A Ghastly Play
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    You follow him, like you always have. He’s your last anchor to this world, as you are now. He is what can be considered a classic villain at the surface, coming up with unique problems and solutions to provide the “protagonist” (he calls them “the Hero”) as they can complete their journey.

 

He claims he does this for the hero to teach them lessons, to eventually provide the world where he couldn’t.

 

    You can’t remember when or how you came to be, wandering around, slowly fading away. Then he discovered you, saved you, cherished you, all with strange machines.

 

But these do not matter.

    The hero finally breaks into his lair, destroying machines and searching for him at the same time with their companions. Slowly, they manage to corner him and the hero begins to speak:

 

“Why did you do this? To the people? To me? To everyone?”

 

“Well, I did it for you.”

 

“What the hell do you mean you did it for me? Is this some kind of sick joke? You killed the people I loved! And yet you say you did it for me.”

 

“I didn’t kill them, (hero).”

 

“Then who did?” The hero was tearing up at this moment.

 

“I’m not sure. I just wished to teach you the path in life while they couldn’t.”

 

    The hero, crying, beheaded him. You could feel yourself fading again. You only looked at the hero, and he appeared to be able to see you back for once. He stared, eyes wide open with their mouth agape in shock, and you smiled. You saw their journey. You saw his journey. And all was meant to be.

 

As you contemplated this sight for the last moment, it disappeared.

2