Chapter Five: An Enlightening Conversation
1.9k 17 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the abrupt hiatus! I’m back! Explanation at the end of the chapter.

EHHHH?!

 

Ta-dah! Did I surprise you? Ehe hehehe.

 

Whaaaaat? How???

 

Whaddya mean how? I’d have to be a complete idiot to not recognize you talking in my head. It wasn’t like you were that stealthy anyways, you know?

 

Muuuu… I thought there was no way you’d catch on. 

 

Well, I feel kind of insulted. Do you really think I’m that dumb? Of course I heard you laughing and giggling at my jokes. And just because I’m asleep doesn’t mean I’m not aware. I have fought in war before, you know? I’m definitely an idiot, but I take pride in the few things I’m good at.

 

EH? You could hear me laughing? Could’ve sworn I wasn’t projecting my thoughts to you.

 

Yep, totally could hear you. What’s this thought projection thing you’re talking about?

 

It’s part of the vow I took. It lets us easily project our thoughts to each other. 

 

Mhm. So that had more hidden benefits....wait easily? Is it hard normally?

 

Yeah it’s pretty difficult normally for a god to talk to a mortal for some mundane reasons.(Not that that would stop me from watching you)

 

Huh, I guess that makes sense...and if the reasons aren’t important, I guess I won't ask about them….wait what did you say at the end? Are you some type of stalker?!

 

Guilty as charged, fufufu.You are very funny, my adorable little slug, I can’t really hold my laughter back around you.

 

Oi, don’t try to flatter me to try to change the subject, you crimson eyed creeper! Haah, and I almost forgot that I was a pitiful slug, well whatever. Why would you try to wake me up, if you were trying to go undetected?

Who wouldn’t want their wife waking them up? I was fine with you figuring out, if from that. I’m still a bit surprised you noticed this quickly.

 

Is this the part where I’m supposed to get flustered and start stuttering, then say something cute? Hold on, give me a second to compose myself. Alright, here we go.

 

W-ww-wife!? Who’s wife? N-nnn-not mine! We barely know each other...n-not that I mind….if-if it's you..

 

Hehe. I nailed that! But seriously, don’t you think you’re moving too fast? I really don’t know you. 

 

Hmmm. I guess that’s true for you. But I’ve known you for a very long time. I am your lover from your past life, remember? Well, past past life is probably more accurate now.

 

Ah, yes, I remember vividly….SIKE! No, I DON’T remember at ALL!! Thank you for bringing that up though. Interrogation time, MUAHAHA-ACK. How do I keep choking on a mental laugh? Anyways…Wouldn’t you know the me from that life? It doesn’t really make sense, seeing as I could be a completely different person….So why do you like me anyways?

 

Hi, you’ve reached the voicemail of Maua, I am currently not answering those questions so please leave a message after the sound of the beep. BEEP!

 

Voicemail? Wait. WHADDYA MEAN YOU’RE NOT ANSWERING?!

 

I’M. NOT. TELLING~ tehee. You’ll just have to figure that yourself.

 

Haaah. So it’s come to this, huh? Guess I’ll have to pull out my trump card. I’ll call you Maua onee-chama if you tell me. Final offer.

 

Grrr. So tempting… but no. I can’t. I’m literally forbidden from telling you. But, I can answer some other questions you might have.

 

Tch. I guess it was worth a shot. But aren’t you an airhead who doesn’t know anything?

 

RUDE! I’ll have you know that I’m quite knowledgeable.

 

Yeah, right. Last time I asked you about what would be crucial information, all you replied with was ‘dunno’. Just admit it, you’re a bit of an idiot. It’s fine, it doesn’t make me look at you different, ahem, much, ahem. 

 

I AM NOT AN IDIOT! And what was that at the end, hmm? The reason I said ‘dunno’ is because I didn’t know if I could tell you.

 

Wait what? But you said you didn’t pay attention? So what does it matter?

 

I said I didn’t pay much attention. The word much is subjective. I do know quite a bit, but not much by my standard. And I did a bunch of research just so you would praise me. So please do so~

 

Eh? What? So you're actually not an airhead? And now that you explained it that way you didn’t even break your god’s vow. Doesn’t that make me the real idiot?

 

I told you I wasn’t. And yes, you’re the dummy, but I love you unconditionally~ .Anyways what do you want to know?

 

So you’re actually going to answer them?

 

Yes, yes so ask away. Unless I can’t. 

 

Umm...I wasn’t really expecting that so…. ummm… can you tell me about evolutions first?

 

Ah. Okay. So basically evolutions are something that happen in monsters and most demihumans. At a certain level, which changes depending on the individual, the system allows them to switch into a similar, but generally more powerful, creature.

 

What do you mean by similar?

 

Umm, for you, probably something like phylum? I guess that would be the most accurate comparison? It's pretty broad, but you can’t completely change what you are. 

 

Phylum, huh? Like the taxonomic ranks? Hmm. That's really broad. For me?

 

Yeah, like the ranks. You’re pretty special. For reasons I can’t quite say right now. But most people are limited to something similar to the same order.

 

 Eh? Alright I won’t push it then. So if I remember correctly, slugs are arthropods right? Is it fine for me to think of it like that anyways? You said it's similar, but I assume it's not the same.     

 

Uh, no. I took the liberty to look it up for you. Slugs are mollusks. And it's fine for you to think about it that way, I think?

 

Okay great! So I shouldn’t be stuck as a slug forever! Awesome. Now mollusks, hmmm...they include snails, slugs, and…..ummm. 

 

Squids ,octopi ,cuttlefish and bivalves.

 

Ah yeah, that's right, thanks. Wait, squids and octopi! And this world has mythical creatures right?

 

Yes, it most definitely does. Like most of the ones from the myths and more.

 

I see. MUAHAHAHA-ACK! Again?

 

Are you thinking what I think you’re thinking?

 

Probably?

 

Aiming for Kr-

 

Shuush! Don’t say it out loud.Geez. Wait, that's an option?

 

For you? I can almost guarantee it.

 

Oh then in that case, I’m totally aiming for that.

 

Then what were you actually thinking about?

 

Uh. Nothing...Next question! Umm. Can you tell me about my friends or at least reincarnation in general?

 

There's restrictions on information about reincarnated individuals. Sorry, can’t say anything about your friends.*wink wink* But whenever someone in the many realms dies, they are put into the reincarnation system. Generally they will stay in that realm unless a person of power from another realm grabs their soul. 

 

Interesting. I see what you did there. Thank you. And that is relieving to know. Thank you again.

 

Anything for you. Any other questions you wanna ask right now?

 

Wait are you leaving? 

 

Oh no, no. Never. I did promise you, I’d never leave you and I intend on keeping that promise.

 

Oh good, well I can’t really think of anything else right now. Guess it's time to get going?

 

Yep~

 

So. About me just disappearing for the last month. A big mixture of things happened that steered me from writing. Personal issues kicked it off.  With that came the mandatory writer's block. Once I got over that, my computer crashed. I've been attempting to write of my phone, making my already slow writing even slower. Then I had the bright idea to try to make a backlog so I could put out more consistent updates. Failed terribly. Then of course, school was sprinkled on top of all of that. But the good news is I have a new computer coming soon, and I'm rearing to put out some chapters. So see you guys soon!

 

 

  

65