008. Virus-X Is Universal And Time-Proportional!
59 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ryan, you good-for-nothing imbecile! What have you done?!" Riley yelled, she had set her foot in the grand chamber. That was before she laid eyes on the events playing out in there. 

The omega was grasping him by his feet upside down, but he was not screaming. 

Thick viscous dark-purple liquid dribbled down from his head, and it departed from somewhere below his abdomen. 

It was his blood and his shabby jeans shirt had been drenched in its torrent.

The deep and intense shade of purple, his blood had hued plainly manifested signs of him activating his god mode. 

He must've yelled and given a harsh, piercing cry out loud for help but the amplitude of the monstrous roar must've overwrote it. That's why they didn't hear him at all, might be. 

Riley stood there overwhelmed by a strange feeling that suffocated her. She didn't care about anyone else and that was the first time she did. 

She thought he was dead, gone from their midst forever. An inexplicable rage bubbled up inside her and she channeled it the only way she knew, through her chi into her crank. 

"Go frenzy, Ponytail!" Riley shouted, her palm grabbing the middle of the staff and it grew into a spear with a serrated edge. She was holding the staff up to her ear and it stayed parallel with the ground. 

Creating a T-stance, she twisted forward with her hips as she launched the spear, aiming it at the limb the beast had grasped Ryan with. 

But she shifted her aim to its head before she projected it into the air. It penetrated its skull and lodged itself into his brain. 

It didn't stop there, no, it drove itself through his brain matter before its barb spiked through its eyeball, popping it out of the eye socket. 

The staff upon exiting the beast's head took a detour before it headed towards its wielder, Riley. 

The omega blenched as it struggled to regain its composure, and in miserable pain and anguish it swang Ryan farther and nearer to it before hurling him away with force into space. 

The new girl created a net meshed with her chi that had caught Ryan and a skidder beneath it that had slided him over to her. 

Immediately after receiving him, she took him out of there into the previous room where Sir Nick and Zoe would be. 

"My god! What happened to him?" Zoe asked on seeing the new girl carrying Ryan into their room. She ran to him leaving the rite arrangements in the middle to fend for themselves. 

At that time she was cleansing Liss by passing her chi into her body which couldn't have been possible if the new girl hadn't jump started Liss's body the last time she was there in that room. 

"He's fine. Just fainted due to somewhat severe loss of blood. Luckily his internal organs were not inflicted with very much damage in the clash." 

The new girl said, healing his wounds with the heat emitted from her palm. She was a healer, an animator, and a spell caster. And one of the very best in every one of them. 

Promptly after she placed her hand glowing brightly over his lower abdomen, Ryan's wounds healed like they were never even there to begin with. 

And he sprang up and sat like an adrenaline injected supersoldier, if you were to neglect his comic and witty nature. 

"How am I even alive?! What in the abyss is going on here?!" he asked, in amazement. 

He had borrowed the phrases break-dancing on Zoe's spotted tongue right out of her mouth. She and Sir Nick were equally amazed as well, more or less. 

"I am pretty sure the omega infected me! But I'm feeling fine! Actually I'm feeling awesome! Who...who are you?"

"As I said before, this is no time for chit-chat! Riley is facing the omega as we speak! Soon as she gives the signal, we need to jump right in."

"How far has she been sterilized? Even one percent impurity in her shell could sabotage the whole ritual." 

The new girl said, her front in the direction of Zoe who's purifying Liss's body with her chi in her god mode. 

She didn't reply maybe because she was meditating clearly or maybe she wanted to ask her something else but she didn't want to sound ungrateful. 

"You destroyed omega's infection in a second! Healing Liss should be a child's play for you. Then why aren't you helping her?! I don't understand!" Ryan confessed his query that was eating into him the longer he waited. 

"I'm very sorry for his behavior! Please don't take him to mind, madam! We're extremely thankful for everything you've been doing for us!" Sir Nick said, apologizing to her for Ryan's rude talking. 

"No. It's alright, Sir!" she replied to Nick before turning over to Ryan to get back at his question. 

"Virus-X, whether it came from an omega or a level one monster is one and the same and would spread into the infected body at an equal rate."

"The only thing we need to consider is the time of contagion. The longer the virus stays in the system, the more deep the human will fall into the abyss and the more impossible it will get for decontaminating the contaminant." 

Concurrently, in the very adjacent room, omega charged at Riley in contempt and rage spiced up by the pain she caused it with her ponytail. 

She bent her knees down a bit as she thrusted herself up into the air with the force her sudden and powerful motion had applied on the ground beneath her feet. 

Jumping far upto the altitude where she could directly see into the one remaining eye of the omega, she ordered her weapon to change into 'jack the hacker'. 

... to be continued.

5