Prologue-2
232 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as you expect. I am dead. I am floating in free space as a free soul towards the great unknown.

Then I saw it. A big basket the size of a skyscraper with the word, "Recycle" plastered on it. It had one door leading into it. Just in front of it, A tentacle monster was floating next to a computer entering some kind of data. As I liked to call it, 'Fred' was very busy with his work, fully concentrating on his work while occasionally adjusting his glasses.

'He is a professional! The glass adjusting gesture easily gave him away.'

The floating me fell onto the transparent ground near the tentacle monster which looked similar to an octopus. I was hit by sudden vertigo looking into space below my feet. I could feel the ground, but there was nothing below me.

"Hello mmm. This simulation is pretty dope Man!"

"Don't talk, I am busy. I know what you want, you will be sent on your way with memories intact as Jiraiya's twin brother. So, say the only wish you have and cross the door." With an impolite tone, the friggin octopus shooed me.

"I don't want..", 'any wish'. Without letting me complete my sentence, the octopus interjected.

"No you can't have more than one wish and you can't wish for more wishes. So make it fast, I am not a  friggin genie and I don't have time to explain every fucking detail to you." Saying that in an annoyed tone, the octopus continued fiddling with the computer. His eyes were glued to the screen.

Did this guy mistake me for someone else? At Least let me speak.

"But.."

"No buts, just make it quick and go through the recycler door."

I began thinking. Am I selling my soul to the devil? What kind of customer service is this. I die of lung cancer and the first thing these guys do is talk about naruto anime. Why though? And the thing about being reborn as Jiraiya's twin! What is that about?

Anyway, let's just play along with it. Now that I know I am going to the naruto world as Jiraiya's twin brother. I don't have any regrets other than dying from lung cancer while not being a cigarette smoker.

Jiraiya was an awesome character in the naruto world. He was a genius and a hard worker. A combination that made him shine. He was intelligent and boasted a wide variety of skills including mastery of multiple elemental nature and sage mode. And most important of all was the ability to survive Senju Tsunade's beating over and over again. He didn't have to boast about his durability after feats like this.

He was an all-rounder through and thorough.

Being a brother of such a character can only be summed up in one word. "Nice!"

"Mr octopus, Fuck off." While showing my middle finger across his face. I opened the door and walked through it.

"Wish! Hm... There was a time that I used to pray and wish. Where were you then? Now, I don't need such charity." With a smile, I fell into the expanse below into a blinding globe of light."

"Uhh!" The octopus snapped out of his reverie trying to comprehend what just happened. How can a lowly human look down on him? As a heavenly bureaucrat, he was way beyond what a puny human can even comprehend. That human just escaped his doom by quickly jumping away, or else he would have paid heavy fines, dues and unnecessary tax all at once.

Quickly turning away. The octopus began concentrating on looking at his computer.

What is he doing on his computer that needed this much concentration, you might ask.

The short answer is important stuff. Stuff that needs utmost concentration and focuses that no living shonen anime character can have.

Suddenly, All of the octopuses' hands moved, flicking across the screen to click at multiple things. The moving hands showed immense agility and strength moving faster than a human eye could see.

Finally, he was done. His face curved up like a crescent moon, showing his glee.

"Hahaha. I can finally buy an RTX 3000090000xt Giga Max Pro Super founder's edition. This is the power of my eight limbs with perfect control. Crawl before me you inferior beings with a lesser number of limbs." The octopus Fred was really thrilled to finally order the new GPU in the market.

Then he remembered the soul that renounced his wish.

"What have I done?" Turning to look left and right making sure no one was near. The tentacle monster packed up his thing and fled as fast as he could, leaving his post unattended.

"Damn! How much bribe will I have to pay this time to keep it hidden?" Was the only thought inside the fleeing octopus' mind.

2