Chapter 5: JAC versus Athyn Versus Leroy
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Acknowledgments:

 

Tikara and Arson belong to Sweet-Gem.

 

Swillow and Citrus belong to Swillow the Slaughterhound

 

Berand belongs to Kgy121 (Experimental Dungeon Novel)

 

"Until the Bitter End!"

 

Standing atop the giant sequoia, Swillow, Citrus, and JAC stared down at their audiences. JAC, who had had his soul and psychology mangled in the Armageddon Match, placed a crown on Swillow's head. She smirked. "I am your new king of the beasts!"

 

She trotted down the steps. "Out of all of you, I rule! My first command is I will make you all kiss my-"

 

Citrus cleared her throat. "Swillow, stop making an ass of yourself. You have to defend that belt." Swillow's eyes went to the top of her head. "And the crown?"

 

JAC nodded. "Once a month, or you lose the crown."

 

"As queen I change the-"

 

"-No." JAC said.

 

Swillow growled. "What kind of king am I if I have to fight for the crown?"

"You're fighting for your territory," JAC said"To remain the Alpha Female, you have to beat up the betas. Beta beating."

 

"Fine!" She threw her head to the air. "Let us find a blood sacrifice." She scanned the crowd for potential fighters. "Who here is dumb enough to fight me first?"

JAC said, "I wonder if I cheated for the right person?"


(Co-Written with Sweet-Gem.)

 

Tikara remained silent as he stood alongside his boss. In a way he was partially expecting to be volunteered to fight. However, the boss didn't speak.

 

Better whomever else than me, Tikara thought, this is a huge waste of time.

A few feet from him, three robots and their fighter gathered.

 

The top mech said, "Your failure has brought humiliation upon us." The bobcat they talked to lowered his head. "However... If you are challenged by a formidable opponent, and you achieve victory through proper use of skill and strength, your shame will be wiped clean. A reward will await you back on our planet. Or else the new "King" will be your new master." He gestured to Swillow.

 

Arson gazed at Swillow, and swallowed, before nodding at the robot.

 

Swillow's said, "Pfft, no one? All a bunch of cowards. No claim to the crown - I get to keep it-"

"Wait, over there." JAC pointed to the mechs. "They're pointing at us, those mechanical menaces. They seem to be communicating."

 

"Pointing to me?" Swillow asked, as she travelled over. "You all trying to figure out who to probe-" She paused while Arson took a few steps back. He didn't like being squashed. "Who's this shrimp? Right, you got beaten up by that big cat person. Your big brother?"

 

The top leader shook its head. "Negative. Simply warning my servant."

 

Arson growled. Couldn't that garbage breath canid tell they weren't related? He spoke, but in a bestial tongue, that Swillow shouldn't understand. "And don't you compare me to a sea bug."

 

"Negative, their DNA do not match," TML said. "He failed due to carelessness. However, now that you are here, there is something I'd like to discuss."

 

"First-" She went nose to nose with Arson who kept a brave face. "I speak fluent beast, runt." She turned to TML. "Second, you can tell me anything. I suggest you make it good. Good for your health."

 

Her threat launched the guards to get into battle stance. TML gestured for them to stand down. "It's merely a suggestion that I believe will catch your interest. I am giving my servant a chance at redemption to make up for his loss. However, if he fails once more... he should serve a new master for a while. He'd be stripped of his armor and power, and who a better superior than one with a crown?"

 

Arson's eyes widened and he shook his head. "Rowr! Rowr mrowrrr!" Or "WHAT?! You can't expect me to serve!-"

 

TML looked at Arson with glowing red eyes. Arson stared in the ground in submission.

Swillow stared at her allies.

 

"It's a trap. They're putting a sleeper agent in our forces," JAC said.

 

"Yes, but look at his chubby cheeks! And at his chubby face too!" She giggled. Arson blushed and looked up at the clouds.

 

Citrus said, "There's a catch to this. They wouldn't offer unless they had something to win." She turned to TML. "What's your game, then?"

 

TML shook his head. "There is no game. We already have more than enough power where we're from." He turned to Swillow. "I'm offering you him for his loss, to teach a lesson that will stick. When I choose a servant to serve under me, I expect excellence in return. In his case, my preference is for him to learn from his mistake through humility, as opposed to being locked away."

 

Swillow laughed. "He's already my subject." She looked up at her crown. "Case you haven't noticed?"

 

"If he's going to be fighting, how about he fights me first?" Citrus stepped forward.

TML said, "I don't see why not."

 

Arson looked Citrus up and down. He thought, not bad looking... for a canid. But this changes nothing about how I feel about those species.

 

"Challenge accepted," TML said.

 

Arson narrowed his eyes at Citrus, a smirk creeping its way across his face. He purred, signaling he felt the same way.

 

Citrus stared at JAC, knowing the GM had to approve. JAC cleared his throat. "This is a Beast Game-"

 

"-Rap Battle."

 

"Excusez me?"

 

"I'd like to see him embarrass himself."

 

Beeping came from the mech guards. The idea sounded amusing. Watching Arson giving it a try, at least.

 

Arson scrunched his face up. "What's a rap?"

 

TML said, "A rap is a series of verbal jousts, in which one opponent attempts to overthrow the other using a variety of insults."

 

Arson blinked.

 

"You rhyme and insult in a song."

 

Arson nodded slowly. "Ooooh." He turned away. "Crap." A distance away in the crowd, stood a sneering lizard boss with his henchman and less than pleased fighter. The day couldn't be any better for the boss.

JAC stood at their sides. "There will be three judges of this contest. Me, myself, and I."

 

Swillow said, "That can't be fair."

 

"Exactly right! Begin."

"You go first, shrimp," Citrus said.

 

"Uh..." He looked at TML for reassurance. TML said nothing but stared at him expectantly. He faced the area of the ground in front of him. He took his time, and rapped.

 

"Don't think I'm gonna lose you crazy lady,

cause Imma end on top I could hear you fading

Though I know I never done this before, I'm gonna end you now cause you're such a bore."

 

JAC scribbled on a notecard. "Eh, I guess that worked out. Sorta. I'll give you points for effort.

 

Citrus said, "I'm the assassin of Snow

Been giving out death blows

While you were singing sticks and stones know I already made my bones

I am your nemesis,

I am a threat

Since my genesis

You can bet

I was able to beat up punks like you

Back when you couldn't even count to two."

 

"Well, Citrus probably won that round. One one hand, I feel like I'm not that impartial, on the other hand, I don't feel like it! Points to Citrus for skill!"

 

Arson heard how good Citrus was, causing a pang of nervousness to fill his gut. But he caught an important detail. He got a poker face. He thought, so there's a bit of a rhythm to it. Hmm, peculiar... But I got this."

 

"I'm a gift given champ that came from far. To the other foes I've conquered they know I'm a star. I'd claw, crush, smash, and then repeat I was the toughest foe they'd ever meet.

Don't think I'm gonna choose to quit now. Cause I'll make up my loss before I leave this town. Anyone I see that stands in my way I'm gonna turn that predator into my prey.

How dare you think I'm weak because of my size. You forget that my body's been compromised. So you should prepare yourself you cocky mutt Cause I'll make you regret that and eat my dust."

 

Arson turned around and kicked dust in Citrus's face, as he said the last three words in the rap he managed to put together successfully.

 

He smirked at Citrus.

 

Swillow and JAC blinked. "That poor kid," JAC said.

 

Citrus growled. She stared at JAC. "Give me your belt."

 

"What the- This a rap battle."

 

"Give me the damn belt."

 

"The Beast Game will end-"

 

"Give me the f-" The monitor displayed marshmallows. "-ing belt."

 

JAC shook his head. He undid the belt, and smacked it against itself, before tossing it to Citrus who caught it in her jaws.

 

Swillow grabbed the bobcat. His squirmed. "Hey! Put me down! What are you doing!?"

 

She throw Arson over a log with his butt in the air. Citrus smacked Arson's bottom with the belt. Arson screeched at the whack. The boss komodo dragon and his henchmen laughed at him. Even the Mech Guards found it funny, though they spoke and chuckled in their language.

 

The bell rang, and Citrus was automatically disqualified for whipping her opponent.

An announcer said, "The winner of this match is Arson by disqualification!"

 

Arson jumped off the log and faced Citrus, growling.

 

"Who the hell kicks dust in someone's face?" Swillow asked.

 

"Someone who's, like, way bigger than them?" JAC asked.

 

"You have some big fancy mech guards. How about three of us, versus three of you, in a Steel Cage?" Citrus asked him.

 

Arson stopped growling. He sat down, and lifted his front paw to lick and wipe it behind his ear. He tilted his head at the idea of a cage match.

 

Tikara watched, arms crossed. Arson's past... What would he do?.

 

"Why should I have to fight all three of you? If the matches require accepted challenges? If one fight is all I need to redeem myself, then I'll go for one opponent. Instead of a trio. I don't care for the crown, cause I'd rather live comfortably elsewhere. And if there's anyone I'm going to challenge, it's you Citrus. For the obvious reason."

 

TML beeped, and Arson understood the command. "'Scuse'." He trotted and sat down in front of the mech leader.

 

"It's THREE of us, versus THREE of you!" JAC said.

 

"No, no, I like what he's saying," Citrus said. "He's right, it should be one on one, Steel Cage fight?"

 

"...Alright, next week, Steel Cage, first one out of the cage wins."

 

Arson listened to JAC, while facing the mechs, and his boss. TML stared down at him like his guards. "It seems you've partially vindicated yourself. I offer my congrats." TML bent down to scratch the bobcat under his chin, making him purr and squint. He straightened himself back up to lift his metal hand and snap his fingers."

 

Mech Guard #1 removed a small metal container from a compartment in his armor, and gave it to TML.

 

Arson' nose danced as he smelled the sweet aroma. He licked his lips. He lightly stepped on the ground with his front paw in anticipation.

 

The TML said, "I wouldn't be fair if I didn't reward you." He opened a contain to reveal a pink liquid. Like strawberry milk, but different. He placed the container on the ground for Arson.

Arson purred and came closer to sniff. He started lapping up the delicious drink.

 

The Triad left Arson to his own devices.

 

 

(Co-written with the self.)

 

"Great, you didn't solve our problem," JAC said. "We still need to find someone for Swillow to defend against."

 

They came back up the sequoia. "ANYWAY!" JAC said, "There will be a title opportunity in the coming weeks. I am starting the Artesian Belt Tournament. And I already have the brackets.

-The holder will rule a singular zone of their choosing.

 

-As I am non-beast, I cannot participate nor win championships.

 

-It will be single elimination."

 

"And why do you get to make the decisions?" A blue dragon staggered over. The smell of alcohol offended everyone's nostrils. "You get to make these stupid rules for the Artesian Belt Tournament? Why you, why shouldn't someone else makes the brackets?"

 

JAC blinked. "Well for one, I'm sober."

 

"You cheated, as a general manager, to get Swillow the belt."

 

Swillow said, "It's not his fault he made poor wording choices! I didn't know I could win either, I just thought I'd give it to Citrus!"

 

JAC put a hand on her shoulder. "Actually, no he's right. I knew you'd do something like that." Swillow blinked. "Regardless, Athyn, you lost unfair and circle, but if you need a fight-"

 

MEW3 stepped up. "Wait, who says that one of you fools should be running the show? Ever since ONE got beat, he hasn't shown up. Maybe some crazy person shouldn't be in charge."

 

"I didn't do it," JAC said. "The Reaper did it. The Realist did it, but not the Planner."

 

"Are you disturbed?" MEW3 shook his head. "I don't care what you call yourself. But while I'm not a good fighter, I know someone who is." He called forward a velociraptor.

 

"Leroy!?" Athyn and JAC said.

 

"How about it? Triangle match," MEW3 said. "The SOS, versus the Slaughtrio, versus the Order of Light for tournament making?"

 

"Never call us the Slaughtrio again," Citrus told MEW3.

 

JAC looked at Athyn. "I accept, and I make this match official. Typical Triangle rules. First one to get the pin, gets the win."

 

The three set the match up. In the ring.

 

Leroy stared at his two opponents and whispered to MEW3, "What am I supposed to do?"

 

"What do you mean?" MEW3 asked.

 

"A lot of my knowledge comes from gaming. I'm technically more human than JAC is. I got turned into a dinosaur."

 

MEW3 blinked. The bell rang. "Do something, anything!"

 

JAC and Athyn smelled blood in the water. Both ran at the smallest competitor, Leroy. Leroy jumped, and grabbed the top rope. Soon as the two came at them, they hopped down, taking the rope with them. Athyn ran over the ring, but JAC grabbed the rope and flipped over onto the apron.

 

Leroy released the ring rope and whipped their tail at JAC's legs. JAC anticipated, slingshotting himself with the ring rope before Leroy's attack connected. JAC swung around, and crashed his elbow into Leroy's face.

 

Leroy head whipped back from the hit as they fell to the ground. Blink. Their cranium felt like bursting. Darkness encroached their vision.

 

JAC went down, fishing out loot. He found a suitable table, which he set up. It stood a foot shorter than the ring. He patted it.

 

Athyn locked JAC in his sights. Soon as JAC turned, Athyn rushed at him.

 

JAC jumped over Athyn, avoiding his goat like horns. Athyn's momentum continued, but with great agility, he flew over the table and back into the ring.

 

Leroy tried walking off the pain. They turned, received a headbutt from Athyn, knocking them down again.

 

Athyn crushed Leroy's face with his claws, holding their head down, shoulders pinned.

 

One...

 

Two...

 

Leroy kicked out. Swung a claw at Athyn's eye.

 

Blood splattered on the mat as Athyn retreated. He rubbed at his injured eye, not seeing JAC. Several looping kicks hit Athyn's chest.

 

JAC boxed Athyn to a corner. Leroy rushed in. JAC tried chopping him. Leroy could ducked the chop before giving JAC a series of tail whips to down him.

 

JAC went down, red lines across his body.

 

Leroy rolled out the ring. They fished around, trying to see the loot. Chairs... Tables... Dictionaries...

 

They settled for a ladder.

 

Athyn's pain subsided as he looked at a downed JAC. He grabbed at JAC's hair with his long claws, almost cutting it. Feeling defiant, JAC rammed his elbow into the muscular chest of Athyn.

 

Oxygen flowed out of Athyn from each hit. He released, and JAC grabbed his horns before trying to throw him out the ring. Athyn tumbled over the ropes and fell on his back.

 

Final moment. JAC climbed the ringpost.

 

Leroy jumped off a ladder, preparing to snap a flying headlock on JAC.

 

They overcalculated, a fact unbeknownst until Leroy smashed into the table JAC set up earlier. Leroy went to night night alley.

 

Athyn rushed towards Leroy, only for JAC to hit his wing with a chair.

 

Athyn fell to the ground, clutching his injured wingpit.

 

"Ow, you little- Ffff..."

 

JAC threw the chair away. Then revealed a new weapon. A common kitchen sponge. JAC stalked off, went to a lemonade vendor, took the lemonade.

 

The blue dragon prepared to throw Leroy back in, only for JAC to shove a lemonade soaked sponge into his mouth. Athyn gagged as JAC placed his hand around Athyn's earslit like a headphone, and forced the dragon to the ground while squeezing the insides of his mouth.

Athyn tried spitting up, the bitter lemonade taste being mixed with dirty kitchen utensils. He thrashed, choking and drowning on lemonade. JAC scrubbed Athyn's face with the sponge, now covered with Athyn's own spit.

 

With the threats downed, JAC knew the only reasonable thing to do. Throw Leroy in the ring. Get the pin. But first, how badly could someone hurt someone else with an empty plastic cup? The math didn't make sense at first as JAC tapped his skull three times. Then he flashed the audience two thumbs up while sticking his tongue out.

 

Athyn felt plastic against the back of his neck. He'd shout at JAC, but all the coughing he did made his throat raw. JAC dropped an elbow down, splitting the cup and sending percussive force into Athyn's throat, making him cough further. With the little torn up cup, JAC ran the sharp edges across Athyn's uninjured eye, forcing him to scream.

 

Welp, Athyn rested against the earth. No, more like took to crying and trying to simultaneously pluck his eyeball out while trying to numb the pain.

 

Grabbing Leroy, JAC threw them into the ring. Last part. He came for the pin, but Leroy broke his nose with a punch.

 

JAC crawled away. A dull pain where his nose once was. Blood oozed down, and into his lips as he tasted his own life draining.

 

That was the day he retired from modeling, but enough about that.

 

Leroy dropkicked JAC into the back of the head. A loud smack, while JAC fell forward.

Leroy flipped him over, pinning him.

 

One...

 

Two...

 

At two and a half, JAC forced himself up. He put Leroy into a headlock. Leroy punched at his exposed core, causing disconnect, before upper cutting JAC back.

 

Athyn entered the ring. He carried the chair JAC used against him, but Leroy dropkicked the chair, launching it into Athyn's head instead.

 

Leroy fell to their back as Athyn's head rang.

 

JAC grabbed their ankle.

 

Leroy prepared to punch JAC, but JAC swung his other leg around. He put Leroy's legs into a four position while sitting down himself. Pressure came to Leroy's knees from the submission, the figure four leg lock.

 

Athyn took too much time trying to wake up from metal impacting his face. Leroy couldn't deal with the stabbing pressure, like a crowbar trying to pop their knees off. Without any other resort, Leroy tapped out. The referee told JAC to stop.

 

"Your winner, by submission, is JAC."

 

JAC: 2 - 0 (6)

Leroy: 0 - 1 (-3)

Athyn: 0 - 2 (-6)

 

JAC said, "Sorry, but the games have to go a certain way. Now, the Artesian Belt Tournament shall advance as I have said..." A bear lurked behind JAC.

 

"The winner will of course rule over a zone of their choice. From the Grimwood zone, to the-" He collapsed as the bear clotheslined him.

 

MEW3 rushed to the ring and stamped his foot on JAC. Leroy paused at the brutality, but joined in, as all three had been part of the SOS.

 

The barbarian, Berand, threw JAC out of the ring. JAC rose up, and went to an ice cream cart. He searched for delicious dairy treats, before uncovering one from its wrapper.

 

"You need to pay for that!" the vendor said.

 

He turned to her. "Right, how much for-" Two fists came to his back from the bear, almost cracking his ribs and forcing air to come out of him.

 

He shoved the pointy cone into the bear's throat.

 

As the bear turned back, JAC kicked MEW3 in the stomach. He ripped out MEW3's wallet and threw it to the vendor, but Leroy boxed JAC in the mouth, forcing him to recline on the cart.

 

The bear took the cart, got a running start, and released it. JAC stood up on the cart, before realizing he headed to the nearest lake.

 

The cart splashed in the water, and the last thing they saw of JAC was his arm. Not waving around desperately. Gave a final, middle finger salute. He sunk, and bubbles popped to the surface.

0