Chapter 7: A New Nanny
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke actually prioritises getting enough sleep but today, he didn't sleep even just for a bit.

Although he made it his resolution to calm down and disregard what he saw today, he just could not do it, especially after talking to his son.

In fact, it seems like the troublesome feelings he had have only worsened.

"Really, Papa? You would do it? And as soon as possible, right?" George asked in a cheerily voice.

Luke only remember nodding at his son's request, not knowing the weight of the response he just let out.

Upon remembering the scene and thinking about his son's happy expression, Luke realised that he was really not in control of the situation. With his son's puppy eyes, how can he even think of declining his request?

And even though he has the choice to take back what he just promised to his son, he just couldn't do it. Actually, he even fears doing it since it might be the first time that his son would lash out on him, especially seeing how he was in pure bliss earlier.

But what about him? What about his sanity?

To be precise, his son just asked him to hire that woman as his son's nanny, which would mean that she would live with them in the mansion.

He'll not only see that woman every day, he's also going to live with her...

At the thought of that, Luke lightly smacked his head.

He was not thinking rationally. He knew he was overexaggerating with his words. With how large their estate is, how can he see her, right? In fact, he doesn't even stay most of time here and mostly here during night or early morning.

"Screw it..." he murmured before finally being taken over by his drowsiness.

***

When Luke woke up the next day, the visible dark circles under his eyes could not be denied. He also had a little bit of headache.

Nevertheless, he believed that his mind was a little less fuzzy at the moment. Now, he could actually read through paperworks and have the energy to go out later in the afternoon.

Although Luke felt that, it didn't seem the same for his butler, Hamish.

Being the formal butler he is, he did not dare to say anything in front of his master. But throughout the years of serving him, it is really the first time that he has seen his master to be in such a grungy appearance.

It started yesterday, didn't it? But then, Hamish could not possibly pinpoint the reason why his master was acting that way. As far as he knew, Luke's business transactions were actually moving pretty great. And so far, there hasn't been any whining from the Dowager Duchess, Luke's mother.

"Hamish." Luke said in a serious tone.

At the call of his name, Hamish became attentive, "Yes, Your Grace?"

Luke stopped signing the papers on his desk for a while and looked at Hamish.

"I need you to do me a task again... it's related to that woman yesterday that Little George met."

Although Hamish tried to keep his composed expression, his eyes could not help but widen a bit. Oddly enough, Hamish felt that it would be a strange task if it was related to that woman.

"Apparently, after my son found out that she has experience with child care, he was eager to have her as his new nanny. It's good isn't? No need to go through the trouble of finding new one. Now, it is my son personally picking it." Luke said in a monotone.

"But, Your Grace.... The Dowager-"

Before Hamish could even finish his sentence, Luke gave a sharp gaze and unknowing smirk at him.

"Don't worry about it... It's me making decision for my son. Just make the contract quickly and go find her." Luke murmured.

Left with no words, Hamish bowed slightly at Luke.

"I understand, Your Grace."

***

At the office reserved for a butler like him, Hamish was currently panicking.

Even though he was composed earlier, he actually could not believe that his master would even offer that kind of prestigious job to someone like that woman.

Actually, he understood Luke's sentiments. It was for the Young Master George, his only son. He can totally empathise with that.

However, this kind of work, picking the Young Master's nanny... it was usually something that the Dowager Duchess decided on.

If she found out that His Grace will be hiring someone that is not from Norland, a foreigner and have no commendable experience on top of that, just how would she react? Knowing the Dowager Duchess, she will probably take it out on the Young Master George the most...

Hamish could not even bear to imagine the whole scenario. He felt truly sorry for his masters.

However, since the task was in front of him, he just needed to do it efficiently, right? He will make sure that the woman, Dalena Angeles, will be someone suitable to the role.

1