Tomorrow I am going to join the army.
67 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Sigeberht, sigeberht can you come to my room please” Called my father in his usual soft voice.

“I’ll be right there, father” I replied as I laid down my makeshift wooden sword on bed. I knew this was coming. I have just turned 17 a few months back and the time has come for me to discuss about my future with my father. Arranging my thoughts in my head I reached my father’s room.

Knock knock. I knocked on the door and waited for his reply.

“Come in son” he replied in a noble yet meek voice. I must inform you that my father is kinda sacred of me. So, despite all his tries, whenever he talks to me, he shrinks back to his meek personality.

I entered the room. It was a room suitable for a noble man. Decorated with the most expensive and exquisite furniture, clean to the point of shinning and of course bigger than a commoner’s house. And inside this beautiful room sat my father on his king-sized bed.

“Good morning, father” I bowed respectfully as I greeted him. He nodded in acknowledgement before asking me to sit on the chair placed before his bed.

“Sigeberht, I assume you know why I called you here” said father still trying to put up a brave front against me.

“I do” I replied before continuing.” It is to discuss about my future, right?” he just nodded. “I have already told you my answer father and I am not willing to change it.” I said in a firm voice making my father to cower farther. Sacring my dad is not something I want but no matter what I do he is always sacred of me.

“I will be joining our military” I once again repeated my decision to him.

He frowned. Concern itched on his face as he got the same reply, he was getting since last year. “but…but” he stammered before taking a breath to relax himself. “Son, Military is not a safe place. I don’t want you to risk your life.” Tears were welling up in his eyes. “I know you don’t want to be married but joining military to escape it is foolish” His eye were red by now but he continued further. “I know some very good noble. I could arrange a very good girl for you. You will like them I guarantee.”

I have stopped listening to him a while back. I already knew what he was going to say anyway. But this time I wont simply ignore him. He and I both know the truth, yet he is simply deluding himself. Trying to run away from it. Thinking If he didn’t see it won’t happen. But this time I can’t let him face away from it. He and I both know my fate and sooner he accepts it the better.

“Stop deluding yourself father. Look at me, look at this face. Do you think any reputable family will agree to marry their daughter with me?” I stood up and held his chin refusing him to turn his face from the truth and from my face. I had some of the most undesirable characteristic in this world. I had what you could describe a ‘manly’ feature. And from the time I spend in this world I knew this was a big no no especially in the higher society.

I let go of his chin and sat back on the chair. “I don’t think you can find a girl of me and even if you miraculously found one, where do you think they will dump me right after marriage? Military. So, if I am going to end up there no matter what I do then I will be more happy to serve our military than others.”

There was a silence after my rant. But from the look on my father face I could tell that the discussion has ended. From tomorrow onwards I will be serving in my army.

 

I was a normal guy before coming here. So, if you would have asked me what my expectations from a isekai world would be if I ever get isekai’d, my answer would have been very generic. I mean, why have lofty expectations when the generic ones are already amazing. So, an overpowered ability, a world of magic and swords and me have knowledge that can actually be applied in real life will be more than enough for me. It would become amazing if the god added bonus of me being born in a rich family and having a harem of hot girls. Pretty generic and pretty good. Or so was what I wanted when I was sent to a white empty space after getting hit by truck-kun.

The gods had different idea it seems. First, no god came to visit me in that white space. So, as not god came, I didn’t get to ask for an OP ability neither I was informed about the world they were planning to throw me in. After waiting for what seemed like 5-6 hours, I was thrown down or at least my soul was thrown down. Flying through some strange space my soul entered the body of a12 year old boy standing alone in a grass field.

Thus, my isekai journey started in a shitty way but what was about to come was even more shitty.

You must be thinking why I am so whinny about this whole ordeal. I mean I wasn’t welcomed properly by god but at least I got a new life in a new world, right? WRONG.

This isn’t a world I wanted to spend a life in. I mean, I was a pretty good guy in my last life, so I was probably going to heaven anyway. Then why must god make me suffer by sending me to this world where I was sure not going to enjoy living.

Simply put this world was Matriarchy and I was a boy. Fuck that, even calling it matriarchy won’t cut it. It felt like a world created by women where men were just added later. And this was even more prevalent in higher society where the boy, whose body I was in, born.

This story is about my life in a world where being a man is not acceptable.

0