Chapter 2: Reunion
400 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Only hours passed and Izuku was released from custody. The doctors were stunned. A quirkless teen was shoved into an emergency bay with fatal injuries, and then a week later, was diagnosed perfectly healthy without any injuries. It took them a few days before they could stabilize the unconscious teen's body for crying out loud!

His mother, Inko Midoriya, was notified about the incident and she quickly left everything at home, important or not. When she arrived, Inko was devastated.

Her son, her only son that she loved most in this world, was laying in an emergency room filled with doctors operating on his body. She got a few glances on her son's condition and it horrified her.

She lamented the situation. Why didn't she go strong on her son when she knew he was hurting? Why did she relent to her son's excuses, even though she knew it wasn't appropriate? Why did she never act when she knew her son was going through something horrible?

She failed him. She failed her son. She failed Izuku.

She didn't move from her spot in the hospital, always waiting the news of her unconscious son. The doctors were worried for her health, but she didn't even budge. Instead, they offered her food while she waited.

A few days later, she was finally given good news. Her son was stable, and he had no threat to his life at the moment. This relieved the mother so much that tears began dropping from her eyes.

She was given the permission to come and visit her son whenever she wanted, granted it wasn't that late into the night or too early in the morning. After spending a few hours on watching her son, sleeping peacefully on the bed, as well as hearing about the damage on his body, she broke into tears once more.

It didn't even help that the doctors said the reason for why her son was in this state.

Her son tried committing suicide. Her sweet, caring, and lovable child, tried to end himself. She didn't know what was going on in her son's life, but she knew when it drew the line.

So, after that day and getting a night's rest, she stomped off towards his school, Aldera Middle School.

She had a talk with the teachers, some of his classmates, and even the principal. This was no joke of course. If this suicide scandal was to be spread around, the reputation of said school would plummet.

Inko observed, listened, and concluded, that this school never gave a fuck about Izuku. Whenever she tried asking why he came home in bruises, they brushed it off saying that they didn't know, and that probably he was injured on the way home. Inko spotted a liar when seeing one. She was the mother of a genius, observant teen after all.

She was infuriated, but she knew if she ever filed a case against them without solid evidence, she would lose. She hesitatingly receded and then went on to find the only person Izuku considered as a friend.

When she saw him, he was busy bullying someone from another class with his usual entourage. Using his quirk nonetheless! The other students just passed by the group, even the teachers did so. This confused her, why was he getting away with it? Why did no one even bother to help the poor victim? Right after the bullying session which lasted about 5 seconds, Katsuki began walking away with his underlings. He was saying something…

And when she heard what came out his mouth, she was filled with rage.

"I wonder where that damn Deku went off? Don't tell me that weakling Deku ran away? Nah, that pansy won't run. If he did, I'll find him and blast him to kingdom come!"

She took a step forward, only to halt as she thought about what her son would say to her if he realized that his mother maimed a student, a friend no less. Even if the explosive teen deserved every second of it.

With great hesitation, the mother backed off, only to pull up her phone and call an old friend.

"Hello? Bakugou residence."

"Mitsuki, I have something to tell you."

[][][][][][][][][][][]

Izuku glanced around in his old jumpsuit, holding the hands of his mother. He longed for this. For many years. He thought that what happened was just a dream, but no, everything back in that world, back in Lordran was reality.

The reason being the strength he had back there, it transferred to here. Even his arsenal of armors, weapons, and items he collected and hoarded were brought here. Only, it became a part of him.

He tried it, only once in the hospital though when nobody was around. He found out that for some reason, the bottomless box, as well as that bottomless satchel that he had became some sort of dimensional inventory. He could pass it off as his quirk though, so no problem on that front.

The only problem was his strength. He was no longer a normal human. Heck, he could probably beat Endeavor in a straight-out fist fight. All Might though, now that was something else.

Then, there was also his pyromancy. He was at a loss on what to do with this. He has dimensional storage, superhuman strength, some type of regeneration, sorceries, and then his pyromancy.

Let's not forget the miracles… And if it did follow him, his pseudo-immortality.

All in all, it looked like not a quirk, but something a Demi-god could have. He was afraid. Back in that world, power and knowledge was all one needed, and nobody would bother you. Here though, you could pretty well be labeled as a freak show and hunted down by the governments for being too powerful to control if he just gave them a tiny, simple reason.

He was then brought out of his muttering (turns out he retained that same muttering habit) by his mother who nudged him in the head with a smile.

"Izuku, I'm glad you're safe," his mother gently relayed to the Izuku, who then responded by beaming a huge smile. One he had not done so in years.

"I am too, mom," Izuku hugged her, his emotions spiraling out of control from this hurricane of relief, love, and joy.

"I will never let you go, mom."

9