Chapter 1- Saying Goodbyes
365 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boruto was standing on top of the mountain where the previous Hokages faces use to be. His cloak and ashen yellow hair blowed around the air.

Boruto slowly glanced back at the deserted village. Demolished buildings, homes, academy, and the Hokage Building. 

Boruto thought about the times where he would pull pranks and run around with Shikadai. The times were he would eat burgers with Sarada and Mitsuki. As well the times were he would play with Himawari. 

Boruto faintly smiled, as he pictures all of his friends and family smiling back towards him.

"Oni-Chan!"

"Boruto"

"Boruto-Kun"

Boruto witnesses as everyone called for him. Boruto then sees a figure walking towards him. It was his father, Naruto Uzumaki. As he walks with calm yet strong aura he looks up to Boruto and gives big smile and gives a fist pump to Boruto.

Boruto fist pump back but he felt nothing. The image that was in his head vanished. Boruto was still standing in top of the mountain alone.

Sigh

Boruto look up towards the sun and reach with his left hand. 

"I hope all of you are doing well." Boruto said with a solemn tone. Boruto brought his hand back down and looked at the corpse of his brother Kawaki.

Boruto stare at him with a stoic face but inside he felt anger and hurt. Who would of thought that Kawaki would be the one destroying everything Boruto had.

Boruto clenched his hands enough for it to tear in his skin. Blood poured out of his hands and spilled in the ground.

Sigh

Boruto walked towards the corpse in a subtle motion. As he got to where Kawaki body is , Boruto crouch.

'The karma should still be intact.' Boruto though to himself as he reach his hand towards Kawaki chest.

*Voosh*

A black swirl form in Boruto's hand, it was absorbing Kawaki's karma. Boruto's karma can absorb anything, be it life force or a rock. 

After a minute has passed, Boruto finished absorbing the rest of Kawaki's karma.

Boruto felt a boost in his body, it wasn't anything major but it was enough to feel a bit strong. Boruto has now both karmas. The one where Momoshiki implanted on him and the one Ishhiki gave to Kawaki. Though Ishhiki soul has been extinguished the Otsutsuki data is still there. But one thing that's not gone is Momoshiki. Even though he's been able to befriend him, he can't help but think he might betray him just like how Kawaki did.

Boruto slightly frowned and made a mental note to talk to Momoshiki after he gets out of this accursed world.

Boruto stood back up and took 5 steps back. He held out his right hand and made a hand sign.

Fire Style: Fire Breath Jutsu 

*svoosh*

Boruto breathed out fire to burn Kawaki's body. Bright red flames were on Kawaki's body slowly disintegrating his body.

Boruto stare into the flames for a while before it vanished. There he could see ashes of Kawaki.

The strong air blew out his ashes into the air. 

Boruto closed his eyes and felt as someone hugged him. 

'Thank you Boruto' Kawaki said as his soul slowly dissipates.

Boruto immediately opened his eyes, confused as to what happened. Body to grasped his chest and looked back to where Kawaki body was but there was nothing.

This wasn't the only time this happened but what Kawaki said really struck him.

Boruto compose himself and looked at the sky one more time. The sun was going down, the sky was slowly turning dark.

"It's almost time." Boruto said without a hint of emotion. Boruto then proceeded to hold out his hand again and opened a portal.

Boruto looked back at the Village one last time and said "Goodbye everyone".

Boruto turned back to face the portal and walks right through it.

-

Boruto opened his eyes and saw a pitch black void. It's as if he had his eyes closed but Boruto knew he had it opened.

"Where am I?" Boruto said as he voice echoes through the void. Boruto then tried to communicate with Momoshiki inside his mind.

"Momoshiki are you still here?" Boruto internally said.

"You thought I was gone didn't you? Hahah! Foolish mortal, I will always remain here with you!" Momoshiki responded with playful tone.

Boruto let out a sigh.

"Where are we?" Boruto said as he internally speaks to Momoshiki.

"Ah you're in what is called Void" Momoshiki replied.

"Void? Didn't you say we would go to another universe?" Boruto said with an emotionless tone. 

"Hm don't ever doubt me mortal. And yes I did say that but we first must choose a universe to go to. You see there is a endless of universes so that's what this void is made for us to decide which universe we would go." Momoshiki said.

Sigh

"I see. How do I choose?" Boruto said.

"You seriously are a stupid mortal. Have you tried looking around and see if there's a book flying around?" Momoshiki said.

Boruto narrowed his eyes and moved around in the pitch black. "There's nothing here. Are you sure there's a book here?" Boruto said as he gets a bit impatient.

"Sigh yes! Wait a minute, is your karma activated?" Momoshiki said with a curious tone.

Boruto shook his head and said "no, I'll try activating it if it makes a difference". Boruto said as he activates his karma. A blue shined into the void and now Boruto could see a bit better.

'I should have done this from the start' Boruto noted as he looks at his palm. Boruto also noticed that his left arm has a red glow. To which Boruto confirms that it's Kawaki karma.

"Now look around again and find the book. It shouldn't be too hard foolish mortal." Momoshiki said.

Boruto nodded and looked back at the void. And there it was... a Book. It was floating and had a diamond on the cover of the book.

Boruto grabbed the book and opened it, and as soon as he opened it , it shined brightly in his face making him close his eyes. After a sec he opened them back up and noticed that there was light now. It was no longer pitch black.

Boruto then looked at the book and saw encrypted language on the first page."

"Hey what does this say?" Boruto asked Momoshiki. Boruto figured that Momoshiki must know about this language since it had a karma on the cover.

"Haaa it saids that each page is a universe and if you want to enter into one you must place you're palm into the page you want to go." Momoshiki responded.

Boruto nodded and went to the next page and saw that it was different. This time it had a image of what the world looks like. Then below it has more encrypted message.

"What does it say here?" Boruto said as he points where the encrypted message is.

8