Chapter 1: I wanted a system, and it worked?
102 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So something happened. No I didn't get hit by a truck or die. I got close to it though. I was doing my usual thing, walking down the street with music playing, when you know the whole isekai transfer process started. Being the quick thinker that I was I did something kinda stupid but also kinda funny, I climbed on top of a nearby vending machine and held on to the metal railing of a building.

The vending machine was sent away to another world but as for me my fingers slipped and I fell through whatever the isekai portal left behind, which was a hole.

I found myself on the same street, landing on the ground as if I just jumped in the air. As a person who reads a lot of isekai stories I did not want to go and be swindled into being a hero, no way, but I sort of wish I could see the looks on the summoners faces once that vending machine pops up. Am I mean? I don't think so, but eh, I might be.

I hear a ding in my head, well I did survive getting summoned so I suppose I got a system or status now?

____________________________________

Status: Fine

Location: Parallel of Host's Home World

 Host: Alexander Daring

System: Rhythm System 

Songs: None

~~ Random Spin Available ~~

____________________________________  

Around this point in time I realize my headphones are gone, and all of my phones songs and music programs have been deleted. Well darn I liked those songs. I look around and some of the signboards are different, and it seems the Status was true, I am in a parallel word then.

You may be wondering why I am not to surprised nor feeling any need to go back? Well I was really bored in my old world so going to a new one should be kinda fun. Better then being sent to be a slave of a hero, I can choose my own path now. I didn't really have anything important back at my home world anyway so I'm all good. 

The signboard was advertising for a monster expedition and I just up and decide to go do it. I have a system now so I should be fine. I walk to the directions of the expedition. 

I soon arrive at a building that is not to big, nor to small, being a good three story tall building. Pushing open the door I meet with the receptionist about the expedition. 

"I am here about a monster hunting expedition advertisement."

"Sure, Name?" Said the dull receptionist. 

"Alexander Daring."

"Weapon."

"Sword." I trained a lot as a kid, I really admired swords and swordsmen and women. 

"Adventurer's Grading."

Shoot, It seems that this world has some sort of hunters system up for fighting monsters, I don't have a grading So I should just act dumb. Sorry pride your gonna take a beating. 

"Uh what's that?"

"Whats what?"

"Adventurer's Grading?"

"Oh my God, I didn't think I would be dealing with newbies today. So The Adventurer's Grading is the grading you are given to fight appropriate monsters. Given how you don't know such a simple topic I must assume your not from around here. Where are you from?"

"Oh uh... Sokwar, yeah, small island country, pretty obscure." I hoped my lie would work, and the receptionists eyes narrow. 

"Hmm, we don't have that on our lists but the portals always spawn new places to begin with so your probably from another world as well. Alright you can get a temporary pass for hunting but I'll have to put you into the capitol's school after, as your from a new location."

"Thanks Ma'am." I bow a little before taking a seat waiting for the upcoming expedition. She sighed and went back to sorting papers. While I was waiting I decided to check out the Random Spin option in my status. 

____________________________________

~~ Random Spin ~~

Spinning...

.

.

.

.

.

Song Obtained: Somebody Told Me by The Killers  - Sword Skill x 1

____________________________________

Oh? That was a song I started listening to after hearing it on a radio station, It's a Sword Skill now? I check my new status 

____________________________________

Status: Excited

Location: Hunting Expedition Hall

 Host: Alexander Daring

System: Rhythm System 

Songs: Somebody Told Me by The Killers  - Sword Skill x 1

~ Missions ~

  1. Kill An enemy: Reward - 1x Random Spin
  2. Impress a group: Reward - 3x Random Spins
  3. Get a Permanent Adventurers Grading card: Reward - 2x Random Spins 

____________________________________

I see so I now do missions to spin the song wheel, the first two I can probably do for this expedition. I am decent with swords so I probably will get a few people wanting to team with me, but if they don't I can always start my own adventuring team once I get my Grading card.

I grab one of the mandatory long swords and begin to walk with the group. We will be fighting a new branch of creatures that have been identified as a weak variant of another species of monster, the Goblin. This variant of goblins are a sickly green and only hold weapons they scavenge for so usually they hold rocks and sticks to fight with, occasionally the blade of a dead adventurer. 

I suppose I was lucky in getting such weak enemies but it mainly means I can fight on my own without anybody really helping me. The green goblins came close, it was a small group of them, everyone else was already fighting so I decided to try out my new Sword Skill. 

I select the song and I hear it in the background playing, no one around seems to hear it other then me. I see some text fill up my vision. 

____________________________________

Applying song...

Applied-

Tutorial: Hit the spots that light up,

Slash, Stab, and Chop the spots indicated. 

Red - Slash

Green - Chop 

Blue - Stab

Yellow - Dodge

Begin. 

____________________________________ 

The song starts and I see different colored spots light up on the attacking goblins. Once the opening of the song progressed all of the goblins attacked. I take my first move and slash my sword immediately causing a gaping wound to open up on the goblin in front.

The next three goblins had their necks chopped through, and one of the goblins in the back were skewered. 

Two yellow spots shined and I ducked while spinning around dodging the attacks. It had appeared that some of the goblins had thrown their stones at me. Now that their main weapon is gone I immediately cut and slash through the two remaining goblins.

The others fighting only started to notice me as the goblins they were fighting started to deviate towards me as I was fighting.

Continuing my onslaught I would dash forward and back dodging most attacks aimed at me. I was still hit a few times with the rocks thrown at me causing a few bruises but I was relatively unfazed and focused solely on attacking. at one point I caught one of the stones getting thrown and threw it back nailing a goblin in the face.

Another down, and another I counted, slashing through a couple all in one move. I jump up and chop cleaving a goblin in two. I look around at the carnage I caused, all of the goblins dead in a pile around me. I get up panting as I had killed all the goblins relatively fast and my arms were aching a bit from the heavy sword I was wielding. 

Everyone was looking at me with a wide eyed look, and from what I can tell, I was the one who had killed the most. I check my status screen. 

____________________________________

Status: Tired

Location: Green Goblin Portal

Host: Alexander Daring 

System: Rhythm System 

Songs: None 

~ Missions ~ 

  1. Kill an Enemy: Reward - 1x Random Spin  
  2. Impress a Group: Reward 3x Random Spin
  3. Get a Permanent Adventurer's Grading card: 2x Random Spin

~ Hidden Mission Accomplished ~

Kill 50 Enemies with your first Song: Reward - 5x Random Spins

~~ 9x Random Spin(s) Available  ~~

____________________________________ 

Wow, I earned a lot that battle. 9 random song skills, I can't wait to spin for them, except i have to because We have to collect our spoils of battle now. We were given a bag and we had to cut off all of the left ears of the green goblins that we killed, while the carriers would pick up the bodies. So I had to get to work cutting off the ears of a lot of green goblins. 

I finished, whew. I had around 59 goblin ears in this big bag that I now have to haul back to the Expedition Hall, I killed the most out of everyone here. It was partially because the song was drawing them in for me to kill, but hopefully I get a lot of money for this, and a card. 

When everyone finally got back to the base each of us got in line to show the receptionists our "loot" I was sent back to the receptionist who destroyed my pride earlier. 

"So your back? What measly amount of ears did you bring back?"

I slap my huge bag on the table and the receptionist is visibly surprised and jumped a bit when I smacked the bag down. 

"This many." 

"O-oh alright, how many do you have?"

"59 left ears"

"Alright let me just write this down...Wait 59! Are you sure you don't have an Adventurer's Grading at all, your as strong as a C rank."

"Oh well I just grew up a bit stronger then normal."

"Well I can use this to boost you up one grade when you register, when do you want to register then?"

"As soon as possible if I can."

"Well we can do that right now, we just need to calculate the price for all those goblins."

"Sure, go ahead." 

The receptionist then lifted the heavy bag and placed it on the counter opposite of the reception desk and pulled out a piece of paper. 

"Alright, so I know your name and your weapon profession, now whats your skill?"

"Whats that?"

"Well most Otherworlders get one skill that helps them fight monsters. Assuming your island country came into existance recently you should have been gifted one."

"Oh uh Timing." 

"Is that the name? What does it do?" 

I didn't want to tell her the whole system so just a part of it should be fine.

"It helps with hitting monsters at the right time, so Timing." 

"I see, well heres your card then." She handed me a bronze looking card with the letter D on it. 

"I thought I would get a C, for my goblin hunt?"

"Oh that, you got a boost but only one grade up, so instead of starting from F your starting from D." 

"Oh thanks then." 

"Your welcome, Please come again soon!" 

I was given a two cards, one as my Adventurer's Grading, and the other was the amount of money from the expedition I joined. A "Gold" card, how much gold I have earned. From the receptionists saying so, I should have around 26 gold from my participation. I better find a place to stay, before going to my new school.

Man, so much to do.

 

 

2