005. Master And Slave For Life!
84 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sir Nick sat down on it almost at the center, his legs folded one crossing another like in a lotus pose. Sitting before him, her front side facing his, was Riley, folding her legs in a similar manner. 

Both then crossed their hands as they extended them forward toward each other. And their palms met exactly at the center of the mat. 

Those hands of theirs, cross-joined had formed a diamond-shaped free space in between them. That would be the nucleus for the pact ritual they were about to perform.

They both closed their eyes and meditated to regulate the oxygen amount they were taking in as their heartbeats slowly started to synchronize. 

Sir Nick piloted his sorcerer's key into the nucleus one scintilla after another. 

A sorcerer's key is unique for every soul and one can gain access to the unfathomable energy contained within a soul provided its sorcerer's key had been fallen into their possession either through rigorous training or by forming any soul-pact.

No cranker can touch other's cranks without their sorcerer's key. If they do, their whole body burns in the flames of the afterlife contingent on the amount of time they came in contact with them and the rate at which they tried to siphon the energy from them.

The scintilla that had currently entered the nucleus would be bonded with the existing marshal, a congregation of all the scintilla that had entered prior to it. 

That marshal of scintilla steadily molded into the shape of a key. It was made of the dynamo, a heavenly crystal known to have been forged from the living bark of a seraphic conifer that would grow in the fields of the afterlife.

That magnificent crystal key had various shades of blue to it like its oval-shaped bow tinted pitch-dark blue, and its eight-inched shanks painted dark blue while the collar, thrusting, pin, and bit portions had a light blue shade to them. 

Its divine and saintly glow had penetrated their outer human shells as Ryan and Zoe had both found their soul very soothed and comforted the moment they laid eyes on it.

The fully animated key inside the kernel of the nucleus then dispersed back into a trillion luminescent scintilla particles which drove their way through inside her arms into Riley's heart one scintilla at a time and got absorbed in. 

The mat underneath them began to evaporate when the last handful of them scintilla gradually grew faint and disappeared into her heart.

"Her condition can't get any worse. She is cold as ice. I am afraid we might be late." Zoe told Riley, tears watered up in her eyes but she tried to look brave.

While Sir Nick raised to his feet, carrying Liss in his broad-shouldered arms. Tears coursed down his scarred cheeks without pausing.

"Hey. Save your waterworks for when she wakes up, you hear me. I gave you my word. And it means something where I came from too. Let's roll, suckers." 

Riley phrased, her words sounded strangely reassuring to them despite everything she had done.

Walking straight forward through the holographic wall, they found themselves stepping into a large cavern-like chamber that could fit double their numbers, tripled their sizes, without breaking a sweat. 

Bones were piled up all over the place, of humans and monsters both. Riley and the team were surrounded all around by them as they trooped right into their midst. 

Some still had a few pounds of flesh sticking onto them. That could very much explain the insane amount of putrid stench infused in the air that surrounded them.

"God! This place reeks of death and demise." Riley complained. Her thumb and forefinger joined toward clipping onto her nose.

The ground beneath them had convulsions and they thought it was an earthquake. 

But soon after, they realized that it wasn't when the whole flooring they stood upon began to ascend, lifting them into the air along with it. 

It was an escalator but it hadn't any cables attached to it neither on top nor up the bottom.

"We're dealing with a boss alright," Riley commented before she turned over to speak to Ryan. "You're awfully quiet. It's never like you."

He was zoned out, staring into space and his wrinkled forehead suggested that he was ruminating on something that didn't make a whole lot of sense to him. 

He twitched when Riley tweaked his ear, she yanked it pretty hard.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Ryan got her attention, pretty good. "You're hurting me!"

"What were you storming your brain for, genius?" She asked. Sir Nick and Zoe paid mind to their conversation.

"Not one thing adds up no matter how you look at all this," Ryan said. 

"Why would a boss send higher floor beasts to the first floor when one is destined to face them on their way up anyway."

"Moreover, no creature on earth can dominate those hybrids into submission to form a pack, no creature except one. That's what led me to think that this might be the doing of an omega."

"Omega, you said?!" Sir Nick interfered, fear and distress clouded his prevailing depression for his daughter. 

Seeing him alarmed, a nastiful fright spiraled through Zoe. She hadn't seen him that terrified for like never.

"What's an omega?" she asked, quite a bit curious and panicked. She had never heard of that word anywhere before.

"It is an alpha that massacred its own betas and gammas and feasted on their souls. By doing so, it gained the power of its entire army."

"But a physical body, of a boss monster nonetheless, can only take so much power. Its body becomes overpowered like a ticking time bomb, gradually growing unstable with the passing of every second until one day it detonates." Riley explained to Zoe.

"To prevent it, the body takes matters into its own hands and shuts down involuntarily throwing the monster into a deep sleep."

"If awoken, it would be infuriated while it wreaks havoc like a mad bull and it won't stop until it has brought down hell onto those in its sight. Miles of the area around it would be swept clean, engulfed in radiation and flames when it goes off."

... to be continued. 

       

7