Chapter 2
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few miles west of the lake of Milk Rock a decent size chunk of the town consist of cheap houses with a laughably small backyards. The houses seem as if they were built at the start of the century, with their washed out colors and the cracks on the wall. Dying brown plants begging for water and rest from the sun. It was a place you can get anything at just the right corner. A man was in one of the backyard talking to some animals, a dog and cat.

"Why don't you guys try to be something different" said the man to the animals. The dog rushed after the cat with immense speed.

"Why do you guy fight all the time? Isn't it tiring?" the man asked. The dog and the cat moved and interacted with the world so different as if they were in different dimensions. The dog went about ramming in the obstacles in it way sloppy, making mistakes over and over again, where as the cat gracefully pasted them with the fluently not daring to make a mistake knowing t will cost him death.

"I wish I was a dog with no care in the world" then he looked at the dog.

"If I was a dog I would probably be thinking different" he said as he continued staring at them racing around backyard making sure there were no spot let untouched.

"Can't you guy stop fighting?"

"They probably can't stop since they don't talk the same language to come to an agreement"

"What a stupid predicament to be in, they should learn the language or get a translator"

"What if they went through all of that trouble just to never listen to one another?"

Near the man was a pathway were a plot of grass reside is hammered down with continuous walking and running of people to their destination through two houses. The place was silent for sometime then a series of noises descended from the pathway. The sounds came from a man with a bag over his head appears to be running for his life followed by two men dress in police uniforms. The cop leading the charge uniform were white with blue strips so bright as if they want to blind people and be noticed , he was a quick and strong with his well built body that can be obtain with years of training. He had strong features across his face such as strong and focused blue eyes and bony nose. Behind him was his opposite, a rather fat man that looked like he would fall over at any second .The man covered in black with the bag over his head tripped and fell with the two cops swarmed all over him.

""Get off me" the bandit screamed as the cop tackled him on the ground.

"You hear that Mitch he's giving us orders now" said the cop as he's trying get as much hit on the bandit as possible.

"That piece shit made us ran all over this shit hole, Rick give that dumbass some hits for me too" Mitch said as he leaned on a tree to support him.

"You're making a mistake, I'm with someone" said the bandit. His pulsing body struggled recklessly on the ground like he was trying to cause an earthquake. 

"Whose that your boyfriend?" Mitch ask.

"We are with the government so let's see how that will work out" Rick said.

"Government my ass times change you dumb fuck" the bandit yells at the top of his lung.

Bang!

The bandit screams and his pulsing body all came to a stop within a blink of the eye, all that was left was his blood gushing out of his body from bullet hole on the worn out grass from the path the men are.

"Looks like times haven't change after all" Rick said as he place his gun back in the holster.

"Fuck sake what you do that for?" Mitch yelled at Rick rising his hands.

"Trying to prove my point that's all" Rick said.

"To who? can't be him since he's dead" Mitch hand fell to his sides in defeat.

"To us. Just give him a gun" Rick said with a smirk.

"You just love giving me more work to do"

"Should have went to a simpler job" Rick said. He continued "Let's get this place cleaned up Mitch"

"I never knew they teach you that in police school Rick" said the man in the backyard. The man was tall with a rather handsome face.

"Oh, hey Bill since you just came here to this town you might not know this but I will tell you so you wouldn't ask again. I had the highest scores in school. even the mayor gave me a medal" said Rick.

"That nice and all but did a blind man mark your test papers?" asked Bill.

Mitch laughed.

"Shut up Mitch" shouted Rick at him.

"It would be sad if I tell the chief of what I just saw, I wonder if you could handle it" Bill said..

"Depends if you can handle a bullet to your head"

"Good to know Rick, now if you can excuse me I should head up and call the police. Good to see you" Bill said as he turned to walk on a narrow path up to his home.

"Good, we will be right here waiting for them" Rick said while looking at the disappearing back of Bill.

"Good to see things haven't changed" A man with scar on his face and a gold ring on his index finger said in a red car that looks as if it was just brought from the car dealership on the road near Bill's backyard.

"Paul what do you mean? the town have more cars on the street you ever saw in your life and we can put those computers in our pants now" the man next to Paul said.

"Those are the small stuff" Paul said while looking at the incident with bandit and the police.

0