Chapter 16: Secrets Shared, Chaos Arise
230 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izuku arrived at the hospital along with the other students. Once there, all of them were ushered into rooms according to lethality of injuries. Izuku was placed with those who are less injured, those included Ochako, Momo, Kyoka, Kaminari, Mineta, and Tsuyu.

"Damn it…" Izuku cursed aloud. Reason being more than half of the class were injured to the point where they needed extensive healing. This got the attention of the other students who were pondering about their grim situation.

"Hey, Midoriya, you okay?" Momo asked while sitting on the bed. There were wraps on her hands indicating some minor injuries. Nothing too serious.

"No, I'm not," being honest about the current situation, Izuku replied with a downtrodden head. This got the other present students to tilt their heads in confusion, save for Ochako.

"… You know something, don't you?" Kyoka said while playing with her earphone jacks. This got the other students in the dark, a.k.a everybody except Ochako to stare at Izuku with intensity. Izuku didn't flinch and nodded, eyes unfocused from too much pondering.

'I wonder…' Izuku brought his eyes up and met eyes with the other students, staring at Izuku as if he would croak up information. Well, they were right.

"Listen, you all might not believe me, so we'll wait for the police to come take our inputs," Izuku stated with an accepting face.

"Why not now Midoriya?" Tsuyu asked with a finger on her chin. Izuku glanced at her before closing his eyes.

"Because… I don't like repeating myself," Izuku said, hiding his rising unease. Unease not from the fact that his secret would go out, no, unease from recalling his suffering rather. After all, nobody would want to go through hell over and over again.

The tone in Izuku's voice prompted the other students to relent from their questioning. A few minutes of silence, the door to their hospital room opened and in came two people. One wearing a trench coat, and the other wearing a police uniform.

"Good morning students. I am Detective Tsukauchi. Mind if I gather some of your inputs on the… incident?" this got some students to tense and recall the… horrible event with fear.

Tsukauchi then began with the closest, who was Momo, then Kyoka, Tsuyu, Mineta, and Kaminari.

The information given were all truth, as stated by Tsukauchi's quirk. But there was one underlying point that ALL of the students stated once and kept quiet.

Izuku and Ochako.

"Now then, Ms. Uraraka, we'll start with the simple questions first," Tsukauchi said while Ochako nodded weakly, still shaken up about her death.

"Name?"

"… Uraraka Ochako."

"Mhm… Age?"

"15."

This went on for a few times until they finally arrived at the important ones.

"What happened in the USJ?" Tsukauchi asked while twirling a pen with his right hand and a notepad held tightly in his left.

"… I-It just happened s-so fast… There w-was that portal villain, t-then those… sword wielding… villains?" Ochako questioned herself. "H-huh…? I-I can't remember…?"

Once she said that, Izuku's eyes widened. He gritted his teeth, but made sure that he didn't show it.

"Hm?" Tsukauchi raised an eyebrow at the sudden claim of amnesia. And most important of all, his quirk registered it as TRUTH.

"I see… Well then, thank you for your cooperation," Tsukauchi said as he glanced around the room, noticing that the other students were staring wide-eyed at Ochako.

"How about you Mr. Midoriya?" Tsukauchi said before being stopped when Izuku got up on his feet and stared at him, then glanced around the room before going towards Ochako who was having a problem with her memory.

"Ochako, what can't you remember?" Izuku inquired while giving Ochako a relaxing smile. Ochako locked eyes with him for a moment before racking her brain for any missing memories.

"… I know that we are 20 s-students in class… but I can't seem to r-remember you…" Ochako replied as she pointed at Mineta. Hearing this, Tsukauchi's quirk registered it as truth, while the other students were plain shocked that Ochako forgot the most memorable classmate in their entire class for the wrong reasons.

"…" Izuku stayed silent for a few seconds just staring at Ochako who was silently trying her hard to remember the purple haired teen in front of her.

"Okay, Detective Tsukauchi, you wanted my input, right?" Tsukauchi nodded, pen and paper ready, and an audio recorder recording in his pocket. Izuku sighed before showing everybody in the room the cursed circle.

He first took of the hospital gown. Thankfully, he had shorts on. His toned body full of scars on every part of his body exposed towards the people inside the room, shocking everybody except for the males who already saw it in the locker room.

Then on his chest, a circle manifested. Burning flames licking Izuku's skin, causing it to sizzle. Then it happened. Skin wrinkling, body thinning, it was like seeing a person drying up in just seconds.

The students had to hold in their barf just because of how disgusting it is. Tsukauchi however, had incredibly wary eyes glaring at Izuku.

"How are you connected to those sword-wielding villains?" Tsukauchi quickly asked, shocking the listeners again.

"Heh, funny you should ask," Izuku smiled weakly as he recalled the memories of the Abyss Watcher. "First and foremost, you should know that they aren't villains."

If Tsukauchi ever thought to drink himself silly someday, this day was the day. Because what Izuku said was registered by his Quirk as TRUTH! So by this, it means that Izuku really believed that those unknowns weren't villains.

"… How do you know that?" Tsukauchi asked in response.

"… You know what, do you have a contact that can read minds and memories…?"

7