Ch1. Hunger
2.1k 8 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     The dull familiar pain in my stomach woke me from my deep slumber. The ever present hunger that had always followed me was particularly intense today. I struggled to open my eyes only to find a bone white snout attached to my face. It was a shock but not unfamiliar, I reached up to touch it only to realize that my fingers had jagged black claws attached to them. Again a shock but not entirely unfamiliar, glancing at my hands i found what was well within my expectations. They where boney, draped in a dark grey skin with inhumanly long fingers and extended palms. 

     I knew exactly what i had become but the more important thing now Is to lessen the hunger that was consuming me. I steadily stood up and examined my surroundings, a pitch black cave with uneven walls and a low ceiling. I could feel a draft coming from the tunnel in front of me so I followed it. After a bit the ceiling finally got so low i had to crawl, I was comfortable moving on all fours so it didn’t bother me. After a few more minutes I came across a three way split, one was on the ceiling going up and the others going left and right respectively. The draft was coming from the one above so i leapt up and hooked my claws onto the sides and quickly advanced up until i came to a dead end.

     The wall of stone and dirt in front of me had a small crack near the top that was letting in air, my hunger did not allow me to turn back so I started ramming it with all my strength. After three hits the wall caved in and I bursted out with a roar. With ease I climbed out and observed my surroundings, giant pines hung over head and needles littered the floor, the moon was at its highest bathing everything in a red hue. With a quick sniff I could smell the heavy musky sent of deer in the air, which only served to aggrieve the hunger.

     My hunger was starting control my mind, I needed to hurry. With quick steps i lunged toward the smell of my new prey. I quickly came upon signs of my prey, a hoof print there, a few hairs here, and some droppings. This only increased my hunger causing me to race forward even faster now. In a few minutes I finally spotted them, a heard of ten ran frenzied through a lush clearing. They looked like deer but they were almost the size of an elk, each was a deep brown color with a full set of antlers, even the ones that smelled like does.

    I did not have time to ponder about their appearance, they obviously sensed my presence. With a lunge I launched out of the sea of trees roaring with maw open, a few scattered but three where frozen in fear. In a couple of seconds I appeared in front of the first one and slammed my shoulder into it’s flank sending it flying with a sickening crunch, the other two finally started moving but it was to late. I raised my claw and slapped the second one across the head partially decapitating it. Still not satisfied i leapt at the last one and bit it’s back and with a snap I bit through its spine. The hunger finally consumed me as i feasted on its corpse.

51