Prologue
2.4k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It was fun for a while... Now it is boring." - Alan

"What? What are you talking about? I..." - Zul

"Are you blind? I've been doing this for so long and you can't even see it when it is in front of you? Pathetic" - Alan

"So... You've been playing with me, all this time?" - Zul

"Of course! Who on earth could love someone like you!? You are ugly, poor, thin as a stick, and worthless. You are nobody, a simply momentary fun that I had for a few weeks. And you thought I loved you!? Hahaha." - Alan

This was a memory that Zul, or Azul as his name is, didn't like to remember. This memory was from something that happened 3 days ago, now Azul is lying on his apartment floor while looking at the ceiling with vacant and empty eyes... He officially gave up. He hasn't eaten for three days, has yet to take a bath, and didn't even care enough to go to the bathroom. He was done with life, but he could not muster the strength to end it all.

Pathetic. 

Just as they said. Pathetic... He is pathetic, with not even the courage or strength to end it all... He moved his finger and tried to get up, he lived on the 10th floor, so he just needed to jump out of the window and hopefully land on his head and die instantly! Maybe he could go to the bathroom and drown himself? Or maybe e can light a candle and let the apartment burn? Or maybe he can hang himself, but where would he get a rope? So many options, but he will take the easier one.

He practically dragged himself to the kitchen only to find a crude knife which was what he used to cut his wrists, he did not care, he laid there, bleeding on the carpet. The bleeding was going slow, he soon felt cold as the blood of his body left and he felt the pain. After more than 10 minutes, his life was no more. Soon, Azul, a 20 years old male young adult, homosexual, died of blood loss caused by a successful suicide attempt.

Azul was half-Brazilian, for his father was Brazilian, he could even speak Portuguese! His mother, however, was Canadian. His father left him when he was 6, and his mother hated him for it, and because Azul was his son and had the same appearance as his father, her hate was directed towards him. She began to physically and mentally abuse him, gaslighting him into believing that he was:

Worthless

Pathetic

Stupid

A waste of space

And many more...

As Azul grew up, he came out accidentally to his mother, which made her kick him out of the house, he went to live on the streets for a few months before having a roof above his head, soon he began to study and got a stable job, but it was not enough so he had to take some harsh decisions... He began to steal. At the age of 16, Azul went to jail, he was there for three years...

When he was 19, he left and returned to the normality of society, but everyone judged him. His psychological problems only got worse and worse, soon he developed low self-esteem, low self-preservation, self-harming, and depression. He had suicidal thoughts for a great part of his life until he began seeing a therapist which helped him a little, he even got himself a "boyfriend"... A man that agreed to go on a date with him, Azul was really happy and excited for his first date, but then he remembered that he had no experience with anything, and he didn't know how to say it exactly to someone...

This went on for weeks, that man, Alan, was just playing with him for fun. He had done such things in the past, people would just get angry or sad, and he sincerely liked to see it, destroying people's life was entertaining for him. Until he discovered that he destroyed, quite literally, a life and drove someone to suicide...

When he got the news, he was first stunned, then shocked, then soon his reputation went downhill. He was known as a man that would drive someone to suicide, which happened. Soon his enjoyment became not so enjoyable when people began to do the same to him, they began to seemingly play with him, which he soon got to taste his poison. In the end, he committed suicide. Karma is a bitch...

And Azul?

Well...

After he died, he opened his eyes once again, but this time he was in a black room with no doors or windows, just black emptiness that he somehow knew was a room. His body or soul was floating, in front of his eyes were two screens on the left and right respectively:

[Character Creation]

[System Selection]

These two screens... What are they?

The [Character Creation] screen showed a blank humanoid, completely white with no facial features, no genitalia, or any hair. He could see it in front of him like a hologram, which he could spin 360 in every direction and even see internal organs. Floating beside this hologram was a screen, showing [Gender], [Bloodlines], [Organs], [Effects], [Perks] and [Extras]. 

Strange was that he couldn't feel anything, nothing at all, all the sadness he felt was gone and he was free from his emotion while in this space.

54