Prologue: Awakened as a System
181 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Heng blinked, finding himself suddenly in a world of white.

 

Welcome to the Other Space. 

 

You have been selected as a prime candidate to become a System Operator. 

 

Do you wish to accept?   

 

The disembodied voice reminded Su Heng of a robotic female AI assistant, generic and impassive in tone. After digesting her words, Su Heng realized that he was most likely dead and in some sort of limbo. However, the words ‘system operator’ reminded him of those transmigration novels he would read during his breaks. Could this be…?

 

“What happens if I don’t accept?” Su Heng asked curiously. 

 

Your soul will be returned to your world. 

 

Su Heng blinked. He hadn’t expected that. Usually, in those transmigration novels, the protagonist would be threatened with death or something equally sinister. 

 

However, in your world, because you died with many regrets, your soul will be left to linger as a wandering spirit for at least a thousand years.

 

‘Ah… there’s the catch,’ Su Heng thought with a sigh. 

 

“Okay, I’ll accept.” He didn’t hesitate. Transmigrating to different worlds versus wandering as a resentful spirit? That was a no brainer choice for what’d he pick. 

 

Congratulations! You have now been assigned as a System Operator for System #3435! Please take a moment to read the manual. Once you are done, you will know what to do! 

 

Su Heng felt like the voice seemed a little frivolous at the end. 

 

Suddenly, appearing out of thin air, a large text-book appeared right in front of Su Heng. On the dusty blue hardwood cover, the words ‘System Operator Manual’ were engraved. Su Heng resigned himself to fate and plopped down onto the ground, opening up to the first page of the large manual. 

15