid is good for your body in this world. The smoke starts to clear out and now I can see what happened after the battle. Some of the man lay down on the ground either dead or unconscious. The Watchmaster stand up and move to my side.

“Are you alright?” I ask her.

“I will life, sir.” She croaked.

Huh, typical of her. I thought.

“Good, I will be sad if something happen to you.” I said it in flat tone.

After two year working with you, I known how reliable and sensible you are. You are just to important to let go for my safety retirement. I thought.

“S-sir.”

Her voice sounded a little embarrassed to hear my statement. But I didn't pay much attention to it and focused more on the two people who approached me.

“Thank the Emperor, you kill him.” The Commissar said with delight

“You can say that again.” Said Sergeant Malta.

“You two seams fine.” I said.

“Yes, though I can’t say for my squad.” Said Sergeant Malta. He might say it expressionlessly but the look in his eyes showed that he just lost his comrade.

“What the situation Sergeant?” I ask him.

“Five of my man is dead and two of them is injured and unconscious.” He says as a matter of fact.

From the looks of it, his squad is the most one that get hit.

“I see, Sergeant Malta, I want you and your man that can still move to bring the dead and the injured to outside. Make sure they get what they need.” I decided.

“Understood!” said Sergeant Malta

“Watchmaster, I want you check our own squad and do the same, Leave two or three people here. Then bring some people with a Flamers here and contact the HQ that we have secure this place.” I said

“Yes, Sir! But what about you?” the Watchmaster ask.

“I will stay here and finish the job.”

“Can I stay as well?” she asks.

“No. You are injured, go to the medic. Commissar Thouless, make sure my commands are executed correctly.”

“Yes, sir! I will not fail you.” he replied excitedly.

They then moved to carry out their orders. A few minutes later and the only people in this room is me and the three other Krieg Guardsman.

“Now then, let’s give this man and woman some help.” I said.

There is some man and woman that still alive in this room. Their body may be fine, even if they lack of limbs, I’m sure the Tech-Priest can give you some of their blessed steel to replace it. But their mind and soul are not. So, there is only one thing you can do. Death.

I raise my sight and aim at their head and pull my trigger giving them a quick dead. The other start to do the same.

The battle for this fort may have end, but the war for this planet is just begun.

4