#10 The Things He Wants to Do With Me IV
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Convincing myself to think nothing of what happened proved to be tough. I considered the possibility that he tended to be more physical than I'm accustomed to, but that didn't give me any solace. He didn't seem to be giving much thought about what he did either. That much I noticed as we continued to spend time together that day. 'In any case, I really shouldn't let myself be fazed.' I told myself.

But, who was I kidding. One Friday in the weeks that followed, as we were about to go home together, he popped the question again. 'Got anything to do tomorrow?' He asked, as I was fixing my helmet on. 'Pretty sure I don't.' I replied in an unconvincing nonchalant tone. 'Planning something?' I asked back.

'I sometimes go swimming on Saturdays.' He explained. 'The nearby campus' pool is open to the public on weekends.'

' Well, sure, let's go then.' I said, absent-minded. 'Hold on...' I thought, 'Swimming? We're gonna go swimming tomorrow? But that would mean... bare skin...'

'Just us two?' I asked, hoping for reassurance. 'Yeah, why?' He answered.

'Just asking.' I wasn't reassured in the slightest.

                Time flew by anyways, and tomorrow came regardless. I left home on an empty stomach a tad earlier than I should've. I was surprised, when I arrived, to find Andrew already waiting for me there. This was the rare occasion that he was earlier than me. And ,I found out why that was once we stepped in. At this hour, it was still ghostly quiet. In fact, it was only the two of us in the locker room. Though, that didn't give me any ease whatsoever. We stood with our backs against each other as I had chosen a locker parallel to his. I  gulped as I grasped the hem of my t-shirt, having second thoughts about undressing. 

Unable to resist, I sneaked a glance towards Andrew. A split second was enough for the image of his figure to be burned into my mind. Joining the basketball club really did some justice to his physique. His posture was great, and his build was rather decent. Most noticeably, he had beautiful legs.

'God, I'm trash...' I thought.

'Miles, aren't you gonna change?' He asked. I had apparently spent a lot of time fawning. 'Oh, right!' I snapped.

As we got ourselves wet, it was clear how much of an athlete he was. We couldn’t even begin to be compared. He proposed we race a single lap along the width of the pool. Not only did he finish way ahead of me, he also made it look effortless. I, on the other hand, was already pretty much burned out.

‘You okay there?’ Andrew asked. ‘I’m alive.’ I gasped.

‘You looked like you were swimming for your life.’ He remarked. ‘Do you not know how to breathe?’

‘I don’t…’ I answered timidly.

‘Well it’s nothing to be ashamed of, tons of people can’t swim that well.’ He assured me.

We must’ve only spent a half hour, give or take, by the time I felt like I could as well drown as soon as I dove. Per Andrew’s urge, we called it quits and washed up. Feeling a bit green, I held onto the wall for support as cold water rained down on my skin. Perhaps it was because I felt embarrassed for having shown an uncool display of myself earlier, but I tried to avoid eye contact with Andrew.

'Hang in there, we'll get something to eat after this.' He said. 'Right...' I replied, still looking away.       

'Miles, are you not feeling well?' I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch.

'I-I'm fine!' I replied hastily, glancing towards him for a second before breaking eye contact.

'Well, whatever.' He remarked, removing his hands and switching the shower off. 'Let's not stay in the shower too long, wouldn't wanna catch a cold.' He walked away towards the locker room, leaving me a dripping wet, confused mess.

1