Prologue: The Beginning
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue: The Beginning

Another pointless, boring day at school. Michael ran his hands through his disheveled hair, his tangled locks a remnant of a sleepless night. Fatigue was evident across his face, bags forming underneath his dark blue eyes. His unfocused gaze fixed on the clock, watching the minutes inch by.

If only there was something exciting to do.

He smiled, imagining what peculiar activities he’d indulge in once he returned from this purgatory of a school. In his mind, anything would be preferable to his current predicament.

“Now, I’m sure you know the ins and outs of the Egyptians by now, but today I’m going to cover something more… mystical” Mrs. Hill announced dramatically, sweeping Michael out of daydream. Uh ohMrs. Hill always took on a dramatic tone when she found her students uninterested in a topic.

“This,” she began to draw a large circle on her whiteboard, adding hieroglyphs spiraling inwards, eventually converging on a single point. “is the Circle of Isis.” Clap! “I’m going to need everybody’s attention for this lesson please!” Despite her serious tone, a small giggle flew from her mouth after observing her students jolted out of their sleep.

“These symbols here represent a long line of text, which I will not translate for you, but it is known that it was Heka, which in simpler terms, is Egyptian magic. Weird right?” Without waiting for an answer, she pointed to three sets of hieroglyphs. “These words are Ra, Ka, and Men, which sounds really weird to say!”

“I can’t imagine going up to people back then and just going, [Ra] [Ka] [Men]!” She exclaimed in a very masculiine voice, giggling after her feat. “Alright everybody, say it with me! [Ra] [Ka] [Men]!”

Is it getting brighter in here? “[RA] [KA] [MEN]” The students echoed back. Oh yea it’s definitely brighter. “Mrs. Hill, I think your lightbulb might be breaking!” Someone shouted.

“What’s going on?”

“It’s so bright!”

“My eyes! My poor eyes!”

The light enveloped the room, quickly becoming too bright to bear, and Michael forced his eyes shut. It pierced his eyelids anyway, becoming even brighter than before! Faster and faster, the world became nothing, all that remained was the light.

His world became white as he gave up on being calm, instead plunging his head towards his desk, but there was nothing there! He fell forward still, his face diving into the floor, causing even more panic.

“What’s going on?” An unfamiliar voice pierced through the herd of screaming people.

“Your Highness… We messed up!”

What the hell?!

2