Chapter 4 – Classes and Premonition of a Disaster (2)
181 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another day comes and I can feel someone poking my cheeks.

"Good Morning Anne."

"Morning daddy. Food!"

"Okay okay, let me get up first."

I heat up the water and boiled some egg and rice for my breakfast. It already a week since I started school, I got pretty close with my classmates in the blacksmithing class, Jake is still hammering basics into me as usual during our spars but I can somehow fight him now unlike the first time. I still did not get a chance to talk to him, but I can feel some companionship with him because well, we were both misunderstood, though on my part I never corrected them, I never needed to correct my image as I only concentrate on my studies right now. My priorities lies else where, I need to get strong fast to protect what is important to me.

With the on going monster attacks on the residential area, I tried to send a letter to the government warning them of an impending monster invasion, I know it is a foolish attempt, that a nobody like me would be noticed by the government, it's just there is no harm in trying right? I send letters to the National Defense, National Police, and our Local Police station. I don't know if they would heed my warning, but at least I tried to warn them. For my protection, I sent the letter anonymously.

I already told my mom about my 'deduction' that there will be a monster invasion soon in the residential district, so we will start preparing some emergency food and water during the weekend. She also started looking for another apartment in the business district, it is a little expensive there but at least it is safer and away from the invasion. I'm trying to do all I can to prevent damage to my family, especially this little cute one that keeps hugging my leg.

"Anne, you might get hurt there, I'm mixing your milk and hot water, just give me a few sec."

"But daddy you will go to school again, and I will be lonely without you."

"Aww, don't worry after class, I'll go straight home and hug you lots."

"Really? lots and lots of hug?"

"Yes, so behave now and wait for a bit."

"I'm home, phew I'm very tired. Son, I tried to warn some of my co-workers and they just laughed at me. Well don't worry I believe you so we still need to prepare. Since the monster attacks are already frequent in the outer districts, it is better to prepare. Let's go shopping on Sunday so Anne could go out as well."

"Okay mom, so you take care of Anne for awhile and I'll go to school."

======================================================================

 As much as I avoid Hannah outside classes, there are still times that we meet like today. Well we usually ignore each other, but I just want to warn her at least as a good neighbor. 

"Good Morning Hannah, I just like to say something as it would be in my conscience if I don't warn you. With the recent monster attacks in the outer parts of the residential area, I think there will be a monster invasion in 2 months time, it would be best to secure food, water and lodging during that time. I know it's impossible but it won't hurt to prepare right? See you later."

I ran away after the dialogue, well I know she'll live in the monster attack she is a protagonist after all, and she can at least try to give awareness to other people or maybe not. I mean who would believe a delinquent like me that bullied her in the past.

I arrived at the gate and saw Snow sleeping in a tree, I won't deny she is very beautiful, I wonder why Michael favors Hannah over her. Maybe it's just a matter of taste or he got used to Snow's beauty and got immune from it. Since there is still time before class, I left my uniform jacket on top of her and left the area. Somehow seeing her up close when I put my jacket over her, I feel a vague sense of familiarity with her. I don't really understand but I need to focus on more pressing matters, I need to train more before the start of monster invasion.

Classes continued on as usual, I got reprimanded for not wearing the proper school attire, well I gave my jacket earlier to Snow so it's my fault and I don't really know how to ask for it. With the protagonists around her, especially Michael, I don't want to even get close to them. Blacksmithing class was where things picked up, we are now forging swords, I can now at least forge a decent one. I actually discovered something, although I'm not sure if it is exactly a new discovery, since I was circulating mana in my body, when I hit the blade during blacksmithing, I unconsciously pour mana into the hammer and the result was a better sword quality. Khan mistook it for talent, swords I produced are far more durable and sharper than any of my classmates make. I will monopolize this for now, I need to secure some funds for Anne after all.

After blacksmithing class ended, there is a security guy waiting for me, he handed me a small paper bag and left. I noticed it was my jacket, and there is letter inside. 

[Thank you for the concern. Please don't do that again and put yourself in trouble.]

Well looks like I troubled her more than actually helping. It's just some scolding anyway so I need to setup shop tomorrow so I could sell some weapons to the students.

======================================================================

When I got home, I saw Hannah stocking up food, at least she listened to me. I felt a little bit touched from that, I really she would ignore me outright. I mean if I were in her position I would ignore her, thankfully she didn't.

[Don: Earthquakes are getting frequent in the city, is there a big monster roaming around the near the city? Find out later on the News!]

"Status"

----------------------------------------

Name: Jude Lockwell

Age: 14

Level: 1

----------------------------------------

Strength: G > E

Agility: H > F

Dexterity: H > F

Stamina: F > D

Vitality: F > D

Magic: F > D

----------------------------------------

Mana Control Lv. 5

Mana Regeneration Lv.3

Basic Blacksmithing Lv.6

Magic Blacksmithing Lv.2

Basic Sword Mastery Lv.5

----------------------------------------

Looks like I'm really improving now. My status are at least an average of E, very far from when I started. From here on out it will be harder to grind so I need to work harder. I can actually cast a few spells without elements now, I can throw small circular shaped mana or the so-called [Mana Bullet] to throw to the enemies.

Right now I'm actually playing with mana together with Anne, I'm juggling the mana on my hands, though I'm kinda cheating, because I could manipulate my mana that it goes into a circular motion without even me touching it. Well as long as Anne is having fun, I too am having fun.

 

14