Ch29. Demon
500 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N- As usual no chapters Saturday or Sunday

      -The elemental stood up under my direction and walked to the door leading to the word of demons. I sighed and hesitated for a second before controlling the elemental to do the door opening ritual. After the series of awkward movements, the door slowly opened and flames ignited to light the room. A soft rumbling echoed throughout the building and the skull carving, which was situated in the middle of the alter, had its jewel eyes begin glowing an eerie red. I blended myself with the shadows and directed the elemental to bring a bowl of corpse dweller blood to the skull. Once close enough the skull's mouth dropped open and the blood was poured in.

     -The skull's mouth snapped shut and a wave of magic washed over the room, presumably searching for intruders. After a second the magic was retracted and the skull started to slowly pull back along with a good part of the surrounding alter. Soon a large door was revealed, it was large and made of what looked like black granite and covered with large rusted chains. The door began violently shaking as if whatever was behind was desperately trying to escape.

     -With the appearance of the door, an uncomfortable heat permeated throughout the room along with a cloud of black smoke that hovered over the ground. I gave a small snicker at the display, nothing but lame theatrics used to install fear into the ignorant. I had to admit, I was not expecting such a strong reaction from some corpse dweller blood. At first, I was just going to lure the demon out by having the elemental act as if there was an enemy inside its place of worship, which was true, but it looks like that plan will have to be dropped.

     -After a second the chains on the door broke and a figure exploded through. It was tall, around ten feet, with a huge muscular body and possessed a head that was a combination of a man’s and a goat’s. It was covered in brownish-grey fur and it possessed the upper body of a man and the legs of a goat. In its right hand, it carried a large mace that was covered in blue flames.

     -It walked out of the alter and stood menacingly over the elemental before speaking in traditional cloven.
“Why have you summoned me, creature.”
I had the elemental bow in response before gesturing towards the girl on the pyramid-like table.
“Mmm, a suitable sacrifice. I assume it's for me to help you with those mutts.”
I had the elemental give a quick nod before gesturing to the open entrance. The creature gave a small huff causing smoke to spew from its nostrils,
“I will accept your plea, but I will need more than a single above-average girl in return.”
The demon started to walk towards the girl and soon it was close enough to pick her up. Little did she, I could tell by the pheromones waving off of her, know, she was already entangled in a web of magic. She reached out to grab the girl but before her hand could get close enough the girl on the table disappeared. All predators tend to become careless when they eat, and for the demon that meant that she didn’t notice the magic strands wrapped around her. With a snap of my fingers the strands constricted and brought the demon's arms to her sides, and before she could react the elemental jumped on her back and started to frantically stab her with a dagger.

     -She struggled and struggled but that only caused the strands to dig deeper into her. She realized that she wasn’t making any progress and decided to jump back and start slamming the elemental into the wall repeatedly. After a second I had the elemental relinquish its grip. With a final slam, the elemental fell limply to the ground, with the threat gone the demon returned to struggling with the strands entangling her. Finally, I let the stands loosened and she let out a roar of victory before turning around and grabbing the elemental’s head.
“You dare betray me sniveling pest, I was the one that gave you life!”
With those words, she slowly increased her grip strength until the elemental’s head was about to pop. Now that she was enraged by being suddenly denied a sacrifice and ambushed she was solely focused on the elemental I could perform my own attack.

     -I appeared from the shadows behind her and stabbed the elemental’s sword through her left heart. She instinctively swung the mace behind which I easily dodged before stabbing my own sword through her right heart. She roared in pain and dropped the elemental before turning around to confront me, but she was only met with nothing. I was already behind her again and before she could react I already had retrieved the elemental’s sword. Realizing I was still behind her the demon raised its mace and slammed it down causing a shockwave that shook the building. The cracks on the ground started to sprout blue flames and the demon gave a taunting laugh.

     -She probably assumed the show of power knocked me off balance or something, but unfortunately for her, I was well versed in fighting during world-ending earthquakes so her little shockwave felt like nothing more than a small breeze. I took her little pause of victory as a chance to attack and slashed her spine with a vertical swipe. She roared in pain and stumbled back before barely righting herself, but I took this as another opportunity to stab through the spine in the same area as before. I grabbed the edge of the split and started to pull while using the sword as a lever. The started to widen and soon it was wide enough to fit my head in, which I did. I started to revert my head back to my usual form and began eating her insides.

     

A/N- I have a discord if you want to join https://discord.gg/BkUP7Eg2WJ

23