CAISSA
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The walk back to the main house was short but I did my best to lengthen it as long as I could. It was already dusk and some of the stars had appeared. They are clearer now...since we are away from the pollution of the city lights.

I do not...have a home. My mother was the former matriarch so the law dictates I should inherit the title but I was still a child back then, so matriarch Thalassa stepped in and led the family. But the succession was unclear now, Vanessa and I share the same birthday and age.

A scandal, that's what it was. The law dictates that the matriarch should give birth first to an heir before any younger sibling could have a child of their own so that there would be no contention for the succession...but mom did not mind it and I don't.

Vanessa is the closest thing to a sister to me. She shared everything she had with me, her toys, her stories, anything she had we shared and anything I had we shared.

The night crept on to us fast. I had dinner alone, Vanessa was apparently too tired to eat. As I sat on my bed, I could not help but peek out of the window.

There on the far west a little shed I saw Lux heading there. Malice was walking beside him. the monkey was beautiful, with its lustrous golden fur it fits Luxuria really well.

Rueben was strong and powerful; a regal neck and strong wings. Desideria was graceful and her feathers had a beautiful metallic sheen to it. Estella was gorgeous with her red eyes and pure white plumage. Every single one of my clan's familiars are exotic... like a magdiwang familiar should be.

Except for Elpis.

Except for my Elpis. I balled my hands into fists. I will do anything to escape this prison. I will do anything to have Elpis back, even if it means I'll dance with the devil himself.

As I tuck myself into my bed, waiting for drowsiness to come to me...I could hear Elpis' song. His soft baying to the moon, was a lost lullaby I have not forgotten, merely fogged up by...memories I'd rather forget.

As the soft bays continues sleep crept up to me, and I curled into a blissful slumber, letting the lone tear ran through my cheek unwiped.

0