Chapter 1 – The Awakening
296 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I remembered being scolded by my mother and she accidentally threw the iron to my head due to a fit of rage. Mom said I fainted after that and she was very sorry. Words are not exactly coming through my head right now, as I am very confused at this very moment. I have two sets of different memories. One, I have lived a full life of a 30 year old salaryman and died in a car accident on Earth. Two, my current life as a 14 year old boy, a high school freshman, and supposedly a father, Jude Lockwell. Honestly, I can't even remember when I had a relationship. The problem is, I remembered being drugged and kidnapped 3 years ago for a few days, and I was safely returned home after a month. I don't have a clear recollection of those moment, maybe my subconscious is blocking me from remembering it.

Another problem is that a two year old baby girl was left in front of the house, claiming it to be my daughter in the attached letter. Of course, my mom was shocked, confused, and angry. My mom was really angry when I got home, after I fainted due to a concussion, she finally calmed down and analyze that either it was not my daughter or I was raped 3 years ago and the baby was left for us to take care of. Maybe because I don't have a clear memory of that incident happening so I really don't have any trauma or anything like that.

Currently, I have a massive headache due to the incident earlier, so as much as I would like to analyze what is happening, I really can't right now.

[Don: In other news, police has arrested a serial kid...]

"Jude, I'm very sorry for what happened earlier. I blacked out and threw a fit. With things like this right now, could you go to the store and buy some groceries together with the necessities for the girl."

"Okay mom, don't worry about the baby, I will also work to support her."

"No! You will continue going to school. You worked hard to get in there. I will work to support her, so you take care of her during the times I'm at work. The only good thing is that I work on the night, and you go to school in the morning. We could take shifts in taking care of her."

"Fine, mom, remind me again where I am currently studying?"

"What a strange thing to ask, are you sure you're ok? Do you want me to bring you to a hospital?"

"No, I'm fine mom just answer me."

"You are enrolled in Cube. One of the top institute for learning combat and magic."

Cube, why does that sound familiar? Well I need to go down and get some groceries.

"Jude, if you ever have a hard time, ask the neighbor for help, she is your classmate anyways."

"No, I can handle it alone mom. Do we have a name for her(baby)?"

"The registration says she is Anne Lockwell, the father is filled up with your name and the mother's name was erased. I'll try to ask the government if they have another record of the birth registration, maybe we'll find the mother's name there."

"Okay mom, I need to go."

======================================================================

My headache is still there, although I can now handle it, I bumped into a girl on the street.

"I'm sorry are you okay?"

"I'm fine huh?"

The girl went pale upon seeing me and she ran, weird girl. She looked familiar though, well let's continue to the grocery.

I picked up some milk for Anne and other grocery items for us and went back home.

Cube, Jude Lockwell, Anne Lockwell, and my mom's name should be Kate Lockwell. From my memories my dad died in the Great Magic War when I was a baby. Magic? I see, looks like I'm inside a novel I read before I died. So that girl earlier should be Hannah Jeremy, the female protagonist and I am her bully. If I remember correctly, Jude was supposed to die after being left behind due to the hatred of Hannah, her character becomes twisted due to severe bullying from me. Ugh, I should apologize while it is still early. I really don't want to die, and with Anne right now, I am really excited to be a father, I never really got a chance in my past life.

Well I'm back in this 3 story apartment, we live near the school, so to prevent additional expenses, I walk to school and most students have a dorm there. Rich kids like to dorm, well it's very expensive for us. Jude in the past was very arrogant and pretentious, so might as well change that now while I'm still younger.

I put down the groceries and took a peek on Anne, she is sleeping right now. Such a cute child is my daughter? I looked into the mirror and see nothing but a plain guy. No outstanding features, the only thing I can remember Jude in the story was she bullied the female protagonist. I stood up and start to write a letter, I started apologizing for the times I bullied her, I specified each one that I could remember so I could at least sound sincere. After I finished the letter, I went outside and slid the letter to the next door neighbor's door.

With my memories of being a 30 year old I will work hard and bring up my daughter to at least have a better life. I don't aspire to be a great person. I just want her to be happy with mom. 

"Status"

----------------------------------------

Name: Jude Lockwell

Age: 14

Level: 1

----------------------------------------

Strength: J

Agility: I

Dexterity: I

Stamina: J

Vitality: H

Magic: H

----------------------------------------

Wow, my status sucks. I wonder how he passed the exam for cube. Well I need to turn that around and train so I could at least be a decent monster hunter. Most cities are safe from monster attacks, but outside is a different story, monsters rule the world now, humans fought back but it is only in the recent times where we fought back properly. Guns became outdated and Magic was discovered.

"Jude, I will go to work now. Take care of Anne!"

"Take care mom!"

Looks like Anne is still sleeping, well it's time for me to sleep as well. It's the weekend tomorrow so I really want to start training my body, but with my headache right now, I can't really do anything. So I went to sleep and I will start tomorrow instead.

 

15