Chap 25: Resting Phase.
200 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was very peaceful. There was no noise, The Streetlights were on and roads beneath them were covered with light fog.

The night sky which should have been filled with infinite stars was blank, like a blanket of darkness was spread on it. The Moon which should have been shining alone showed no signs of its existence.

The Sea which was always lively no matter the time was so quiet as its surface was also surrounded by dark fog.

Long Wei looked at the time, it was deep in midnight. Then he looked at the two children in front of him.

"Xiao Yue, Xiao Xing. Come sleep, It's too late."

Xiao Yue looked at the time and then stopped playing with blocks and came to Long Wei to get ready for bed. While Xiao Xing didn't put her phone down.

"Wei-gege, See this, This thing, it's like our world is covered by a black snake."

Long Wei was startled. He moved toward Xiao Xing and sat beside her and looked at the screen. Indeed, The world looked like it was captured by a huge black snake. The astronauts outside in space were live recording it.

For others, it might be a unique phenomenon but for Long Wei, It was far too common technique seen in demonic sect almost every day. As a matter of Fact, Even those righteous clans used this technique...but it was to infuse Qi in their surrounding.

As they were watching the screen, Suddenly a white light started to rise from the edges of Earth and coiling around it just like the black snake fog.

Now the two were intertwining. Just as they intertwined. A huge sense of danger yet relief came upon Long Wei. He started to use his inner Qi and started to meditate. As he was meditating, All people around the world started to fall asleep. 

For a while, the world was still, completely silence covered the world. 

It was like a ghost planet. After 4 or 5 hours Long Wei opened his eyes. He saw it was almost time for the sun to rise up. Tucking the children in blankets properly, Long Wei made his way toward the roof of his house. 

Indeed it was a bit different atmosphere. It was a tension-filled, dangerous, and very quiet atmosphere that could make someone's nerves guard up.

"It's starting."

The long waited End days are here.

For some time Long Wei only waited for the sun to rise up. He was not worried about having Zombies in his mountain. Because he has nourished them with spring water and spiritual fruits.

Long Wei looked at the houses brightening up one by one. According to Zhi Kai, The general structure of their mountain base was divided into 3 parts. One will be where all people before apocalypse gathered will live, that will be official area, then Inner area and outer area. 

The base construction was left to team Raven of Zhi Kai. Though it was a bit of trouble Long Wei had to get some hotels or buildings after the apocalypse in his mission.

Long Wei jumped from the rooftop and was about to land when he heard a weird sentence. 

"Will you marry me with Zombies being our audience?"

"...Han Zhi, Do you want me to throw you out to those very Zombies?"

"Baby wait! See, If we marry amongst zombies, it will have a unique style!"

"I feel like I have to visit Dr. Luo for your treatment soon."

"Baby, I really want to marry you before we are separated by heaven and earth!"

"...We will see when heaven and earth come to separate us."

"How cruel for my poor soul, Ai, baby, darling, honey wait!"

Long Wei almost slipped...

What's wrong with Han Zhi now? We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. And Han Zhi really works hard for this I think...poor Wen Zheng.

After watching the couple go to the main hall, Long Wei knew that the people in his base has awakened their respective powers.

After coming back to the house, Long Wei freshened up and then looked at the sleeping children. Not wanting to disturb them, he quietly went toward the meeting hall. 

Everyone was there, Some excited, some tense, some nervous, some indifferent. There was tension in the air.

Long Xiang spoke as Long Wei took his seat.

"In our base, Out of 3000 people, only 1000 awakened their powers, which I think is quite high enough. No zombies, only 300 some people have yet to wake up."

Wen Zheng continued for Long Xiang.

"Let's make a system for leveling and also now that we have 1000 awakened ones, We need a special department for our base's ability users. As Zhi Kai is handling security and construction, I think the training for these people should be left to Lucas."

Lucas who was as free as salted fish was startled.

"Eh? No why me? I am not suitable at all."

Before Wen Zheng could speak Long Ning nodded.
"Indeed, We don't need more Salted fishes, I was thinking how about if Wei-ge trained them, As he can use his space powers to move in between his mission and here?"

Long Wei who was eating cherries was also startled...more work...

"Mn, But I won't be here always."
Long Ning also agreed.

"Of course, that's why we will make Cadets institution and then make them graduate slowly."

Long Xiang eyed Long Ning who continued.

"If we divide those 1000 people into 5 teams and send them on a mission along with the original team, won't they be like cadets of special abilities agency and when the mission is completed, They can graduate. Simple."
Zhi Kai scoffed:

"Yeah, simple your head."

Long Ning:

"Not like my head, it's complicated."

"Then you know how simple it is."

"...Your brain is too small to even understand something this simple."

"Hey at least respect your elders!"

"yea, I am so sorry Old man, I forgot with age people's thinking capacity also lowers."

Other people ignored them and focused on eating, And trying out their new abilities

6